PDA

View Full Version : I'm so tired of this [email protected]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Omega Supreme
7/04/2005 7:24pm,
This is not the first time this has been posted, not by me but by other posters. What the **** is up with beginning BJJ nutriders out there. For the umpteenth time in my life I've got some shithead talking about how he could take anybody down and tap him out because he's been training in BJJ for 3 or so months. I don't have anything against BJJ. I like our local BJJ instructors and we all cross train together. I help them out and vice versa everybody's happy. Goddamnit people BJJ is not the end all of grappling.

This last friday this guy comes in to train with one of our MMA coaches. He's been in Thailand for the past few months and they toughened him up. Great, but he though he could match up in striking. Wrong answer as he ate punches and kicks left and right. Muay Thai is not the be all of striking.

Two years ago a local boxing coach asked if we had any big guy his golden gloves fighter could spar. Just me at my gym. So I go down and when this guy found out I wasn't that good at boxing he starts to get all Roy Jones Jr. on me and starts to box cocky. I look at his coach who told him to knock it off. Half way throught the second round when he wouldn't stop I quick jammed his jabs and elbowed his shoulders (some of you kempo and muay thai guys should know what I'm talking about). I ended up breaking the guys hand. Boxing is not the here all of hand techniques.

Jeez guys have a degree of humility if you're a beginner. Remember the 'ol saying age and treachery will always beat youth and enthusiasm.

Poofist
7/04/2005 7:35pm,
Young people are cocky little pricks.

Teach them a little something and they just get worse.

Pound them flat once or twice and they usually settle down.

Edge
7/04/2005 7:36pm,
Don't forget what Funakoshi said in Fist of Legend, "There is a saying in Japan 'The old and experienced should fear the strength of youth' ".

Just kidding, great post.

feedback
7/04/2005 7:37pm,
YOU HEARD THE MAN, POOP LOOPS.

Poop Loops
7/04/2005 7:41pm,
When have I ever been cocky about my fighting ability?

PL

SifuAbel
7/04/2005 7:56pm,
Oh well, we all have to suffer fools.

Knightmare
7/04/2005 7:59pm,
Muay Thai is not the be all of striking.

You're right. American Kickboxing is!

Kokujin
7/04/2005 8:01pm,
Being humble all the way trough your training is a really smart way to keep your front teeth, your joints in place and your limbs out of the cast! Believe me...I've seen it happen a townsand times...the young guns trying to own the crafty guys from the back of the class. I wish I had MONEY for all the times I've applied peroxyde, ice, etc on all the smart asses in my gym.LOL

masterfinger
7/04/2005 8:06pm,
Amen Omega. Too many times have I had noob nutriders want to spar, only to understand (the hard way) that it's experience and not "the style" that makes the difference. Whats funny is when say a boxer type get's cocky and I hammer him with leg kicks then a takedown, or when a sport grappler type attempts a shoot and gets an elbow to the neck or spine, then the universal excuse of "well in our school/gym/dojo thats an illegal move" comes out as a reason to why they just got their asses handed to them. ALL STYLES, have good things to offer people, and it's the individual that shows the weakneses, not the style.

Franco

JKDChick
7/04/2005 8:08pm,
3 months of ANYTHING is not the be all and end all of ANY fighting style.

KickAHippie
7/04/2005 8:19pm,
The good thing with these people is that in a few months they will reach that point in training where they have learned enough to realize that they don't know ****. Then they will realize that they were being assholes or just quit training.

Omega Supreme
7/04/2005 8:24pm,
3 months of ANYTHING is not the be all and end all of ANY fighting style.

Yeah, that too.

SifuAbel
7/04/2005 8:32pm,
This reminds me of 1997-98. When a 6 month BJJer was supposed to be able to take out a 20 year anything else.

That ended quickly.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7/04/2005 8:34pm,
This reminds me of 1997-98. When a 6 month BJJer was supposed to be able to take out a 20 year anything else.

That ended quickly.

A six month BJJ student could probably take you out.

SifuAbel
7/04/2005 8:35pm,
prove it

well?

SifuAbel
7/04/2005 8:44pm,
helloooooooooooooooooo