PDA

View Full Version : Might pick up Judo again

El-Wood
6/08/2005 9:24pm,
Went last night to a Judo club that is a lot closer to my house then the club I was going to 2 years ago.

All in all I liked what I saw in the class. They have an actual tatami (like the real straw tatami) room set up for practice in one of the local community centers. Only 4 adults but they told me to come back on Friday and they normally have about 10-15 adults (how they are going to fit 60 people in that room I have no idea but that's what they told me to expect if I come back Friday).

Normal 15 minutes of warm ups, about 30 minutes of throws, then they did ground work for almost an hour (something we almost never did at the other club I went to).

The wife is going to be pissed at me if I start spending 4 nights a week doing martial arts instead of helping with the kids... :toothy5:

roly
6/08/2005 9:40pm,
if the kids are old enough and want to play judo is it possible to take them training with you?

you might not get in as much trouble then.... maybe

El-Wood
6/08/2005 10:22pm,
almost 2 and almost 5 - so the oldest maybe but generally kids under 7 are discouraged

CanucKyokushin
6/09/2005 4:17pm,
Say it aint so.Your giving up your Karate for ...Pth!....Judo?

ImAlrdyNum
6/09/2005 4:37pm,
Say it aint so.Your giving up your Karate for ...Pth!....Judo?

karate... :new_321:

CanucKyokushin
6/09/2005 5:09pm,
Them fight'n words boy. I got an idea why don't you go hump your Judo instructor:sex: