PDA

View Full Version : A lesson on not fxxking around

patfromlogan
9/08/2005 10:02am,
A lesson on not fucking around with martial arts and crazy people.

(OK, it's not on the level of Omegaisms... I admit, but it's all I have this morning).

I was outside the local "shade grown organic fair traded" coffee shop and a fellow that is borderline schizo whom I had worked out with in a class and sparred a little in the past came up and started some kind of ma interaction. The "what would you do if I did this?" type of bullshit. I got him in a wrist lock that my daughter had taught me, where if someone lets you hold his hand you twist outward and upward so the palm is facing out and the thumb is down and the pinky is up. All you have to do is bow and they drop to their knees; very painful. Except "Glue Sniffer Eric," as he is known (he doesn't though) tried to punch my soft pretty face. Repeatedly. I kept telling him that there was no way out, stop fucking around, to no avail, and kept putting on more pressure. He kept trying to hit me with his free hand so I kept putting on the move and backed up so he fell to his knees and then forward, with the lock still applied. He then, thankfully, gave up.

For weeks people gave me a hard time for fighing downtown outside the cafe. And he showed up with his arm wrapped and in a sling the next time I saw him. He said he'd cracked it skateboarding.

Right, Eric, skateboarding.

Chupacabra
9/08/2005 10:53am,
Good form.

That situation right there is why I quit telling anyone I studied MAs or really even me talking about fighting period with people. It totally pisses me off to no end when people try to "test" your skills.

You should have told him "this is real life mother fucker, not fudel Japan. What would you do if I peeled you face off on the concrete" Thet would have gotten his attention.

But seriously though, Good form! I can't say I would have beenas patient as you.

Poop Loops
9/08/2005 11:18am,
You applied a wristlock while skateboarding? WiCkEd AwEsOmE.

PL

Kengou
9/08/2005 2:35pm,
I agree with the fearsome Chupacabra, it sucks telling people you do martial arts. I also always get that "could you beat me up? what would you do if I did this? are you, like, a ninja or something?" and other such things. Good job though, that ought to shut him (and others) up.

Ronin
9/08/2005 3:00pm,
Next time you see him, hit him in the face with a skateboard.

chaosexmachina
9/09/2005 12:22am,
It totally pisses me off to no end when people try to "test" your skills.

Really? I can't get anybody to try. lol

They are all scared of me. J/k...

patfromlogan
9/09/2005 8:55am,
Next time you see him, hit him in the face with a skateboard.
That's the problem, he has the skateboard!

Good job though, that ought to shut him (and others) up.

He is a bit off, and when he comes up with anything now I know better, I hide behind someone and say, "Watch out, he's dangerous." And make a joke out of it. Everyone who knows him knows he's a little nuts. I caught **** for "fighting," I guess a lot of the coffee adicts don't need the stimulation of bodies hitting the cement. A worse reputation is not what I want!

loki09789
9/09/2005 10:41am,
I agree with the fearsome Chupacabra, it sucks telling people you do martial arts. I also always get that "could you beat me up? what would you do if I did this? are you, like, a ninja or something?" and other such things. Good job though, that ought to shut him (and others) up.

I usually don't mention it now. It comes up when I say stuff like "I am busy xyz night" and then someone asks why.

I say 'self defense' instead of 'martial arts' because it seems to reduce the "can you kill people' stupidity out there. Normally, if it still happens, I give the irritating, non commital answer of "it depends on the situation..." responses and do NOT show techniques or moves unless someone is being really stupid and taking swipes at me - then I just back away and let them think that they 'got me'....

It is scary how a simple situation like the one by the coffee shop can become months/years in legal fees because an idiot can't control his/her curiosity (meaning the idiot w/ the skate board).

Quikfeet509
9/09/2005 11:02am,
...local "shade grown organic fair traded" coffee shop...

Ah, the smell of hippies in the morning...

[sips fair trade shade grown 12oz single shot americano with light ice and no room for whip]

dramaboy
9/09/2005 11:11am,
Saying "self defence" is worse that saying "martial arts".
I stick to "gym".

Showing off with moves outside of your gym is 1) silly, 2) dangerous, 3) childish and 4) unproductive.
Showing off with moves in a coffee shop is 5) bizzare.

Tomas

I usually don't mention it now. It comes up when I say stuff like "I am busy xyz night" and then someone asks why.

I say 'self defense' instead of 'martial arts' because it seems to reduce the "can you kill people' stupidity out there. Normally, if it still happens, I give the irritating, non commital answer of "it depends on the situation..." responses and do NOT show techniques or moves unless someone is being really stupid and taking swipes at me - then I just back away and let them think that they 'got me'....

It is scary how a simple situation like the one by the coffee shop can become months/years in legal fees because an idiot can't control his/her curiosity (meaning the idiot w/ the skate board).

Beatdown Richie
9/09/2005 1:00pm,
That's the problem, he has the skateboard!
Knock him down, take his skateboard, THEN beat him with it. Just makes the whole scenario much more satisfying :-)

Phrost
9/09/2005 1:15pm,
Ah, the smell of hippies in the morning...

[sips fair trade shade grown 12oz single shot americano with light ice and no room for whip]

I prefer my coffee grown by exploited workers in near-slavery conditions. Mmmm... you can taste a hint of their salty tears in each cup.

Maestro Nobones
9/09/2005 1:28pm,
I prefer my coffee grown by exploited workers in near-slavery conditions. Mmmm... you can taste a hint of their salty tears in each cup.

:laughing6

Zendetta
9/09/2005 2:18pm,

mmmm... exploitation.... mmmmm.

Quikfeet509
9/09/2005 4:39pm,

That makes me a sad panda...count my tears among those of the exploited women and children that slave in hellish conditions to grow your coffee.

Do they even have fair trade shade grown organic coffee in KC? If not, I guess when I move there I will finally have to break down and switch to vodka for that AM jolt.

AikidoDeadlines
9/09/2005 6:02pm,
Next time when someone challenges you, just turtle immediately. It's the best defense.