PDA

View Full Version : WOW has gone too far ....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JKDChick
8/26/2005 6:15pm,
Okay, so it breaks up marriages, turns a generation of children into fat-assed fantasists and causes people to kill each other over rare items ....

But now it's starting to inspire direct marketing. This MUST be stopped.

http://www.netbunk.com/warcraft.htm

Lights Out
8/26/2005 6:16pm,
Hey, if people are willing to pay...

JKDChick
8/26/2005 6:25pm,
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Bard of DorAr
8/26/2005 6:41pm,
I am now scared...

I thought the Ebay thing was retarted on it's own, but heck, I made some cash when I got bored of Diablo 2 and Sold it all, but this is rediculous.

What happened to the good old days of RPing around a table with people you actually know and earning things the old fashioned way?

Renn
8/26/2005 6:46pm,
What happened to the good old days of RPing around a table with people you actually know and earning things the old fashioned way?
Just a reflection of real life. Nobody wants to earn things the old-fashioned way anymore.

Lights Out
8/26/2005 6:47pm,
But the free enterprise and personal responsability, blah, blah, blah, blah...

No, seriously, I was having a debate recently in another forum abotu the guy who killed another player because he pay him real money for an in-game sword.

And somebody tld me that there were professional players who make a living off of playing videogames in Korea, Warcraft and the like.

It´s no wonder people are willing to make money from everything, game guides and tactics included.

Anyway, that kinda markting is pretty old, I remmember seen similar ads in old magazines which were much like this one. Just susbtitute warcraft money for real money and you´re done.

Old and lame, I might add.

bad credit
8/26/2005 6:56pm,
My roomies and friends play all the MMORPG's. I can't stand 'em. You put your character on auto attack and sit there all night doing the same move over and over killing rodents so you can level up and then kill giant rodents. You occasionally click the mouse to run to somewhere else and go on a "quest" for bones. Cue Cartman voice, "For your quest you will bring me fried chicken!" I told my buddies that I'll play one again when they actually have an in-depth combat system like a fighting game where you have to do different moves with tactical timing. I hear the Conan MMORPG will be like that, so we'll see. I'm also a big Robert E. Howard geek, so... BTW, the Conan RPG open license d20 rules and setting rawks.

JKDChick
8/26/2005 6:58pm,
I do play Puzzle Pirates.
A) the puzzles are varied and fun
B) I get to call peopel "wenches" and say "booty" alot
C) I'm in a solid, social crew that'er fun to "hang out" with. 20 minutes or so a night, 3-4 nights a week.

JohnnyCache
8/26/2005 7:04pm,
My roomies and friends play all the MMORPG's. I can't stand 'em. You put your character on auto attack and sit there all night doing the same move over and over killing rodents so you can level up and then kill giant rodents. You occasionally click the mouse to run to somewhere else and go on a "quest" for bones. Cue Cartman voice, "For your quest you will bring me fried chicken!" I told my buddies that I'll play one again when they actually have an in-depth combat system like a fighting game where you have to do different moves with tactical timing. I hear the Conan MMORPG will be like that, so we'll see. I'm also a big Robert E. Howard geek, so... BTW, the Conan RPG open license d20 rules and setting rawks.

This is EXACTLY what I routinely say to all my friends that play these things . . . it's like the creators get so caught up in making an interesting world they forget to include a game to play in it.

Bard of DorAr
8/26/2005 7:05pm,
Eh the people who make money just playing the video games in tournies aren't that bad.

It's bizzarre, but people will be interested in the best of the best of any given activity and thus we have people who make money playing major Video Game tournies, playing Magic the Gathering Tournies, etc, etc...

It's when we get guides and such like this it becomes too silly.

Wounded Ronin
8/26/2005 7:17pm,
Yeah, I hate online RPG style gaming. It's the height of asinine-ness, since it just becomes some twisted expression of powergaming.

Darkpaladin
8/26/2005 7:23pm,
www.discordguild.org

JKDChick
8/26/2005 7:26pm,
The only thing good about WOW is how much funny it inspires in the Penny Arcade guys.

Lights Out
8/26/2005 7:32pm,
www.discordguild.org

Now this has gone too far. I refuse to live in such a world. :seppuku:

Bard of DorAr
8/26/2005 7:41pm,
That link is sad, depressing and hilarious all at once....

Zendetta
8/26/2005 7:44pm,
You know whats funny to me? The direct marketing pitch reads just like the TSR video ads.

Just substitute 'massive gold' for 'deadly skills'.