PDA

View Full Version : Could the be more FMA Bullshido???

Blue Collar
9/11/2005 11:30am,
Could the be more FMA Bullshido? The reason I ask is that he is somehow linked with Ping-Pong Goon-O Rodger Marsh.

http://www.kuntaw.org/amka/inst_buzz.asp

The questions I about this guy have are these:

1. Since when does Pekiiti Tirsia have a belt system? (claims a 1st degree black belt in PTK)

2. WTF is Shin shin Nogare Jitsu?

3. Does "Extensive training in Muay Thai Kick boxing, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Pentjak Silat, Kali, and Street Survival Tactics" mean he's a seminar monkey?

4. Does "Established the first Filipino Martial arts Credit course in the U.S. 1982" mean that he taught FMA for college credit? If so, how does one become a college professor with an Associates Dgree? His bio states: "Civilian Training: A.S. Degree Marketing/Management".

kuntawguro
9/11/2005 5:14pm,
Could the be more FMA Bullshido???
Could the be more FMA Bullshido? The reason I ask is that he is somehow linked with Ping-Pong Goon-O Rodger Marsh.

Hi, I am Brian Smith- the person to whom you refer as linked. The only linkage that I have with Guro Marsh is that I was an instructor at one of his FMA seminars- " Brothers of The Blade"
http://www.kuntaw.org/amka/inst_buzz.asp

The questions I about this guy have are these:

1. Since when does Pekiiti Tirsia have a belt system? (claims a 1st degree black belt in PTK)

The web page from where you got your information was my college resume page. This page was posted by Northwestern Michigan College- they took my info and set up the page- they took instructor status as black belt rank. Erwin Ballarta or Tom Biso of PTK can verify my standing with GM Leo Gaje. I was authorized to teach PTK in 1980- But, if you will notice, the only arts that I teach are- Buno, Kuntaw , and Bugtongan. All are within the same subsystem.

2. WTF is Shin shin Nogare Jitsu?
The Midori Yama Budo Kai organization out of Alabama certified me to teach in orlando at the Pine Street Academy- Shin Shin Jitsu is a recognized form of Ju Jitsu under the American Judo assn. See-
http://www.usyudo.org/bio/wilson/
The person who tested me and authorized me as an instructor was Sensei Dennis Downes

3. Does "Extensive training in Muay Thai Kick boxing, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun, Pentjak Silat, Kali, and Street Survival Tactics" mean he's a seminar monkey?
the information that you show came from my college resume page- when they asked me for listings of school, training, seminars, and classes I have attended I handed them 6 pages of stuff- so I guess extensive would be a good word to use instead of listing 56 different seminars and schools. And, Yes I have been a seminar junkie since 1976 and I have learned many new ideas from them. But, I have never taken a seminar and then taught any of the information as my own. I take seminars to remain fresh.

4. Does "Established the first Filipino Martial arts Credit course in the U.S. 1982" mean that he taught FMA for college credit? If so, how does one become a college professor with an Associates Dgree? His bio states: "Civilian Training: A.S. Degree Marketing/Management".
When I was approached by Andy Johnson, head of the NMC Tae Kwon Do department he asked for a resume to turn in to make Kuntaw a course at NMC. Before they allowed it to be a credit course they did a collegiate search for similar courses- they found no arnis, kali, FMA courses in the catalogs or in the registry- We petitioned the college and they set a precedent and ran the course without a reference course.

http://www.nmc.edu/physicaleducation/physical-education/ - check Kuntaw
http://www.nmc.edu/welcome/e-mail.html use this to contact Pete La Course head of Physical education department- he can verify that I have been a credit course instructor since 1982 and that I do teach /have taught members of the criminal justice programs since the start of my tenure.

Also on my resume they asked for academic accomplishments or degrees that I had earned- I had taken marketing and management courses and graduated with 2 AS degrees- that was not a requirement to teach a credit course- my background was.

