PDA

View Full Version : Now I must destroy something beautiful.

Pages : [1] 2 3

relytjj
6/20/2005 9:59pm,
I feel like destroying something beautiful. Something someone else cares about. Something precious to them. I think that would satiate my anger.

Tonight, on my way to BJJ I was waiting in the left lane of a 4 lane road to make a left into a gas station with my turn signal on when some stupid c*nt in a ford escape drills me at 30mph straight in the rear. My '04 rx-8 is now a cripple. Her real axle is functional no more. Her once shapely ass is now fully crumpled for my protection. My first big purchase on my own once I graduated and got a job is now a sports car that will never handle the same.

To make matters worse, and what truly pisses me off (because after all, now matter how much I love my car, its only a car) is that my neck hurts like hell and I know when I wake up tomorrow morning it is going to be worse. I also used my head to stop my forward momentum by striking the steering wheel, well, that and the seatbelt I was wearing. I just took all of last week off from training to let my neck heal up from the Hoosier 2005 (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24388). Also, my instructor gets back from his vacation today so he'll be back in class and eager to roll. Now I might have to take more god damn time off from training. I haven't rolled since the tournament and I feel like I wasted the experience because I haven't been back into class with my 'new perspective'.

I swear, sometimes I wish I lived in the late 1800's so when that stupid bitch drove right into the back of my new Sport Wagon with 2 horsepower that I could just empty my six shooter into her and make myself feel a whole lot better.

At least I have full coverage and it was completely her fault. Don't people scan ahead or pay the **** attention on the roads anymore?

\whiney rant over

the way i knew her...
http://img160.echo.cx/img160/6135/dscf00924ms.th.jpg (http://img160.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00924ms.jpg)

beka
6/20/2005 10:03pm,
I got rear ended once. Well, it wasn't my car, but I was in the passenger seat. There was a stop light at the end of the freeway offramp, and we were stopped. Some dumb broad plowed right into us, so we hit the car in front of us, who hit the next car, who hit the next... Some 5 cars were damaged because one woman "didn't see the brake lights". What pissed me off most was she was driving so unattentively with a 3 year old boy in the seat next to her.

Equipoise
6/20/2005 10:08pm,
Rx-8's are for girls. Drive a truck.

relytjj
6/20/2005 10:10pm,
I might end up driving a truck after all this mess is sorted out.

I did slip into the opposite lane, luckily no one else was there to hit me.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6/20/2005 10:17pm,
Older cars are probably tougher than today's truck. My mom has owned an old Mustang for decades.

She was once coming home from a vacation along a road that had come under construction. Short story, she was hit from behind and forced into another car. One or both of the cars were basically totalled, but she was able to drive away with on-the-spot repairs.

Mr. Mantis
6/20/2005 10:24pm,
Make sure you go to the hospital to get checked out. Don't be macho if you are in pain, get therapy.

You will not be fully compensated for your property damage, consider it making up the slack on your injury claim. Good luck.

Equipoise
6/20/2005 10:28pm,
Older cars are probably tougher than today's truck. My mom has owned an old Mustang for decades.

She was once coming home from a vacation along a road that had come under construction. Short story, she was hit from behind and forced into another car. One or both of the cars were basically totalled, but she was able to drive away with on-the-spot repairs.

What older cars?

Bigger always wins in an accident and the way people drive now, you can't have anything nice on the road. I'd drive an M1-A1 if I was allowed to.

Gumby
6/20/2005 10:29pm,
I rear ended someone not too long ago.....

I drive where I want- get the **** out of my way :thebirdma

Equipoise
6/20/2005 10:30pm,
I'll be looking for you with my tank.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6/20/2005 10:35pm,
What older cars?

Older, heavier ones. Before cars were made to fold on impact.

Granted, my mom has a newer F-350 dualie that could cream most cars on the road too.

bodar
6/20/2005 11:21pm,
All I have to say after seeing the movie is, I want THIS:

http://www.geocities.com/jbodar/batmobile.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6/21/2005 2:05am,
How many mpg do you think the new batmobile gets?

bodar
6/21/2005 3:59am,
I bet somewhere in the vast reaches of cyberspace, there is a fansite that has this answer. However, I am too lazy to look for it.

Camus
6/21/2005 4:06am,
I got my first BMW as a result of multiple car accident on the highway; couldn't have worked out better. In your case, this seems to have swung the opposite way, sorry to hear it.

Hannibal
6/21/2005 6:28am,
You have my deepest sympathies.

relytjj
6/21/2005 7:48am,
Make sure you go to the hospital to get checked out. Don't be macho if you are in pain, get therapy.

You will not be fully compensated for your property damage, consider it making up the slack on your injury claim. Good luck.

Good advice. I plan on going to the doctor later today work load willing.

Akira Musashi is definitely correct in that it is impossible to keep anything nice on the road today. Especially if you live in or around a city. It was only a matter of time before damage occured, I just didn't expect it so soon or so drastic.