PDA

View Full Version : Enshin Karate School

Pages : [1] 2

Wataru Akiyama
10/22/2005 6:06am,
There's a karate school in my gym that teaches Enshin Karate. It is full contact, no padding, no guarding.
I'm gonna sit in at one of the lessons and check it out, then report back and then you guys can tell me what's up.

Cakemaster
10/22/2005 7:21am,
Enshin has a good rep from what people here have had to say about it. At the very least it's full contact, so even if the instructor does turn out to be useless, at least you learn what taking hits feels like. That's vital no matter what style you do. I look forward to your report!

Shaolin Bushido
10/22/2005 7:50am,
There's a guy here in Charlotte who trained under Ninomiya who's of the Kyokushin line. He won the heavyweight title in Sabaki a few years back. Basically, he seems to emphasize gripping and turning your opponent or getting him to turn as you employ the same punching to the body and low kicks of Kyokushin Karate.

It's not Kyokushin as they don't follow the strict practices of Kyokushin ... not as hard a style.

He is one tough guy and very demanding though ... it's a tough workout.

I think the thought behind creating a new style is that it's only natural that one man's Karate should differ from his teachers and even his colleagues due to each interpretation of what they'd learned over time and what they feel should be either excluded or incorporated.

Yrkoon9
10/22/2005 11:28am,
Yrkoon gives Enshin his seal of approval.

ojgsxr6
10/22/2005 12:06pm,
If you're the guy I talked to in the locker room at Aspen Total Fitness this is my review of the class.:
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23392

Wataru Akiyama
10/22/2005 4:46pm,
If you're the guy I talked to in the locker room at Aspen Total Fitness this is my review of the class.:
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23392

Yo...which one were you, man?

ojgsxr6
10/22/2005 5:49pm,
Yo...which one were you, man?

The Blue belt.

Wataru Akiyama
10/22/2005 7:19pm,
The Blue belt.

Ah.

I was watching you, man. You're doing pretty damn well. :car9:

ojgsxr6
10/22/2005 9:28pm,
Ah.

I was watching you, man. You're doing pretty damn well.

You were there Wednesday right? Because I couldn't make it there Friday.

Wataru Akiyama
10/23/2005 2:52am,
I was there Friday.

ojgsxr6
10/23/2005 2:59am,
I was there Friday.
Oh, I thought you were the guy I talked to Wednesday, what was going on Friday? Was the Brown belt leading class?

Wataru Akiyama
10/23/2005 5:44am,
Oh, I thought you were the guy I talked to Wednesday, what was going on Friday? Was the Brown belt leading class?

Yeah. Aerobic excersizes, running around the mat, stuff like that. :icon_bigg

hl1978
10/24/2005 11:03am,
just do a search about the sabaki challenge, that will give you an idea of what the enshin guys are like

Ronin
10/24/2005 11:37am,
Enshin gets two thumps up, a 3/4 erection !

Wataru Akiyama
10/25/2005 1:57am,
It was pretty good. There was sparring, but it was slow and not as hard hitting as I expected it to be, but then again the dude that goes there said the other gujys had back and knee problems, soo...

The sensei is not all that old though.

ojgsxr6
10/25/2005 2:01am,
It was pretty good. There was sparring, but it was slow and not as hard hitting as I expected it to be, but then again the dude that goes there said the other gujys had back and knee problems, soo...

That wasn't sparring, we were just doing drills, and doing some shin and body conditioning

The sensei is not all that old though.

I don't know why that would be an issue.