I would be glad to clear up any questions you may have about me- provided you accept the sources of my information- IE Guro Dan Inosanto, Guro Rene Latosa, GM Bong Jornales, GM Sam Tendencia- I would hate to give referrals and find out you don't recognize them.
Salamat Po
Guro Brian "Buzz" Smith

Last edited by Blue Collar : Today at 10:40 AM.

marcdscott
9/11/2005 7:05pm,
Goro Brian ,

Does Sam Tendencia Still live in the states, or is he back in the PI?

kuntawguro
9/11/2005 7:27pm,
He is still in the states- he has alzhiemers bad and thinks he is in the PI.
Email me and I can give you his e mail- his grandson is caring for him
Brian Smith

( for those of you who don't know Guro Sam, he is a teacher of Guro Dan's he is a hilot practitioner- a form of Filipino pressure point and massage therapy)

Scrapper
9/11/2005 9:04pm,
This is a perfect example of Bullshido asking questions, and getting a legitimate response from the questionee!

Thank you, Mr. Smith for your informative and explicit post and answers! Some of our newer members can come off a little abrasive when checking on styles and teachers, but please stick around and offer what you can. I myself am tragically uninformned on Filipino MA and appreciate having legitamte sources online to help sift through all the info.

Welcome aboard!

kuntawguro
9/11/2005 9:08pm,
Salamat PO ( thank you very much) Scrapper- I appreciate the job some people have taken upon themselves to find the Frauds and the guys who would abuse people in the name of legitimate martial arts. "Only darkness is afraid of the light"

Any questions you may have of me I will gladly answer.

I would expect the same in return.

Guro Brian Smith

Blue Collar
9/12/2005 6:31am,
Salamat PO ( thank you very much) Scrapper- I appreciate the job some people have taken upon themselves to find the Frauds and the guys who would abuse people in the name of legitimate martial arts. "Only darkness is afraid of the light"

Any questions you may have of me I will gladly answer.

I would expect the same in return.

Guro Brian Smith

Thanks for your prompt and straight forward response, Mr. Smith. I am pleased and honored that you "rogered" up to set the record straight. :icon_thum

Blue Collar
9/12/2005 6:44am,
He is still in the states- he has alzhiemers bad and thinks he is in the PI.
Email me and I can give you his e mail- his grandson is caring for him
Brian Smith

( for those of you who don't know Guro Sam, he is a teacher of Guro Dan's he is a hilot practitioner- a form of Filipino pressure point and massage therapy)

That's terrible news. It must be hard for his family to watch the mind of such a bright man decay like that. I am truly saddened.

Blue Collar
9/15/2005 1:51pm,
Question for Mr. Brian "Buzz" Smith:

Mr. Smith, why does Rodger Marsh throw your name (among others) around as if knowing you somehow makes him less of a bullshitter? Give his demeanor and his evasiveness, I would say he's so full of of **** that he's festering. Does his story seem even the slightest but fishy to you?

silatm
9/15/2005 5:54pm,
I should let Buzz answer for himself but IMO it's a matter of the little man sitting on the shoulders of a better man. For the record, yes I've met Buzz and Marsh in "real" life, and the one of the two with the better head on his shoulders (Buzz) probably has figured out who I am. I can speak from experience Blue that Buzz has years of experience training and teaching and even though he is getting up there he still an impressive man at times. OK that’s enough of that, Marsh while I have seen him personally "suit-up" I've never seen him do anything, it could be because at the time he was going to "teach" his stuff he realized he was in the presence of his betters so he backed down who knows. It is sad though that Rodger feels the need to pull good men (Bill, Buzz, Kevin) down to try to back his own claims.

Blue Collar
9/15/2005 11:52pm,
I'm not questioning Mr. Smith's skills or background. My question is simply why let this baffoon ride on his good name?

