PDA

View Full Version : mixed martial arts tournament

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thax And His Ax
9/19/2005 1:21pm,
well first off my teacher is traning us for this mixed martial arts tournament , the following will be there. TKD also traditional styles, BJJ, judo, muay thai and karate >.< Ok i have a few problems with this if your in any of these type styles what do u wear free sparring? because im in tkd and we wear chest and back protectors, shin an foot, forearm , and headgear . Now i know some Karate do not wear chest protectors :f-off: , now tell me how thats gonna work lol some one is probably gonna die >.<.

Fantasy Warrior
9/19/2005 1:29pm,
Are you taking the piss?

Odacon
9/19/2005 1:47pm,
I sincerely hope he is

GarageJudokaSS
9/19/2005 1:56pm,
well first off my teacher is traning us for this mixed martial arts tournament , the following will be there. TKD also traditional styles, BJJ, judo, muay thai and karate >.< Ok i have a few problems with this if your in any of these type styles what do u wear free sparring? because im in tkd and we wear chest and back protectors, shin an foot, forearm , and headgear . Now i know some Karate do not wear chest protectors :f-off: , now tell me how thats gonna work lol some one is probably gonna die >.<.

*blinks*

*blinks again*

Are you fuckin' kidding me?

In case you're remotely serious, at MY school, we wear nothing for grappling (and I mean NOTHING... ... ... except a gi, or board shorts and a T), and when striking is involved, we wear mouth pieces, cups, and 6oz gloves at a minimum, shin guards and head gear with 12oz for straight stand up.

I would go with the bare minimum for a tournament like this, and choke you with your stupid chest pad.

You've been around since February, it's far too late in the game to start pointless trolling now.

King Sleepless
9/19/2005 2:00pm,
I do TKD and during our MMA matches with lots of safety in mind, I wear shinpads (the kind that you wear sort of like a sock) 6-12oz gloves, mouthpiece and headgear. That's it. The only thing I ever take off is the shinpads and the headgear.

EternalRage
9/19/2005 3:18pm,
Hogus are for sissy skip kicking. Leave your foamcore maxipads at home and take a few hits.

Scrapper
9/19/2005 3:55pm,

I don't want to appear rude, but if everything you say here is true, you are going to get killed.

Go to a judo club. Now.

Why are you still here?

feedback
9/19/2005 4:20pm,
How can you diss chest gear but promote head gear? Helmets are for fags and look stupid.

TehDeadlyDimMak
9/19/2005 4:45pm,
I like fighting bareknuckle with relations. It's good because you know they won't sue if someone's injured. In case the main poster thinks this is dangerous...Kyokushin does it all the time yet I don't see anyone dying...

Teryan
9/19/2005 4:47pm,

Post vids.

Odacon
9/19/2005 5:42pm,
Those of used to heavy sparring probably don't mind not being able to move the next morning, but some people just don't like being kicked and punched around. Crazy I know but true.

TacoFu
9/19/2005 5:45pm,
[QUOTE=GarageJudokaSS

In case you're remotely serious, at MY school, we wear nothing for grappling

[/QUOTE]

Now if only it was coed and had hot chicks in oil, this would be an optimal training
location. I would never leave :thumbsup:

Cakemaster
9/19/2005 5:54pm,
I like fighting bareknuckle with relations. It's good because you know they won't sue if someone's injured. In case the main poster thinks this is dangerous...Kyokushin does it all the time yet I don't see anyone dying...

Is he really ready for rough and tumble though? It's potentially dangerous stuff, no matter how you look at it.

Poop Loops
9/19/2005 5:57pm,
Nothing except a cup and mouthguard for grappling, all that plus gloves and shin pads for striking. We will be getting some head gear in so we can go harder, longer, but for now no headgear.

PL

Kistrael
9/19/2005 6:13pm,
I humbly request videos of the pure pwnage that you will be subjected to.

Xeo
9/20/2005 4:29am,
I think it's rather obvious what you should be wearing to this event...

http://www.csbsju.edu/csbcampusrec/RAD/radphoto2.jpg

http://www.csbsju.edu/csbcampusrec/RAD/radphoto2.jpg