PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spiderman

Pages : [1] 2

Japuma630
10/11/2005 12:01pm,
Has anyone bought this game yet? I just got it yesterday for the X-Box and i'm not sure of my opinion on it yet. The travling around the city is great ... I'm having a blast just web slinging my way around. Some of the graphics however seem to be a little choppy in spots. The way you engage enemies is ok but the camara sometimes get stuck behind a tree or something... Also i'm hoping the bosses don't follow the same pattern that Rhino did as the first boss... The mega-man syndrom ... dodge, wait for the opening , jump on his back, jump off ... rinse and repeat...

I'm jsut not sure abpout this game yet. Anyone else have an opinion?

Poop Loops
10/11/2005 12:11pm,
I want to get this game for my brother for his birthday. It looks kinda cool... But the last 4 or 5 games I've bought were total ****, so I want to make sure.

PL

PirateJon
10/11/2005 1:08pm,
I heard it was fun but parts get a bit boring after a while and the gameplay can be repetitive. It was ranked "must rent" or something.

Stick
10/11/2005 1:19pm,
I enjoyed it while it lasted; the story mode was amazing, but also amazingly short.

Made me cry into my tights.

Letum
10/11/2005 2:41pm,
I don't think its out here in the UK yet, though I do plan on getting it.

I rarely play games though, but this one seems cool. At the moment I'm actually still working my way through X-Men Legends.

King Sleepless
10/11/2005 5:29pm,
Yeah it is really really fun. I love playing it but it's sooooo ungodly short. They needed to make it much longer.

I seriously beat it in about 3 hours. But the little side things are actually pretty fun and thought out.

I wouldn't buy it Poop-loops for your brother, go get him X-men Legends II. It's more fun and a lot more involving.

Letum
10/11/2005 5:32pm,
Yeah it is really really fun. I love playing it but it's sooooo ungodly short. They needed to make it much longer.

I seriously beat it in about 3 hours. But the little side things are actually pretty fun and thought out.

I wouldn't buy it Poop-loops for your brother, go get him X-men Legends II. It's more fun and a lot more involving.

Is X Legends 2 out over there? I thought it was to be released along with the 360?

King Sleepless
10/11/2005 5:37pm,
You brits and your insanity.

Go read up on IGN.com

EDIT:

By the by, have you brits heard of braces yet? Because we have those now. Great for teeth.

Letum
10/11/2005 5:52pm,
You brits and your insanity.

Go read up on IGN.com

EDIT:

By the by, have you brits heard of braces yet? Because we have those now. Great for teeth.

Braces? Why would we want...br...aces...for? Teeth only last for a few years anyway, most of us are manly enough to lose them by 10 years old.

I'll take a look at my local Game or EB tomorrow then.

roly
10/11/2005 6:12pm,
3 hours?? is this an exaggeration, because that seems crazy short

King Sleepless
10/11/2005 7:40pm,
3 hours?? is this an exaggeration, because that seems crazy short

Nope. It can probably be done faster if you're a better game player than me... but I doubt it.

I can safely say that I > * when it comes to videogames and bullshido.

roly
10/11/2005 8:02pm,
this thread just saved me from deciding whether to buy or rent

3 hours of gaming... i'm wondering how they get away with that

Poop Loops
10/11/2005 8:48pm,
Maybe you just didn't do all the side quests and junk? Morrowind can be beat in like 2 hours if you go straight through the story. But if you want to do even 50% of the stuff in the game, it'll take you a good 30+ hours.

Would I have to have played X-Men Legends to get XML 2? Or are the story lines totally seperate?

PL

Transcendent Sunchips
10/11/2005 9:57pm,
From what I've heard, they dumbed down the combat and the web slinging from SM2. Can anybody comment?

Stick
10/11/2005 10:05pm,
Yeah, I was dissappointed, I sold me copy of SM2 to pay for USM.... while the style of USM is great and all, love the story missions- what little of them there are-, and they added a few things to the swing and combat system..... well they took away a lot more than they put in.

Honestly, when it comes to jsut swinging around the city for shits and giggles..... dude I want my copy of SM2 back.

Letum
10/11/2005 10:36pm,
Maybe you just didn't do all the side quests and junk? Morrowind can be beat in like 2 hours if you go straight through the story. But if you want to do even 50% of the stuff in the game, it'll take you a good 30+ hours.

Would I have to have played X-Men Legends to get XML 2? Or are the story lines totally seperate?

PL

Totally seperate, but XML is a thoroughly entertaining game if alittle short. Now its time for me to go for my morning run, see you tools later.