PDA

View Full Version : Hokey religions and ancient weapons

jing shen gou
3/22/2003 10:59pm,
How many people remember the scean in The old star wars where han solo asks Luke skywalker if he really believes hokey religions and ancient weapons will do him any good against a gun?
The reason I ask this is another question, which martial art do you think they were secretly making fun of? My vote would be Aikido because Obi-wan looked alot like the depiction of an old Aikido-ka or Samurai. Please, coments observations?

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade

Boyd
3/22/2003 11:19pm,
Reaching.

They don't call it the Nazi PARTY for nothing!

poet
3/23/2003 12:57am,
Why do you think they were making fun of something let alone a martial art?

"I do not agree with what you have to say but, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

The Wastrel
3/23/2003 1:33am,
I guess they were making fun of Han Solo, because the force was supposed to be real, and lightsabers kicked ass.

Note:I am not a Star Wars junkie.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Blad3
3/23/2003 5:33am,
I think he actually says (erm I'm just a "fan"... not a "junky" ;)): hocky religioun and acient weapons are no good for a good blaster or something like that - he was just implying that none of it exsists, and he doesn't believe in it. Wasn't making fun of anything.

Note:I just love the SW movies, dunno if that makes me a junky..