PDA

View Full Version : Good 'ol fashioned Kungfu nutridin'

Pages : [1] 2

Virus
10/05/2005 8:13am,
(disclaimer: there probably are good kungfu schools and practitioners out there but they don't post on forums under the name qui chu ji)

http://www.shenwu.com/discus/messages/250/1517.html?1080035752

Do most people on this forum actually think UFC is a really fight. Just because there is a little blood it has as many rules as most conventional MA comps. Do people actually think Ken shamrock or any other MMA guy would hold his own in a fight with a dopped up psycho with a broken bottle. He would be checking into the casualty ward if he fought like he does in the cage. It is the same as guys who do a little door work and think that just because they and four or five other hevyweights can throw a 60 pound drunk out of a club that they know how it is on the street. Reality fighting they better hope they are never in a real fight because they will end up maimed or dead.

Ok, it's true that the broken bottle will give you an advantage. It's a rather mundane point and I don't know why anti MMA people keep bringing it up as though sport fighters are blissfully unaware that a guy with a weapon has the odds stacked in his favour, and it might not be a good idea to rush in for that single leg. That's why if you have any brains you go for a weapon instantly, if there are none avalible it comes down to ability.

This reply is hilarious:

qui chu ji,

You are absolutely right. Ken Shanrock couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag for real.

Maybe someday he'll wake up to the realities of real martial arts training, and you can teach him to stand in funny postures and do forms.

and this one:

I often wonder where people like qui chu ji (who most often have never practiced any form of combat sport, have never competed in MMA, have never sparred with any competent combat sports athletes and usually have little or no real fighting experience) get their ideas from.

For some reason, they like to believe that super fit, highly skilled, extremely athletic combat athletes that condition and spar hours a day for years on end with equally talented and trained fighters are somehow no match for some untrained, out of shape neurotic nutjob that gets high.

Does the combination of mental instability and illegal drug ingestion somehow produce super fighters?

If I had to go into a bar full of badass streetfighters intent on kicking my ass, I'd certainly rather have Ken Shamrock watching my back than a mental patient that dropped acid.

odorblocker
10/05/2005 8:26am,
You made my day. lol

Liffguard
10/05/2005 8:33am,
I'd like to say I'm shocked that people are still stupid enough to use these arguments. Unfortunately, human stupidity stopped shocking me long ago.

Mr.Mundane
10/05/2005 8:54am,
It's a rather mundane point and ...

...huh?

Kistrael
10/05/2005 9:04am,
I like this one:

I do not do sports combat that is true. I prefer to get my athletic ability from the gym. As Kenneth pointed out any form of practice has its limitations. I do some full contact stuff with mitts on etc. I also do stuff that is more controled where I could be striking points and areas that would be imposible to make work with mitts on. If you only train to make your stuff work in semi contact comps your techniques may be fast and fluid but you can not generate power if you train only for full contact you will train with the emphisis on Ko your opponent. You might miss obvious flaws like attacking your opponents groin or you might leave yourself open because you would not need to cover it in a full contact match as the other guy would be disqualified. As for your theory I saw. A guy high on somthing in a club and he literaly bench pressed four bouncers who were siting on him to subdue him

Wait a second, this **** is ancient.

Kistrael
10/05/2005 9:06am,
/slaps Virus

You got me all worked up over something from 2004!

MrAndrewV
10/05/2005 4:05pm,
On behalf of people who do real kung fu I would like to apologise for all the McFu assholes of the world. I'd like to, but I can't, cause there are just too many of them.

Its a sad sad fact that McDojos need to instil their students with a feeling or superiority to other styles or else they would realise their triaining sucks. The result is that the ones who are the most clueless are often the most vocal.
This is why the 'McDojokas' are always going on about the effectiveness of pressure points, 'illegal' strikes or anything else that isn't allowed in the ring because they know they suck on the ground and they know it's their only hope.

You know what happened at my Kung Fu school once the effectivness of BJJ was demonstrated in the UFC?

