PDA

View Full Version : Not just a black belt by mail but a degree

Chuan
7/01/2005 6:23pm,
http://www.ijja.com/naimas.html

Now not only can you get a black belt by mail, but now you can get your Ph D as in martial arts as well.

"These degrees are designed for martial artists everywhere, who desire standard degree recognition for their years of grueling training, which corresponds to those obtainable through every other area of study known to man; to recognize and establish standards by which professional martial artists may receive formal recognition for having unselfishly devoted their lives to continuing education, personal growth, and maintaining the standard of excellence in the task of educating the next generation of students and potential instructors. " :emo:

"Degrees earned in the martial arts are designed to help advance the professional martial artist in his/her field and should not be construed as degrees intended for advancement in employment in the private sector nor applicable toward earning degree credits from academic institutions. " :BangHead:

So now a college degree you can show the parents.

lawdog
7/01/2005 6:46pm,
Cool. Now I can teach MA at the university level.

VikingPower
7/01/2005 6:50pm,
It has a link to SISC. They're probably the ones behind that page.

What a retarded idea. There are a few MAists who can legitimately call themselves doctors, but other people see that and think "Oooo, doctor of martial arts sounds cooler than grandmaster!"

Fucking nimrods.

Chuan
7/01/2005 6:53pm,
Send them money ,a picture I.D and copy of your BB cert and you get a degree. I wonder exactly what type of distance learning they are talking about ?

Wounded Ronin
7/01/2005 6:55pm,
How much you wanna bet they don't require a thesis?

xingyifa
7/01/2005 8:38pm,
If you pay ashida kim $55 for a bb certificate, you can have yourself a Phd in a few weeks with no training or work! Too bad I don't have 55 dollars to crap away....

VikingPower
7/02/2005 2:08pm,
If you pay ashida kim $55 for a bb certificate, you can have yourself a Phd in a few weeks with no training or work! Too bad I don't have 55 dollars to crap away....

If I had the money, I would so do that.

1) Buy a black belt off of Ashida Kim.
2) Use that certificate to send in and get your Associate's.

Poop Loops
7/02/2005 9:02pm,
Cool. Now I can teach MA at the university level.

What would you research?

PL

Poofist
7/02/2005 9:06pm,
Oh man.

I could be a Doctor of Ninjitsu.

Awesome.

Kistrael
7/02/2005 10:26pm,
Doctor of Vale Tudo, huh?

Gezere
7/02/2005 10:37pm,
Years back on e-budo there was a rash of dilpoma mills cranking out PHDs in MA that were being exposed. One of the owners (Hunt) came and was posting that his degrees were legit but they were for theology and Philosphy, MA was just a subpart of the cirriculm. However he clearly advertised on his site giveing out doctorates in MA. There is no accredited degree in MA at any level. Someone, can't remember who, did the leg work to prove that no one in the US recognizes a degree in MA from anyone.