PDA

View Full Version : Metro Atlanta action alert: MUSASHI!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wounded Ronin
6/27/2005 11:50pm,
Posted today at e-budo.com:

If you'd like to know my name, fine, it's Philip Newell. I can tell you all about myself if that would help any of you believe that I'm not him posing as a student. Oh and I'm sorry I don't know exactly what I'm talking about as far as his spinal injuries go. However there is currently only one way I can prove to you that you're all wrong, if any of you live in the Metro Atlanta area I encourage you to attend one of his classes, I'd be glad to arrange it. I am more than confident that your misconceptions of who this man is will be shattered. However, please, take a look at yourselves, none of you have any right to pass judgement on him, you've never met him you've read some stupid website that wasn't even made by him and you think you have enough information to tell whether or not he's "genuine." I don't know any of you and I have very good reason to suspect you're all the biggest jackasses who have ever sullied the world of martial arts. Give people a freaking chance to prove themselves before you write them off as crazy or deluded.

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28946&page=3&pp=15

The poster is referring to a white guy who says that his name is "Sabutai Musashi".

You can see his expertise here:

http://www.healing-wellness.com/musashi%20blind%203.jpg

Look at that beer gut. C'est beau, n'est-ce pas?

From his website:

Musashi Sabutai [Sabutai Musashi (western name format)] was born in 1959 in New Jersey. His training began in 1966, two days after his 7th birthday when he became the adopted son of Musashi Yoshiaki Soke, [Grandmaster Yoshiaki Musashi]. Before his death, Musashi Yoshiaki Soke passed the title of Soke, inheritor, of Ninkage Ryu to his son Sabutai Musashi who is today the only living authority on the Ninkage Ryu martial arts system. Grandmaster Musashi has been a Martial Arts teacher for 30 years and in July 1992 he was inducted into the United States Karate Alliance (USKA) Hall of Fame, for his accomplishments and influence within the martial arts world. Grandmaster Sabutai Musashi has instructed the New Jersey, New York, and Illinois Police departments in weapons retention, baton weapon defense, non-lethal force takedowns, controls, compliance holds, handcuffing techniques and awareness techniques. He has been a Martial arts instructor for 30 years and has instructed US Army Special Forces in hand to hand combat, knife, short stick and rope/wire techniques. Bare knuckle combat record 129-0-0 124 wins by knockout 121 knockouts consecutive. In 1992 he was inducted into the United States Karate Alliance (USKA) Hall of Fame, for his accomplishments and influence within the martial arts world.

http://www.healing-wellness.com/musashi.html

Here, clearly, is a fraudulent internet soke, and our members in Atlanta (I know we have a bunch) are probably in the position to go visit this man's school and write up a report on him!

Furthermore, there is evidence that this man is decieving his customers by misrepresenting himself.

Ok, I hope that I can help some people out here. First off I will tell you that I am a beginner martial artist and I study with Sabutai Musashi. I have had no training outside what I've learned from him, but I am intelligent enough to realize that he is without a doubt one of the most amazing martial artists in the world. I understand that his history is hard to believe, however if you met him you'd realize that it's the only logical explanation for him being so amazingly good. I've personally seen him do things that would seemingly be "impossible." I'd like to shed some light on whatever questions you may have about him or his system. I think it's unfair that you all judge him on pictures and a website. I do not believe he wrote that website and it's true that he was in a really bad car accident in 91. It paralyzed one of his legs, he also is missing the bones that connect the vertebrae L3 and L4 which are in the lower back. As a result he is unable to do aerobic excersize without bodily damage. That is the reason for his "beer gut" as some of you have so eloquently put. However, behind the layer of fat on his stomach there is a wall of muscle like a brick wall, I've felt it. And for whoever said he didn't know how to tie a "ninja hood" in referece to the picture of him that someone posted here - it's a blindfold. He sometimes teaches class blindfolded, the same blindfold has been put on me and there was no trick to it. I've seen him teach blindfolded, he'll know exactly where you're standing, who you are, how you're standing, he knows if objects are around him, he can tell whose weapon is whose by passing his hand over it. I've seen him do all of that and more. I know that he would be very angry at me if I were to threaten any of those of you who've insulted him here especially if I did so in his name, but the things that have been said here are extremely offending to me. I would follow this man to the ends of the earth and back, and not just because he's a world-class martial artist, he's one of the only people I've ever met to show true wisdom, manners, and respect to those around him. He is truly an amazing person.

