PDA

View Full Version : Marvel:Rise of Imperfects

Pages : [1] 2 3

Castel
10/05/2005 12:16am,
http://www.gpstore.co.nz/images/products/1472500.jpg

Anyone seen this game?
It should be out soon, It seems to be intresting.
The whole storyline is about A bunch of mutated villians taking over and Marvel Characters fight them.

I played the demo a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was some rpg but its a 1 on 1 game. Pretty fun.
You can run around the whole stage and pick up/throw opponents to inanimate objects.

Thinking about getting it when it comes out.

Poop Loops
10/05/2005 12:17am,
Rent it. I doubt it'll be a good game. =/

We've had enough super hero vs super hero fighters (X-men...)

PL

Castel
10/05/2005 12:27am,
Yeah..Renting it seems more reasonable :\
Whats intresting about this one is they have playable characters that have never been in these kind of games.
Like The Thing, Human Torch, Dare Devil, Elektra, etc.

Poop Loops
10/05/2005 12:33am,
Who CARES? Those are all GIMMICKS!! They throw the same **** together, add new models with a few new button-mashing combos and take $50 away from you.

PL

Torakaka
10/05/2005 12:37am,
fighting games (save for gems like Power Stone and the first Soul Caliber (the second one was ****)) are never worth buying when you can rent them.

sidran
10/05/2005 12:37am,
From what I've seen it looks like a pretty cool 3D fighter with a Super Smash Bros.-like control style. They also supposedly tried to model the comic book characters' characteristics accurate to the actual comic. It looks interesting, though some of the "imperfects" look really lame. Johnny Ohm? They couldv'e just used Electro or something, or at least named him Johnny Watts or something cooler. But other than that, it looks worth a try to me.

Cassius
10/05/2005 12:55am,
Gamespot.com feels it is highly mediocre. And they are usually right.

Poop Loops
10/05/2005 12:56am,
fighting games (save for gems like Power Stone and the first Soul Caliber (the second one was ****)) are never worth buying when you can rent them.

BLASPHEMY!!

SC II was the ****, not ****.

Also, I remember renting Quake 3 for PS2 like 10+ times. It would have been cheaper to just buy it.

PL

Stick
10/05/2005 1:10am,
SCII is the manifestation of god in video game form. In Japan, that game saw more use than just about anything in the entire fucking dorm, it was on morning to night and all times in between.

SCII is THE fighting game, period.

Oh, and marvel nemesis is god aweful.

Cassius
10/05/2005 1:36am,
SCII is the manifestation of god in video game form. In Japan, that game saw more use than just about anything in the entire fucking dorm, it was on morning to night and all times in between.

SCII is THE fighting game, period.

Oh, and marvel nemesis is god aweful.Soul Calibur II was the ****. I bought it and played it for probably 50 hours. None of my friends ever really got into it, so most of that is time spent playing against the computer. IT WAS THAT GOOD.

Torakaka
10/05/2005 1:46am,
you guys are all idiots. The game was crap. My biggest problem with the game is probably how the art of the character design went completely to ****. The gameplay was sloppier and the different characters were retarded. Also Nightmare's voice wasn't badass anymore, wtf was up with that bullshit?

Torakaka
10/05/2005 1:46am,
oh yeah, and all the "special" characters for each console was probably the most retarded fucking idea ever

Greese
10/05/2005 1:58am,
Soulblade was better than either of them.

Thaiboxerken
10/05/2005 2:12am,
Marvel: Rise of Imperfects is entertaining, but a renter. It's not a fighting game, it's a brawler.

Xmen Legends 2 is more entertaining and has longer game play value.

King Sleepless
10/05/2005 2:50am,
Super Smash Brothers: Melee > SCII

Pikachu by Thunder.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
10/05/2005 3:34am,
What makes 3D fighting games better than 2D?