PDA

View Full Version : Swedish subway violence

Pages : [1] 2

Astrosmurf
6/30/2005 4:13am,
Video of stabbing and subsequent brawling in the Stockholm subway:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv/player.html?catID=10&clipID=1503

(There is some advertising before the actual footage)

Ashura
6/30/2005 6:26am,
It really looks like violence is everywhere in Europe now. Those kind oa agressions were unthinkable 10 years ago, well may be not in Stockholm but certainly in other places.

I have spent a couple of years in Göteborg på Humanisten, and everytime I call some close friends they refer about the growing violence in Sweden (våldet har ökat).

I feel sorry because I had such a great time and Sweden is such a wonderful place. Is there any newspaper article, what happened to the passengers of the subway, did the police stop the guy?

Ha det så bra, med vänliga Hälsningar.

Astrosmurf
6/30/2005 6:29am,
Newspaper article here: (In swedish only)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,666376,00.html

Ashura
6/30/2005 6:42am,
Thanks for the link, the guys has already made himself famous. I cannot understand that a guy who has been judged 11 times is still out of jail and allowed to go wherever he wants.

I really hope he is going to stay a little bit more in jail this time.

Ronin
6/30/2005 6:49am,
Crazy ass mofu, just walks in starts slashing people, imagine what could have happened IF he knew how to use a knife !

Good work on the part of the two guys with that "anti-blade-jutsu".

Ashura
6/30/2005 7:10am,
Crazy ass mofu, just walks in starts slashing people, imagine what could have happened IF he knew how to use a knife !

Good work on the part of the two guys with that "anti-blade-jutsu".

Right, the guy did not obviously know how to use properly a blade and that’s fortunate. He succeeded in stabbing a 23 years old in the neck but luckily the guy survived the attack.

Very good job from the two brothers who managed to submit that insane guy.

Tourettes
6/30/2005 10:41am,
Swedish prison sounds more like a country club than anything else. I know a guy who got sentenced not too long ago - he's on a waiting list to begin his sentence so in the meantime, he's out travelling. I **** you not...

MrMcFu
6/30/2005 2:59pm,
The guy was drunk and on meth to boot.

JohnnyCache
6/30/2005 3:14pm,
The guy was drunk and on meth to boot.

Just like my neighbors with their souped-up saturn.

CanucKyokushin
6/30/2005 11:20pm,
Imagine.After a long day of work you have to deal with some insane guy on a subway.Holyshit man! I used to joke about some crazy guy sitting behind me and then stabbing me thru the seat.

PoleFighter
7/01/2005 6:31am,
Swedish prison sounds more like a country club than anything else. I know a guy who got sentenced not too long ago - he's on a waiting list to begin his sentence so in the meantime, he's out travelling. I **** you not...

I read an interesting story about an eastern european criminal who, when he thought he'd go to a swedish prison, confessed to his crime. When he realized that he'd be serving his time in Latvia.. all of sudden, no way was he guilty, hehe.

Welcome to sweden, softest penal system in the world, for good and ill...

fanatical
7/01/2005 6:36am,
Hehe. I think Norway is thinking about challenging you guys for that title. But I guess that's just how things have ended up in scandinavia. We've never had lots of crime and times are kind of catching up and making us pay for a soft legal system :/

daGorilla
7/01/2005 10:29am,
It really looks like violence is everywhere in Europe now. Those kind oa agressions were unthinkable 10 years ago, well may be not in Stockholm but certainly in other places.

Ha det så bra, med vänliga Hälsningar.

It's pretty fucked up.

A local woman here in the Seattle area (one of my wife's nursing school teachers) had a son in his twenties (I believe) travelling Europe. I don't remember exactly where it occurred in Eurpope, but her son was pushed onto the subway tracks by someone. (No one is really 100% sure exactly what happened... but it's suspected he was pushed.)

Anyway, he lost both of his legs. In a heartbeat he went from young tourist to critical care and a life-altering disability.

I can't hardly imagine what his mother must have been going through when she received the phone call, or what he went through during the entire ordeal.

-daGorilla

Zid
7/01/2005 1:52pm,
Every time I think about "violence" & "Europe" I think about football hooligans.

And I've noticed that in the last part of the video there wasn't any people in the background as if everyone moved away to avoid the fight. In fact one guy even walked pass them doing his best to ignore the whole thing. It's the opposite from here because whenever there's a fight everyone gathers to watch and sometimes even get involved.

sivari
7/11/2005 4:18am,
And I've noticed that in the last part of the video there wasn't any people in the background as if everyone moved away to avoid the fight. In fact one guy even walked pass them doing his best to ignore the whole thing.

That's the way people act in Finland too. Especially when it's a fight or beating of someone, people don't want to get involved or even call police. I got beaten up by five kids once, I was lying on ground covering my head, getting kicked/stomped and yelling at people who were passing by to call police, but no one did ****.

Sadly, people pay no attention to others when they've passed out or just lie somewhere. It's probably part of the "mind your own business"-culture and getting used to the drunkards everywhere.

Otaku Waffle
7/11/2005 4:45am,
That's the way people act in Finland too.

And here (in Belgium) too. I can't even blame most people...even if you get past the fear to get hurt/stabbed/etc., there's a fairly large chance you're going to get in trouble with the police and you're going to be ostracized too.
And yes, I'm speaking from personal experience.