PDA

View Full Version : Carlson Gracie Seminar!!

Pages : [1] 2

5FingazofDeath
10/15/2005 7:27pm,
Carlson Gracie is going to be at my school for a one day seminar. Anybody in the Connecticut area should not miss this excellent opportinity to learn from this living legend of Jiu Jitsu.

Its on the 29th, $100, at the New Haven location. If there is any questions, call and leave a message at the NEW HAVEN phone number. I think things will get started at around 10 or 11 am.

CTMMA/Araujo Jiu Jitsu (http://www.ctmma.com)

5FingazofDeath
10/19/2005 7:51pm,
ANYBODY COMING???!!!???

THIS IS CARLSON FUCKING GRACIE!!!!!

THIS MAN COULD **** MORE JIU JITSU THEN MOST PEOPLE WILL EVER KNOW!!!!

Yrkoon9
10/20/2005 10:40am,
Unfortunately his English is nil.

5FingazofDeath
10/20/2005 12:55pm,
Yeah and I hear he is pretty annoying. Oh, and crazy.

But his lineage is T3H B3ST!!!

Besides, at any given time we have at least one BB from Brazil in the school.*

*Yes I am bragging.

Vulgar
10/20/2005 1:06pm,
I live close enough that I could actually go... but I'm not really in a position where I can spend $100 for something I can't hold on to.

Yrkoon9
10/20/2005 4:14pm,
There are very few things that you can actually hold onto other than experience and knowledge. Everything else is an illusion in your particular reality.

Vulgar
10/20/2005 9:53pm,
There are very few things that you can actually hold onto other than experience and knowledge. Everything else is an illusion in your particular reality.

Sure, if you're a Buddhist. But meanwhile $140 gets me 4 months at my gym with Submission Grappling/NoGi 4 times a week, and $100 gets me one day. While that one day may be more worthwhile than any particular day at my gym, it definately won't be better than 3 months at my gym, especially at my skill level (pretty low, but learning fast.)

If I had money pouring out of my ass, I'd love to go spend the day down there, assuming I'm not hungover come Saturday to see the guy who taught the guy who taught the guy who taught the guys who teach me. But unfortunately, I am a poor college student with too many expenses and too much debt.

5FingazofDeath
10/30/2005 8:22pm,
Well the seminar was pretty nice! He covered counters to opponents defense's. We did side cross, guard, the back and a few other things. The turnout was pretty good, and it was cool to see the little bits of his personality that you normally wouldnt see. You can see how he expects top performance from the people he trains. And he is a pretty fiery old man - which is to be expected when your as much as a bad ass as he is.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/5fingazofdeath/carlsonseminar012.jpg

I was tempted to slip a choke on him, but something in my head told me that it would be a bad idea.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/5fingazofdeath/carlsonseminar017.jpg

YEAH BABY IM COOL!!!!!

J-Lau
11/01/2005 6:33pm,
You train with John Clarke?

5FingazofDeath
11/01/2005 7:28pm,
Yeah. Big John and Dominic are our 2 top competetors.

J-Lau
11/02/2005 1:07pm,
Tell them I said they need work on their takedowns, and that finding new ways to pull guard doesn't count.

They went to the NAGC last week, and my buddy Chris was there. We were joking and I was giving Dom about pulling guard, and he was saying he had takedowns, and I said my buddy Chris would take him down before Dom could take him down. Chris has been training with us for a few years... is a bitch to takedown, and is like 5'8", 200 pounds. We call him the honey bear. Dom thought I was out of my mind, so we get 10 bucks early in the day. As we are cleaning up after the tournament... they start screwing around and Chris takes Dom down with an outside trip, and I collect my money.

Next time I see them, I will get more money out of them.

5FingazofDeath
11/02/2005 9:19pm,
Say what you want about their takedowns. They go out there and win regularly.

Vulgar
11/03/2005 12:27am,
Tell them I said they need work on their takedowns, and that finding new ways to pull guard doesn't count.

They went to the NAGC last week, and my buddy Chris was there. We were joking and I was giving Dom about pulling guard, and he was saying he had takedowns, and I said my buddy Chris would take him down before Dom could take him down. Chris has been training with us for a few years... is a bitch to takedown, and is like 5'8", 200 pounds. We call him the honey bear. Dom thought I was out of my mind, so we get 10 bucks early in the day. As we are cleaning up after the tournament... they start screwing around and Chris takes Dom down with an outside trip, and I collect my money.

Next time I see them, I will get more money out of them.

Did you see Charlie Bishop compete? He's from my gym (Kirik's) and got 3rd in the No-Gi heavyweight expert division.

Also, whenever someone mentions a calf crusher or whatever comes up, Kirik mentions your most recent loss. Also, A.D.D. talks about you every so often.

As far as takedowns go... they may not be widely important for grappling competitions where being in Guard is not a bad place to be, but in MMA/NHB competitions, if you have no takedowns, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.

J-Lau
11/03/2005 9:08am,
Say what you want about their takedowns. They go out there and win regularly.

I know... I just like giving them **** about pulling guard

J-Lau
11/03/2005 9:09am,
Did you see Charlie Bishop compete? He's from my gym (Kirik's) and got 3rd in the No-Gi heavyweight expert division.

Also, whenever someone mentions a calf crusher or whatever comes up, Kirik mentions your most recent loss. Also, A.D.D. talks about you every so often.

As far as takedowns go... they may not be widely important for grappling competitions where being in Guard is not a bad place to be, but in MMA/NHB competitions, if you have no takedowns, you're gonna have a lot of trouble.

Yea... I never under estimate calf slicers now

Ronin
11/03/2005 9:14am,
Yea... I never under estimate calf slicers now

Calf slicers ?