PDA

View Full Version : Lovely

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

The Wastrel
3/31/2003 9:08pm,
Local anti-war activists are calling an organization collecting blood donated specifically for soldiers in the war and complaining that they are prolonging the war.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Deadpan Scientist
3/31/2003 9:28pm,
idiots...

The Wastrel
3/31/2003 9:36pm,
Actually, not specifically for soldiers in the war, but for military medical supplies. Which means that any Iraqi civilians being treated would also be using the same supply.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Deadpan Scientist
3/31/2003 9:43pm,
These people don't listen to themselves...

Vargas
4/01/2003 12:09am,
Doesn't surprise me even a little bit. You should hear some of the stories coming from the guys that live close to the University of New Mexico. A couple of personnel from Kirtland AFB have had their cars keyed, most likely from having DOD stickers on the windshield. I would give anything to catch some jackass 'peace' activist keying my truck. I'd give them some 'peace' all right, a piece of my foot all the way up their ass.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

The Wastrel
4/01/2003 12:12am,
That's pathetic. "The logic of peace" Hey I've been thinking of why I (and you too I suppose) am in such a strange position on this war, and I've concluded that it's because I am absolutely persuaded that liberal values are worth fighting and dying for. Imagine that.

Vargas
4/01/2003 12:32am,
Yeah, I've been turning things over in my head quite a bit lately. Some of the excessive cheerleading and jingoism turns me off, but I'm still pretty satisfied with the way things have gone for the Brits and U.S. forces in theater. I think it will take several years for Iraq to even begin to be a 'normal' country, but I think it's possible, though not guaranteed by a long shot.

I still think the North Korea 'problem' is going to be a lot harder to handle, especially for an administration that is so inept at Diplomacy 101. I bet guys like Kissinger and Baker are tearing their hair out, watching the Bush team shoot themselves in the foot every time they try something on the diplomatic front. I can't say that I really dislike either conservatives or liberals in any kind of general way. Incompetent people, however, bug the living **** out of me. Bush, and maybe Rumsfeld, are pretty much falling under the 'Incompetent' column these days. Friggin' amatuer night at the White House.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

The Wastrel
4/01/2003 12:43am,
Seriously, their idea of diplomacy is to say something really inflammatory in order to...what? We're weird Vargas, I can't agree with anyone. One minute I'm chewing out some peace protestor, the next I'm laughing at the pro-war ladeda. What do we do? Where do we go?

Deadpan Scientist
4/01/2003 2:26am,
Taken from another board, but still funny.

With all of this talk of war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists" who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001. These activists may be alone or in a gathering, most of us don't know how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike up a conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in the nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very angry and they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings about more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell them if they are really committed to a non-violent approach to undeserved attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot realizes how stupid an argument he/she is making.

There is no difference in an individual attacking an unsuspecting victim or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is unacceptable and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost. We owe our military a huge debt for what they are about to do for us and our children. We must support them and our leaders at times like these. We have no choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting hit in the nose. I hope you have a wonderful day!

JKDChick
4/01/2003 2:28am,
I want to do that.
Am I a bad person?

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

SLJ
4/01/2003 2:50am,
Exactly right, you can't reason with someone who's only goal in life is to punch you.

----------------------------------------------------------
Space may be the final frontier,
But it's made in a Hollywood basement.

JKDChick
4/01/2003 2:59am,
I mean I want to punch "peace activists". It would be funny. And around here they're all weedy wimps or eat monster women, so, you know, easy prey.

I just want to know if desiring to punch them repeatedly makes me a bad person?

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

IndoChinese
4/01/2003 3:38am,
LOL, vargas

brandeissansoo, that's fucking funny as hell. and true. touche.(hey, isnt that a french word?!)

my mommy always said "people treat you the way that you let them!"

**** me once, shame on you.
**** me twice,shame on me.

SLJ
4/01/2003 7:42am,
**** you three times, you have sore bottom.

----------------------------------------------------------
Space may be the final frontier,
But it's made in a Hollywood basement.

IndoChinese
4/01/2003 8:04am,
knew something like that was coming.

patfromlogan
4/01/2003 9:52am,
Hey Wastrel, is that for real about the blood thing? Tell me how to contact them and I'll reason with them, if that is possible.

Meanwhile, I'm a fucking pacifist peace loving type guy against the stupid policies of asshole Bush, egomaniac fool Rumsfart, and as MY sign at the rally said, "Where’s Osama?"

I see it from the other side as idiot teenagers and sloped headed room temperature IQ boobs yell "**** you, cowards! Saddam Lover! I love America! Nuke 'em!" and imply that we are somehow not fucking patriotic for expressing our views. Jeebus! (as my spiritual guide Homer the Simpson would say) I keep waiting for some moron redneck to get out of his car and start swinging. Most of the demonstrators would faint; I'd break his fucking knees. Well, really, I'd follow the bushido code and do as little damage as possible, maybe, if I wasn't pissed.

We did have a Friday after work vigil on Main St., but after some of the people at the demo started yelling at cars and using agressive body language it fell apart. A few crazies, angry out of control dopes, made it so the rest stopped coming. Oh well, people are idiots.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama