PDA

View Full Version : Mas oyama karate- how legit, and if not....

Bluto Blutarsky
10/27/2005 12:49pm,
I think every martial artist has heard tales about mas oyama bitch slapping a herd of bovine opponents.

Regardless of the truth to that story or not, Is his system legit?

I read that there have been break offs of the original system too.

I'll give you the background after I get some input, but telling this person it's BS would have to be sugar coated to the max, if I'm able to raise it at all.

samadhi_fire
10/27/2005 12:52pm,
The search function is your friend.

ojgsxr6
10/27/2005 12:55pm,
Kyokushin is probably the most hard core karate style out there, Kyokushin fighters do very well to say the least in K1 kickboxing, offshoots incude Seido, Ashihara, Shidokan, Enshin, Budo Kai, I'm sure there are others I have missed.

Kengou
10/27/2005 12:58pm,
Oyama was legit and so is Kyokushin. There was also a big thread somewhat recently (a couple months ago I think) regarding the validity of Oyama's bull-bashing. Search function.

Method2Madness
10/27/2005 12:58pm,
r u asking if kyukushin is a real martial art? because it is and it's known as one of the most powerful systems of karate.

blargle
10/27/2005 1:05pm,
That'd be awesome if the bovine slapping were true. From what I've seen, Kyokushin is a great form of Karate to learn.

Not to get off subject, but has anyone seen "Fighter in the Wind"? It's suppose to be a movie about Mas Oyama.

GreenHornet
10/27/2005 1:09pm,
Damnit you got 184 posts which means that you have been here long enough to know about the legitimacy of kyokushin and Mas Oyama.
Please stfu and search within the forum for previous threads on the matter.

DerAuslander
10/27/2005 2:25pm,
Dude I love slapping bovines. Tipping them too!

Bluto Blutarsky
10/27/2005 2:31pm,
sorry about that.

I'm at work and talked to the person/client.

He said it was "oyama" karate, not kyokoshin though, and he never heard of mas oyama.

I'll read the prior thread tonight.

I only had time to skim it.

dramaboy
10/27/2005 2:37pm,
Read more about the bovine incidents in "Mas Oyama: The Zen of Cow Tipping"

Tomas

I think every martial artist has heard tales about mas oyama bitch slapping a herd of bovine opponents.

Regardless of the truth to that story or not, Is his system legit?

I read that there have been break offs of the original system too.

I'll give you the background after I get some input, but telling this person it's BS would have to be sugar coated to the max, if I'm able to raise it at all.

tabris
10/27/2005 2:37pm,
Oyama Karate is yet another off shoot of kyokushin and I believe they are under the World Oyama Karate founded by Shigeru Oyama (headquartered in NYC) which might be the place your client is talking about.

Shigeru Oyama also studied under Mas Oyama and fought the 100 person kumite. No BS about it. Any guy that fought in the 100 person kumite is a badass already in my book...

Meager
10/27/2005 3:42pm,
Everyone in this thread is a filthy liar. Mas Oyama was pure bullshido. I recommend finding the closest Kyokushin dojo and calling them a bunch of pussies. Please bring a video camera.

Gezere
10/27/2005 3:46pm,
Legit!

Kyokushin vs K1 Ichigeki. Kyokushin won EVERY bout (both Kyokushin rules and K1 rules) 'nuff said.

CanucKyokushin
10/27/2005 4:44pm,
I think I know where this guy is going.Let me say just that Bluto needs to make a little effort in his searches:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23611&page=1&highlight=oyama+karate

Now either Bluto will talk about the 100 fights or the Sword catching trick Shigeru Oyama did at tournaments in the 60's.

And just to reiterate how Shigeru Oyama is related to Masutasu Oyama:Mas Oyam went and lived with a family in Japan and thaught the Oyama brothers MA.This was back in the 30's and Mas Oyama was atteinding high-school at the time.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9090&page=26&pp=15&highlight=oyama+karate