PDA

View Full Version : Bullshidoka vs. untrained fighter.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

zlock
9/30/2005 11:11pm,
Size, strenth, mind set and all other relevant factors being equel, do you think that a bullshidoka with two years of McDojo experience would have a better or worse chance of prevailing in a street fight than an untrained fighter?

I would think that the bullshidoka would have less of a chance due to the tendency of bullshidoka to attempt inappropriate or just plain silly techniques that end up making matters worse. I once saw a guy out of a TKD McDojo get in a street fight. He tried a high kick, slipped on gravel, fell on his ass and never regained control of the confrontation. He would have been better off standing there and swinging like an untrained fighter.

I strangle
9/30/2005 11:12pm,
hapkido has mcdojos too asswipe

Poop Loops
9/30/2005 11:13pm,
**** off strangler?

PL

zlock
9/30/2005 11:18pm,
hapkido has mcdojos too asswipe

I'm not saying that McDojoism is confined to TKD, just asking a question.

Poop Loops
9/30/2005 11:23pm,
Generally, you'll find that people who do shitty MA or do MA in a shitty fashion are conditioned to hit like a pansie. Come time to fight, they will still hit like a pansie, whereas the other guy will follow his instincts and go apeshit crazy.

PL

Yrkoon9
10/01/2005 12:30am,
Too many variables to make these kind of predictions. And FYI Godzilla will whip Kong's ass.

Poop Loops
10/01/2005 12:33am,
True, but you can't compare your local TKD McDojo product with Gojirra.

PL

Torakaka
10/01/2005 12:39am,
in my experience, bullshido tends to make people shittier fighters than they would otherwise be. For instance, a lot of the guys that come to my gym that have taken karate would be better off throwing loopy haymakers than the terrible point sparring method of fighting they've become accustomed to.

FighterJones
10/01/2005 12:54am,
She is t3h correct.
it causes even more bad habits period.

Anna Kovacs
10/01/2005 1:43am,
6 years of karate made me suck more at fighting then I did with no training, at least then I would have relied on my biting scratching hair pulling wild flailing natural style that I used to use when I was a little kid instead of trying techniques that work only in point sparring

I aint punchy!?
10/01/2005 2:56am,
I spose the thing is, if someone finds movement in their MA feels artificial and unnatural, then either what they've learnt is crap, or they're not good enough at it to do it properly -- that might be fixable with more training, or perhaps its just too unlikely a thing to pull off in a fight.

Virus
10/01/2005 5:39am,
It depends on if the bullshidoka is going to actually use it rather than flail around and schoolboy wrestle. Part of the thing about innecfective martial arts, like the wing chun sparring footage posted a while ago, is that all the pretty forms go out the window when the pressure is on and you revert to your instincts.

There is some **** that you see that makes you just shake your head and hope the poor guy doesn't try and use in a real fight.

NorthWest
10/01/2005 7:18am,
6 years of karate made me suck more at fighting then I did with no training, at least then I would have relied on my biting scratching hair pulling wild flailing natural style that I used to use when I was a little kid instead of trying techniques that work only in point sparring
You think so?
I did karate for 8 or so years before I started Muay Thai, and felt as if it gave me a decent base to start from.
I had some stupid habits that need ironing out, but thats what training is all about, isn't it?

Bullwhip
10/01/2005 7:56am,
Are we talking about the bulshidoka with a common sense or one with out a common sense?

hapkido_keith
10/01/2005 9:17am,
Too many variables to make these kind of predictions.
What he said

warnerj5000
10/01/2005 1:40pm,
not exactly a streetfight, but I went to a local MMA event recently.
I don't know what style this one guy was using, but he kept trying for these wild-ass crazy spinning kicks and punches. After his opponent saw one or two of them, the next time the guy spun completely around to try to throw a punch he got punched in the back of the head.
There's no way an untrained fighter would try that stuff... only a bullshidoka.

Bullshido loses again!