PDA

View Full Version : Gossip mag bullshido.

Cakemaster
9/28/2005 1:20pm,
I seem to be finding a fair bit of stuff lately. Stumbled across this in one of my friends' gossip mags: something foul is afoot! (http://hiryuu.mspencer.net/Bullshit.jpg) This mobile's coming in handier all the time. A 6 year old blackbelt, hmm? Riiiiight. :icon_roll

Snapp
9/28/2005 1:27pm,
Just reading the first two sentences makes me want to puke.

TheEdge883
9/28/2005 1:32pm,
As if being a 6 year old black belt isn't bad enough, he just had to get that belt after only a year of training.......

goddammit, I hate bullshit!

daGorilla
9/28/2005 1:34pm,
As if being a 6 year old black belt isn't bad enough, he just had to get that belt after only a year of training.......

goddammit, I hate bullshit!

Thank you Tae Kwon Do McDojos....

(sigh)

-daGorilla

relytjj
9/28/2005 1:36pm,
It's ironic that the her intention in putting him into TKD was to prevent him getting bullied and that it will probably have the opposite effect once he gets into middle school and the children get a little harsher.

My mom has my little brother(10) and sister(8) in shorin-ryu karate and like the woman who submitted this piece, she actually believes that my siblings are learning how to fight. In discussing with her the in-effectiveness of the particular training methods that my sibilings karate schools use she actually told me she thought that the teenage black belts there could defeat me in a fight. She buys into the whole culture far too much for my comfort level so as often as I can I make comments towards the ridiculousness of shorin-ryu's effectiveness. She has my sibilings practice kata every night!

In my moms case and probably the article submitters case, I imagine that an ignorance about martial arts and fighting and emotions concerning your childrens involvement override any logical reasoning one would make towards actually analysing whether or not what your child is doing is actually going to accomplish the goal of preventing him from being bullied.

At least the TKD will accomplish one of her goals, getting the kid to come out of his 'shell'.

Cakemaster
9/28/2005 1:39pm,
And he'll probably get beaten back into it. It's tragic.

Darkpaladin
9/28/2005 1:48pm,
man at the rate he's going, that kid will be a 10th degree BB with his own mcdojo by the time he's 12! Talk about a career minded youngster.

TehDeadlyDimMak
9/28/2005 2:04pm,
They should take off the gloves and box and bet on the children. My money is on the 8 year old.

TehDeadlyDimMak
9/28/2005 2:04pm,
Oh wait I forgot TKD Mcdojo blackbelts can''t use their hands.

Stick
9/28/2005 2:07pm,
That is simultaneously adorable and appauling.

roly
9/28/2005 5:12pm,
i couldnt read it all

i tried but i couldnt

FighterJones
9/28/2005 5:20pm,
Me neither.

Riblet
9/28/2005 5:31pm,
And he's only been doing it for 1 year. I do taekwondo and this type of bullshit is exactly what keeps me from finding a decent place to train at. ri-goddamn-diculous

OZZ
9/28/2005 6:46pm,
Children with black belts - this is an absolute disgrace and an insult to the old-timers who worked their asses of in MA.

BackFistMonkey
9/28/2005 7:58pm,
And he's only been doing it for 1 year. I do taekwondo and this type of bullshit is exactly what keeps me from finding a decent place to train at. ri-goddamn-diculous
maybe .... it might just be TKD though ....