PDA

View Full Version : Who do u think is the best opponent for fedor?

Pages : [1] 2

aronafan
10/04/2005 11:06pm,
I was just sitting here thinking who would be the best opponent to fight fedor. I thought crocop was and still is. But who do u guyz think? from all the heavyweights, pride, ufc anywhere.

Cassius
10/05/2005 12:04am,
I was just sitting here thinking who would be the best opponent to fight fedor. I thought crocop was and still is. But who do u guyz think? from all the heavyweights, pride, ufc anywhere.I think we'd all love to see Fedor and Andre Arlovski go at it. Shogun if his massive rise to fame in Pride doesn't burn up on re-entry. Kharinitov is looking pretty bad ass these days. Other than that, I don't really follow the heavyweights enough to have a good bead on most of the up-and-comers.

Knightmare
10/05/2005 1:05am,
No one.

xero
10/05/2005 1:54am,
I dont think Arvloski has what it takes to beat Fedor. Fedor is too skilled, cool, and focused when he fights. Arvloski, while uber intense and a power hitter, probably would lack the over all package to take fedor. I mean just look at the range of people fedor has fought and dominated.

Cassius
10/05/2005 9:57am,
I dont think Arvloski has what it takes to beat Fedor. Fedor is too skilled, cool, and focused when he fights. Arvloski, while uber intense and a power hitter, probably would lack the over all package to take fedor. I mean just look at the range of people fedor has fought and dominated.I don't know, I was just thinking that Arlovski would stand a chance. Right now Fedor seems pretty unbeatable. I have this feeling about Kharitonov (which I just noticed that I misspelled previously), though . . .

Phrost
10/05/2005 10:27am,
You know you're a badass when someone like Nogueira is the gatekeeper for your title. I can't think of a heavyweight in the world now that could give Fedor a good run, but there are several I'd love to see try.

Yrkoon9
10/05/2005 10:41am,
Arlovski.

Fedor still has the edge on him, but I think at this point he is the only one that will really present a challenge. And with guys who are that big, 1 good punch is all it will take. Personally I think Arlovski's striking is slightly better than Fedor, but Fedor's all around game is better.

Shillelagh
10/05/2005 11:00am,
I dont think Arvloski has what it takes to beat Fedor. Fedor is too skilled, cool, and focused when he fights. Arvloski, while uber intense and a power hitter, probably would lack the over all package to take fedor. I mean just look at the range of people fedor has fought and dominated.

Arlovski probably DOESN'T have what it takes to beat Fedor. But who does?* The important thing is to keep giving him new opposition, so the fans don't get bored. Andrei would be pretty cool to watch, so would Karitonov. It's pretty clear that Nogueira is well out of the running. After Cro-Cop finishes with his next comeback tour(hopefully he'll avenge his loss against Nog and fight Sergei), he deserves a rematch.

*Fedor has shown two possible weaknesses, as far as I know. The first was his chin, when he got wobbled by Fujita, a fairly one-dimensional fighter. I think eating those punches from Cro-Cop proves that his chin may not be such a reliable weakness. The second is the almighty shot. Coleman and Randleman both took him down and put him in some interesting positions, before ultimately being subbed. I think if someone with a great takedown and extensive submission skill- not to make Fedor tap, but to defend- might stand the best chance of beating the champ. Strangely, I think Ricco Rodriguez fit the bill better than anyone else. Just a thought.

Fighting Cephalopod
10/05/2005 11:50am,
I don't think Arlovski has the ground skills or the chin to take Fedor.

I agree with Shillelagh that the best chance at beating Fedor will come from a submission-oriented fighter with superior takedowns. Unfortunately, I don't think that fighter currently exists at heavyweight. Possible candidates are Barnett, Rodriguez, and Werdum, but Barnett has been mostly inactive and Rodriguez has been on a downhill slide, making it unlikely they could put it together against Fedor, and Werdum is likely still too inexperienced. If any of these three fighters put together a very high quality training camp and really put in hard time (with some tune up matches beforehand) focusing on their wrestling, I think they would stand a good chance of finishing Fedor from a top position.

_Mick_
10/05/2005 1:55pm,
i would like to think arlovski would stand a chance. but i haven't seen anything that indicates arlovski could beat fedor.
the best fighter arlovski has beat is tim sylvia. sylvia doesn't compare to people like nog or crocop. until arlovski beats an elite fighter, i don't think he can be considered at fedor's level.

right now, mirko and nog are the only real contenders.

xero
10/05/2005 4:04pm,
I think Yrkoon summed it up best.

Cassius
10/05/2005 4:17pm,
It's really hard to find a weakness against a guy that (as far as I know) has never been KOed or subbed. I haven't seen all his matches, but I can't recall even one where he was CLOSE to getting subbed. I love the guy, but I hate to be a nutrider, too. I want to see some new competition come in, not just the same ol Fedor/CroCop/Nog love triangle.

Honor
10/05/2005 8:06pm,
I want to see him fight his own brother Alex. Alex probably won't win, but he's one of the few guys who can possibly knock out Fedor.

aronafan
10/05/2005 8:36pm,
if arlovski doesn't have a chance against nog. he def. doesn't have a chance against fedor. Not saying it wouldn't be a good fight tho. Right now there just isn't anyone good enough i dont guess. Kharitonov is lookin good right now tho, he could give fedor a run for his money. I also think they should give more title shots like they do in ufc.

Vulgar
10/05/2005 10:05pm,
Maybe Genki Sudo could so something weird and submit Fedor. But yeah, right now Fedor is too hot.

Meager
10/05/2005 11:21pm,
I'd like to see Josh Barnett fight him. He's fighting Cro Cop again at the end of the month so if he wins I imagine he'll got a shot at Fedor.