PDA

View Full Version : Get ur tits out if u want to be rescued

Pages : [1] 2

DANINJA
9/06/2005 8:48am,
did any of this stuff happen when the tsunami hit asia?

RESCUERS: 'LIFT YOUR TOPS'

A group of female hurricane survivors were told to show their breasts if they wanted to be rescued, a British holidaymaker has revealed.

Ged Scott watched as American rescuers turned their boat around and sped off when the the women refused.

The account was just another example of the horror stories emerging from the hurricane disaster zone.

Mr Scott, 36, of Liverpool, was with his wife and seven-year-old daughter in the Ramada Hotel when the flood waters started rising.

"At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo.

"When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

At one point he had to wade through filthy water to barricade the hotel doors against looters.

He said the experience made him want to vomit.

Mr Scott also slated the rescue operation, saying police were more interested in taking snapshots of the devastation rather than rescuing the victims.

"I could not have a lower opinion of the authorities, from the police officers on the street right up to George Bush," he said.

I couldn't describe how bad the authorities were. Just little things like taking photographs of us, as we are standing on the roof waving for help, for their own little snapshot albums"

He added: "The American people saved us. I wish I could say the same for the American authorities."

Mike Brocken, of Chester, said he feared his wife Christine and 18-year-old daughter Stephanie would be raped when they went into the Louisiana Superdome.

The family were also racially abused by other refugees in the stadium.

Mr Brocken, a BBC Radio Merseyside presenter and music lecturer, told the station: "We were going to go inside the Superdome.

"I approached two members of the National Guard and they said to stay outside because they knew it was hell in there.

"One female office basically said under no circumstances take the women in there, because she knew what it was like.

"We were so frightened and we stayed alongside the National Guard for some kind of protection.

"It was at that stage that they started to take us under their wing and eventually managed to get us into the basketball stadium."

He added: "Everyone talks about the National Guard in rather derogatory ways historically, but I've got to say that, but for them, and one man in particular, I may well have lost my family."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13431086,00.html

CanucKyokushin
9/06/2005 9:12am,
According to the news.The NO police departement has been taken off of active duty due to 'exhaustion' and cases of suicide.

The_Mirth
9/06/2005 9:14am,
did any of this stuff happen when the tsunami hit asia?
If it did, they'll be hearing from our lawyers. Ridiculous asshole behavior is copyright of the US of A.

edit: just let me add that I'm sure there are plenty of NO officers who would like shoot any officer that did this. They had a pretty tough time trying to stay on duty those three/four days, just what percantage were assholes I don't know.

CannibalCrowley
9/06/2005 9:17am,
I thought showing the goods was the normal greeting in New Orleans.

Ted Deadly
9/06/2005 9:26am,
"Get ur tits out..."
That's good advice in any situation.

CanucKyokushin
9/06/2005 10:31am,
I think Osiris has brought-up an important point.Who is ultimately responsible for the large loss of life.The army corps of engineers.Every presidential administration since Nixon.The present Govenor of Lousianna and Mayor New Orleans or any of the number of org's responsible for hurricane watch and evacuations.

I would have to say it's the all the admistrations.Engineers and scientist have know since the 60's and 70's that all it would take is one large hurricane to damage or destroy the levees.So finale we can blame prez. Nixon,Ford,Carter,Reagan,Bush senior & junior and Clinton for this disaster.

Moleculo
9/06/2005 10:40am,
Is the "Rescuees Gone Wild" video out yet?

Phrost
9/06/2005 10:40am,
This clusterfuck is 100% the fault of Louisiana's government. They were repeatedly warned of what would happen to the levees if a hurricane of this size hit. They had the money budgeted for their repair, and failed to spend it on doing so.

Pointing fingers at the Federal government, especially when people are divided as to whether they support the President, is simply a tactic to shift blame. The La. National Guard isn't restricted by Posse Comitatus, but the U.S. Military is.

MrMcFu
9/06/2005 10:45am,
I bet you this was x 10 worse in asia, but either -

1. Noone talked about it.

2. They talked about it, but it was so much like everyday life noone listened.

much love
9/06/2005 11:14am,
This clusterfuck is 100% the fault of Louisiana's government. They were repeatedly warned of what would happen to the levees if a hurricane of this size hit. They had the money budgeted for their repair, and failed to spend it on doing so.

Pointing fingers at the Federal government, especially when people are divided as to whether they support the President, is simply a tactic to shift blame. The La. National Guard isn't restricted by Posse Comitatus, but the U.S. Military is.

Phrost,

Do you know this as fact or is it speculation. I ask because if this were to happen here in Texas, it would unequivicly rest on the federal govs shoulders. The LCRA (lower colorado river authority) is responsible for everything to do with the river and it is a federal (not a state) agency.

And McFu, of course disaster is more impactful when it hits close to home. That said, the generosity of the American people during the aftermath of the tsunami was unequalled.

Respect,
d

CanucKyokushin
9/06/2005 11:25am,

. National Guard isn't restricted by Posse Comitatus, but the U.S. Military is.Phrost when you say its the fault of the Louisiana's goverment.Do you mean every goverment administration since the 70's or just the present governor?

Because I was under the impression that Only the US corps of Engineers is responsible for the levees.

Phrost
9/06/2005 11:30am,
Pretty much as fact, I just don't have the actual sources anymore or the time to dig them back up. The levee situation in NO is well known, FEMA (I believe) actually did a survey on them a few months before the hurricane hit and informed NO of the disaster that would happen because they hadn't taken the appropriate measures.

Texas, however, has had their **** together for a long time. You have to be familiar with both states to know the differences in their repsective governments. Louisiana is really poorly run in just about every aspect.

A lot of people have lost sight of how our government is intended to work. The word "State" doesn't mean "Large collection of Counties", it was intended to be its own independently functioning political entity, just beholden to the federal constitution. The lines have blurred in many places (as in your example), but there are specific reasons why States are primarily responsible for their own welfare.

And as far as Posse Comitatus goes, it's even more clear that the LA government failed to deploy existing National Guard forces immediately. The U.S. Military has no business policing anything within the borders of this country, and for damn good reasons.

Scrapper
9/06/2005 11:37am,
I can't help but ask:

What would Dan Webre do?

much love
9/06/2005 11:43am,
I'll bet Phil Elmore would whip some looter ass!

Phrost
9/06/2005 12:44pm,
Only if it involved forcing him to do so at gunpoint in a gimp suit.

Ronin
9/06/2005 1:20pm,
As with all things, without video or pics, it never happened.