PDA

View Full Version : Did Tank at least look competetive?

Pages : [1] 2

El-Wood
9/04/2005 6:13am,
Could only convince the wife to let me watch the last fight so I didn't get to see him - was he at least competetive? I know it went 7 minutes so hopefully he put on enough of a show that he'll get more work from Pride.

noodles
9/04/2005 6:37am,
Short answer: no.

I don't know what Tank's been spending the last 10 years doing (other than drinking beer -- not that there's anything wrong with that), but he hasn't spent any of it getting better at working from his opponent's guard. Or developing cardio.

El-Wood
9/04/2005 6:47am,
Damned, I used to enjoy watching him fight - not that he was that technically good a fighter but he was just entertaining to watch. He was a big strong guy who just liked to fight.

At some point he lost his heart though - the last 2-3 times I have seen him fight you could just tell his heart wasn' t in it - the only time I saw him look like he actually wanted to fight was against Cabbage and even then I'm not entirely convinced.

_Mick_
9/04/2005 10:41am,
http://rapidshare.de/files/4485707/Yoshida_VS_Abott.wmv.html

here is the fight. watch for yourself

Little_Evil
9/04/2005 5:53pm,
He NEEDS to lose the damn beer gut and work on his ground game if he hopes to still hang with todays competition. Even then he may have to be content to fight in the smaller shows.

Knightmare
9/04/2005 5:56pm,
He NEEDS to lose the damn beer gut and work on his ground game if he hopes to still hang with todays competition. Even then he may have to be content to fight in the smaller shows.

Thank you for repeating what has already been said and thank you for pointing out the blantantly obvious.

Little_Evil
9/04/2005 7:15pm,
Thank you for repeating what has already been said and thank you for pointing out the blantantly obvious.

Thank you for pointing out my character flaws.

Blitzkrieg
9/04/2005 9:52pm,
Let the guy say what he wants to say captain stick in his ass

Knightmare
9/04/2005 9:59pm,
Well hes not contributing anything that hasnt been said 40 times before on this website.

Renn
9/04/2005 10:27pm,
Well hes not contributing anything that hasnt been said 40 times before on this website.
Awww... be nice Knightmare. I can imagine i've seen something along these lines being posted 40 times or more on this website and we still feel that it contributes.....

"Knightmare is the/a(n) _______ (fill in the blank)" :icon_wink

Okay i promise next time i post about you it will be something nice. Don't want it to look like i'm part of the Knightmare hate club.

Knightmare
9/04/2005 10:29pm,
I mean, damn, maybe its from Subfighter and The UG and Sherdog, but every noobie to the sport says "TANK WOULD BE AWESOME IF HE WORKED GROUND" "TANK NEEDS TO GET CARDIO TO SURVIVE"

Go download the interview Sherdog had with him. He just enjoys fighting, he doesnt want to be the best or train to be the best.

Renn
9/04/2005 10:37pm,
I mean, damn, maybe its from Subfighter and The UG and Sherdog, but every noobie to the sport says "TANK WOULD BE AWESOME IF HE WORKED GROUND" "TANK NEEDS TO GET CARDIO TO SURVIVE"

Go download the interview Sherdog had with him. He just enjoys fighting, he doesnt want to be the best or train to be the best.
I agree with you here and your avatar is beautiful in a non-gay way. Okay... phew... got the nice comment out of the way.

Me personally, i never really was a Tank fan.

Knightmare
9/04/2005 10:39pm,
You love Kenny Rogers.

I love Natalie Portman.

We make a cute couple.

Renn
9/04/2005 10:53pm,
You love Kenny Rogers.

I love Natalie Portman.

We make a cute couple.
hahahahaha... too funny. What were we blathering about again?

noodles
9/05/2005 8:58am,
El-Wood -- I hadn't seen Tank fight for years and years, no idea what happened in the Cabbage fight (never even seen Cabbage fight), but you're right, Tank doesn't have it anymore. "It" being something like pain tolerance plus sheer viciousness. I only saw the Yoshida fight once, but it looked to me like Tank didn't have to tap.

The sad part is that after Tank's fish-hooking extravaganza with Taktarov, I don't think I've ever seen him really want to win after a couple of minutes of exertion. He doesn't want to win enough to train for a high level, he's not showing the guts in the ring needed for a high level win, so I can't imagine he'll get many more fights at a high level. Pride built him up so a Yoshida win would buy a local some more time at the top of the rankings. But after the loss, Tank doesn't even have much freakshow value left.

noodles
9/05/2005 10:03am,

I don't understand. You think that this attitude somehow makes him more competitive? Or cancels out what people have said about him?