Given Marsh's lack of credibility, it's no surprise that he has hooked up with Anthony Davis.

guromarsh
9/16/2005 10:00am,
I should let Buzz answer for himself but IMO it's a matter of the little man sitting on the shoulders of a better man. For the record, yes I've met Buzz and Marsh in "real" life, and the one of the two with the better head on his shoulders (Buzz) probably has figured out who I am. I can speak from experience Blue that Buzz has years of experience training and teaching and even though he is getting up there he still an impressive man at times. OK that’s enough of that, Marsh while I have seen him personally "suit-up" I've never seen him do anything, it could be because at the time he was going to "teach" his stuff he realized he was in the presence of his betters so he backed down who knows. It is sad though that Rodger feels the need to pull good men (Bill, Buzz, Kevin) down to try to back his own claims.

for one you should realy watch what you say. for two i find it funny how certain threads were removed from the threads about me and buzz and you did meet me in person mike as well as the others and if you noticed me and kevin spent more time off to ourself's and there was a reason for that.as can be clearly seen by these actions of your's here and now.and also there is a reason why you never seen anything you were to busy saleing yourself hard to learn or see anything when you chose to put the light on yourself as you do now. its great that you think buzz is great as do i.but now it is obvious as it was in florida humility is not in you're forte hence a relutance of certain individuals to share any real knowledge in that house.instead we went off on our own.and as far as pulling good men down mister i did nothing of the sort except posted pic's on my site of us all and this crack pot saw the pic and decided to bash buzz which i then defended and those posts have been conviently removed from the threads so you sir need to one watch what you say and learn some humilty.and i dont need to stand on the shoulders wtf is that ****.it was stated by me in the threads pertaining to me that me and buzz have no assoc. other than doing a seminar fact.also if the numbers of said seminar woulda been like they should have you would have witnessed but alas and now here you.make it look like i was in the company of gods and got scared pfttt nice try at promoteing unfortunatly you have just shown you're true colors and what you are all about. i assure you this i wasnt invited to california because of anything to do with buzz or anyone else for that matter.fma is a small community you need to keep this in mind.the onlything you have acheived here is helping to sever ties between two people that actuely had no problems with eachother. now with that mike i invite you to come here if you want to see what i teach ill show you as long as you can step outside of you're self for a min.

now i will state again for the record as you say we buzz smith and kuntaw and angeles eskrima and i have no conections what so ever except a friendship that is covertly being torn by one of his students who should not be speaking in the first place.reminds me of what happened to tatang .

if this tends to piss ya off....oh well...truth hurts
this is my final and last post to this forum and this ignorance

buzz have a good one
mike...email me if you chose to come i'll make arangements for you.

silatm
9/16/2005 10:54am,
OK Rodger, frankly your opinions of me matter so little that it is non-existent. As far as you’re great experiences with Kevin goes, well that’s a joke and you know it as his thoughts have voiced to many about the subject. The only time I saw you spending with him working out was when you were doing the “brown bottle curl”. At the "official" seminar I did get some good stuff from some people namely Dan and Kevin, and for that I am thankful I was addressing the comments that you were making while moping about, "well I don't know what I can show you guys then" and no that’s not exactly as you said it but the basic idea id there. You were more apt to try to get myself or Buzz away from Dan then do anything else.
As far as martial ability I was commenting on how you sulked more then anything else. I came to Florida as a guest of Buzz, as a representative of my art I walked away with a couple friends, and something’s that I lent from Kevin, Dan etc. I saw you pose for pictures drink and complain... Oh you also spent much time commenting that you didn't have the "body type" to pull off some of the stuff that I was ASKED OVER AND OVER to show people, by one of your students if I remember correctly or have you completely disowned Dan because he saw through your garbage?

Have fun in your little world Rodger but leave my friends out of your discussions. People like Buzz, of whom I am a little more then just one of his students, don't need your attitude.

M.

Blue Collar
9/16/2005 12:49pm,
i then defended and those posts have been conviently removed from the threads so you sir need to one watch what you say and learn some humilty.and i dont need to stand on the shoulders wtf is that ****.

I'm not aware of any missing posts. Could it e that you can't read your own foolish blather?