We started encorporating ground fighting in our sparring.

What most of these idiots don't get is that the long history of kung fu is only a good thing if you take it to mean that the art has constantly evolved and CONTINUES to evolve.

sigh

You guys don't know how depressing it is to study a martial art where the crap schools outnumber the real schools :-/

Anyway

Gezere
10/05/2005 4:34pm,
I can't beleive the went to Tim's board to post that crap.

Tim Cartmell who holds a BB in BJJ and has a book on gaurdpasses published.

Many they are DUMB.

I know it from 2002 but i would love to know about this SanShou tournament. First he said it was in Ft Lauderdal then said West Palm. I'm thinking it didn't happen like he said it did.

Gezere
10/05/2005 4:39pm,
You guys don't know how depressing it is to study a martial art where the crap schools outnumber the real schools :-/

Anyway

There are several TKD BB here too, including me. So we do understand. Plus I am a CMA as well.

SifuAbel
10/05/2005 5:14pm,
ummmmmmmmmmmmm, why is this KUNG FU nutriding? All I read was some shmuck saying UFC is dumb.

xingyifa
10/05/2005 5:27pm,
Well obviously if some guy who claims to practice something of chinese origin says something fucktarded on th3 intarweb, it reflects on all kung fu practitioners everywhere....duh!

SifuAbel
10/05/2005 6:18pm,
But Why?!?!?! MMA nutriding kid fucktards say stupid **** all the time and we don't diminish it.

Gumby
10/05/2005 8:16pm,
In response to Tim's post:

"For some reason, they like to believe that super fit, highly skilled, extremely athletic combat athletes that condition and spar hours a day for years on end with equally talented and trained fighters are somehow no match for some untrained, out of shape neurotic nutjob that gets high."

I personally think the reason that so many TMA'er think that way is because they have to if they want to believe in the training they're recieving. All the martial arts movies and heros they see involve some short skinny guy tearing **** up against some muscle bound brutes.

The whole concept of technique over strength has given them the impression that being big and strong is a bad thing and that all martial artists should be this 5'2 ninja. Part of the reason I also believe has to do with most karate nutriders being a geeky little troll who plays card games and has no muscle mass- they dont like the idea that they have to (physically) work hard if they want to learn how to fight

SifuAbel
10/05/2005 9:34pm,
Thats way too general.

TehDeadlyDimMak
10/05/2005 9:42pm,
Yeah I hate kung fu guys... wait... no...

Virus
10/05/2005 10:06pm,
On behalf of people who do real kung fu I would like to apologise for all the McFu assholes of the world. I'd like to, but I can't, cause there are just too many of them.

Its a sad sad fact that McDojos need to instil their students with a feeling or superiority to other styles or else they would realise their triaining sucks. The result is that the ones who are the most clueless are often the most vocal.
This is why the 'McDojokas' are always going on about the effectiveness of pressure points, 'illegal' strikes or anything else that isn't allowed in the ring because they know they suck on the ground and they know it's their only hope.

You know what happened at my Kung Fu school once the effectivness of BJJ was demonstrated in the UFC?

We started encorporating ground fighting in our sparring.

What most of these idiots don't get is that the long history of kung fu is only a good thing if you take it to mean that the art has constantly evolved and CONTINUES to evolve.

sigh

Anyway

Sup Andrew. As a Bujinkan studnet I feel your pain, but you know what? You don't have to, and shouldn't have to apologise for people that do your art that happen to nutride, be delusional and live in a fantasy world. You stand or fail on your own. You are responsible for what you make of your art and it's techniques, what you keep and what you throw away, what you add to it and what you take away. If some guy that does kungfu wants to get soft and flabby, become a couch potato and stick to easy drills that don't stress him physically and mentally, then deride other arts then that's his problem and you don't have to be sorry for him. He doesn't deserve your apology.

I've often come close to apologising for weak-ass bujinkan dojos, but then I think **** 'em, they are responsible for what they do, not me. Let them come here and answer for themselves.