PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu SCIENCE

Xeo
9/01/2005 9:00am,
http://www.kungfuscience.org/site.asp

VERY questionable site... when you open the site, and enter, a video should start playing after a brief loading time. Whilst the guy's skill seems a little better than static, horse-stance, hip-chambered fist, etc... the girl that he was teaching, was obviously being taught how to get raped... for a promotional video, this is just painful. I even thought it was a joke at some point...

Anyone heard of this guy? Know anything about him? Possibly read about a tragic GBH case against one of his students?

TehDeadlyDimMak
9/01/2005 9:05am,
Looks like a very hip place. Note hip places usually suck IMO but I'm gonna reserve judgment until someone checks it out.

TehDeadlyDimMak
9/01/2005 9:06am,
Actually it just looks bad IMO. There I judged it.

Xeo
9/01/2005 9:06am,
Whoa that was fast...

If it's any help to anyone here, the accents sound quite English, possibly somewhere in london...

odorblocker
9/01/2005 9:11am,
the girl is cute. Looks like a bf/ gf team, trying to do something.
A guy is jumproping in jeans, what does that tell you?
Also his skill look like begginers.
but who knows, everything is possible.

Andrew WA
9/01/2005 9:30am,
abrocrombie and fitch goes KUNG FU!!!!

He is so cool!! And that girl was really really bad, but she is a begginer so its okay. I just think its off the guy has a watch on and not even in any athletic clothes and his hair is all done up with gel or whatever they use.

Shadowdh
9/01/2005 9:41am,
He is the guy who did mind body and kick ass moves... its a tv series for BBC3 here in the UK... its not a bad series but not really good either... shes pretty cute as has been said but pretty crap at the punching and moving too... hmmm institute of physics... thought it looked familiar... I used to work not far from where it is... there is an office in London and a couple of others around the world too... the guys accent is slightly northern I think...

Gezere
9/01/2005 10:17am,
Thanks SH, I was thinking the same thing. I knew I recognized him from somewhere. I couldn't stomach the series so didn't watch it.

Shadowdh
9/01/2005 11:25am,
No probs Asia... I got through the first two episodes... just cant seem to get back to it for some reason...

TheEdge883
9/01/2005 1:08pm,
Quoting from the Success page:

"Chris: When Michelle said she wanted to break a wooden board, I must admit I was a bit concerned for her safety. Fortunately she's a good student, and I'm confident that she's got the necessary technique to do it. Also I'm glad that the board she's breaking has the grain of the wood running parallel to its short side, as this makes it easier to break."

Is there really technique in breaking a board with the grain? Now have her break against the grain, that's a break I would be impressed with. Also, screw the spacers between the boards. I would have been a lot more impressed if this guy took this girl and taught her to break 3 boards, with no spacers, and have her break the boards against the grain. That would have made the video a bit more interesting.

Bullwhip
9/01/2005 2:20pm,
What is that girl?
Oriental?

xingyifa
9/01/2005 3:29pm,
The I've seen more advanced "science" in the average high school physics textbook. I guess everybody's gotta have a hook though...