Another poster put:

Wow. I got a private e-mail from someone who apparently thinks this guy is amazing. She lambasted me for being unprofessional with my comments. I guess it's professional to make comments about "cutting paper and moving people" with your energy. Sorry, me bad. I guess it is difficult to step back and look at stuff people put on their sites for what it is: If it looks like bovine feces, smells like bovine feces, and (ugh) tastes like bovine feces then it's probably bovine feces. This is about being real. Someone who could be the greatest martial artist in the world would have serious credibility issues throwing out the energy crap as being for real. James Randi would love to test this one out in a controlled setting.

And yet another person posted:

I have attended Musashi Shihan's seminar and he is amazing. I have been practicing martial arts for over 24 years and I have never met anyone even close to this person's ability. I highly suggest you check him out for yourself and not take amature opinions from people who have never even had the courage to check him out for themselves but seem to have an opinion anyway.
Check him out you will not be dissapointed.

P.S. I am constantly amazed at the level of imaturity on this site.
I would love to see some of you actually face this teacher in person, if you decide to do this please let me know I will fly where ever the meeting will be just to see you put in your proper place. Be careful who you choose to insult and make sure you can back up your mouth.
Again let me know when and where.

Some of his followers are taking him way too seriously.

This is what bullshido.net is all about. Someone in the area should definitely go and do a writeup.

Knightmare
6/27/2005 11:55pm,
I'll take one for the team and attend one of his classes.

ScotchTape
6/28/2005 12:36am,
He sometimes teaches class blindfolded, the same blindfold has been put on me and there was no trick to it. I've seen him teach blindfolded, he'll know exactly where you're standing, who you are, how you're standing, he knows if objects are around him, he can tell whose weapon is whose by passing his hand over it.

A la Bloodsport when Bolo Yeung blinded Frank Dux.

Camus
6/28/2005 12:40am,
Once again, all the fun is to be had in ATL

Tiffer
6/28/2005 12:44am,
I'm easily bored, so I threw this guy's name to the family SF pipeline to check his credential.

Funny thing: unless he was training people prior to 1962 (at the age of three, don'tcha know), it never happened. There are a few years of gap from then till now, which my grandfather was kind enough to check. Letcha know when I get the final word. Things aren't looking too good for the ninja master, given the value placed on reputation and name recognition in the community.

Perhaps I'll fire off an email asking for dates/times he trained Greenie Beenies. Sounds like good procrastination to me, I'm avoiding studying. I anticipate a response involving "Top Secret" information.

"The blue goose honks at midnight."
"Umm...honk?"

Lane
6/28/2005 1:12am,
Not to mention what "ninkage" would mean in kanji. Nin being the character for endurance, and kage being "shadow." A shadow of endurance, which is exactly how much endurance pot-belly has, I'm willing to bet.

White people with Japanese names who don't even attempt to understand the Japanese language make me laugh.

"Heh heh... I bet if I combine the words "ninjutsu" and "shinkage" everyone will think I'm a real Jap martial artist!"

JKDChick
6/28/2005 2:19am,
Nightmare do NOT challenge anyone. Just report on the class.

Hedgehogey
6/28/2005 2:32am,
Knightmare, you are not authorized to do any kind of official bullshido challenge but rather to bring a warm teddy bear and periodicaly hug it.

JohnnyCache
6/28/2005 2:56am,
Yeah you are strictly a "secret agent" on this one if you go - not the least of all because if this guy is some kind of Moons of Jupiter type, his reaction to cultbusting might not be conducted by "marquis de queensbury" rules.

Knightmare
6/28/2005 3:22am,
Well I am too lazy to get the student's email because you have to register so Wounded Ronin can you get me the email and I will contact him about setting up a class.

And no I wont challenge him.

Knightmare
6/28/2005 3:30am,
Nevermind its 4 AM and I have nothing better to do. Requested information.

Gezere
6/28/2005 6:55am,
I am so on this!!! Just to get into it I am showing up in a BJJ Gi with Hakama and Haori! :evil7:

Chupacabra
6/28/2005 7:55am,
I'll go when my foot is better if no one else has by then. It'll probably 2 or 3 more weeks though.

lawdog
6/28/2005 8:52am,
I'll take one for the team and attend one of his classes.

God help us!

Poop Loops
6/28/2005 9:28am,
Knightmare!! Don't listen to anybody! Walk into the school, yell "I CHALLENGE YOU!!!" and point to some random guy. There is no way you could lose!

PL

Sophist
6/28/2005 9:45am,
So we're sending in Knightmare (subtle like a whoopee cushion) and Asia (subtle like a tank)? There's no way they'll spot our cunning infiltration!