PDA

View Full Version : Listen to phil pollute the airwaves promoting his SHEH

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Kungfoolss
6/26/2005 12:37am,
Be forewarned, it's enough to make you slit your wrists folks.... :listen:

No doubt, Rigante will get a woody listening to this radio interview.

Bill Colley in his studio at WFBL Talk Radio 1390 AM.

Bill Colley has hosted morning discussions with Phil Elmore more than once. Not long after the release of the Shorthand Empty Hand core curriculum text, he let the book's author ramble on for roughly seventeen minutes of air time.

Right Click This Link and Choose "Save Target As"
To Save the .MP3 File (http://www.shorthandemptyhand.com/colleyappearance.mp3)

Kungfoolss
6/26/2005 12:42am,
...12-minutes into the interview and I'm starting to feel nauseous. Nothing of any real substance regarding SHEH. Just a lot of phil's "expertise" on self defense.

Kungfoolss
6/26/2005 12:49am,
15-minutes...and jack about SHEH. Trust me folks, don't try this on a empty stomach. I think I'm going to vomit....

beka
6/26/2005 12:53am,
You're right. I made it about 30 seconds before I started to twitch in a variety of places. I don't think I'll be listening to the rest. His voice will haunt me for a lifetime.

Kungfoolss
6/26/2005 12:54am,
Folks, don't forget to post your reviews for SHEH at amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1591137217/qid=1119765113/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-8563663-9100926?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Painful Delight
6/26/2005 12:56am,
Now, I've had a touch to drink...but I'm getting more of a "naseuated/laughing my ass off" reaction

Kungfoolss
6/26/2005 12:57am,
You're right. I made it about 30 seconds before I started to twitch in a variety of places. I don't think I'll be listening to the rest. His voice will haunt me for a lifetime.

I listened to ALLLL 17-minutes of it and didn't learn jack about SHEH. I'd rather have been kicked in the balls.

Kungfoolss
6/26/2005 12:59am,
Now, I've had a touch to drink...but I'm getting more of a "naseuated/laughing my ass off" reaction

Smoke a joint, it will deaden the pain.

Painful Delight
6/26/2005 1:04am,
Has Phil ever even been in a fight...like at all. Some of the things he says should be followed with a "Hehe...I'm just fucking with you"

Painful Delight
6/26/2005 1:05am,
and oh my fucking god he's bashing victims

fanatical
6/26/2005 1:20am,
Interesting... voice...

I listened for an example and an explanation of a way to defend yourself. I would have really settled for any explanation of a rational effective technique as that was the claim made. Instead I got a lecture on how "Guns don't kill people, People kill people".

Incidentally, the damage done from a toaster accident is burnt toast, while the damage done from a rifle is a dead human being. WTF was the toast example about? He said "yes you're more likely to have toast if you have a toaster, yes you're more likely to have a gun accident if you have a gun, but the gun doesn't shoot by itself and a toaster doesn't make toast by itself" So what?

shorthand EMPTY hand. Half that crap was about guns and the american legal system and how unfair it is to not be able to shoot hippies on sight. The other half was digging into the issues of using fear as a way of marketing something we don't even get an example of or any info what so ever.

I'm really glad I don't live in america. Don't get me wrong, I liked it over there, but the people would drive me nuts. I have enough crazy to cope with over here, and we're pretty placid.

Poop Loops
6/26/2005 1:24am,
For some reason, I imagined his voice would be something like this. I like how he says "we can't always be armed" when he and many of his cronies ALWAYS have at least 3 pistols up their asses.

PL

Painful Delight
6/26/2005 1:32am,
For some reason, I imagined his voice would be something like this. I like how he says "we can't always be armed" when he and many of his cronies ALWAYS have at least 3 pistols up their asses.

PL

Well, studies show the ass is the safest place to hold a gun....

Of course those studies were warped and ultimately relate to nothing other then toasters and bad reasoning.

JohnnyCache
6/26/2005 2:16am,
I actually liked the talk about Bernie Goetz, who should have just finshed all of them and kept walking.

I actually agreed with alot of the points he made about stats touted by gun-grabbers as well.

But all of it is tinged with this throbing claxxon in my head that just goes "BUT HE'S KNOWS DICK ALL ABOUT FIGHTING YET WRITES ABOUT IT."

I wonder if he's considered the effect forcing SHEH out there is having on his credibility as an author.

Olorin
6/26/2005 2:26am,
Well I listened to the whole thing and I have to say that Phil was much more reserved in his views than he is on his website. However, I do find it strange that a man who repeatedly says that he “never clams to be an expert” then writes a book on self-defense, which is an act that by its very nature implies expertise or mastery of a subject.

I have never clamed to be an expert at Judo therefore I do not write fu*king Judo books!!! Or try to teach self-defense to others, as I know that I would just get people hurt by giving them a false since of confidence without any real skill. Anyone who buys into Phil gets confidence, but no ability, which is a dangerous combination.

Blue Collar
6/26/2005 2:47am,
Well, studies show the ass is the safest place to hold a gun....

Of course those studies were warped and ultimately relate to nothing other then toasters and bad reasoning.

Phil can't even reach his ass. How the hell can he put a gun there?