PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are you waiting for?!? Buy phil's Shorthand Empty Hand now!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kungfoolss
6/08/2005 6:46pm,
http://www.booklocker.com/images/covers/1996cvr.jpg

Paperback Price: $12.95

Excerpt from book (http://www.booklocker.com/pdf/1996s.pdf)

About the Book

In this book, Phil Elmore, publisher of The Martialist?: The Magazine For Those Who Fight Unfairly, outlines a basic curriculum of empty-hand self-defense. Shorthand Empty Hand? is your expedient key to physical combat using your body?s natural weapons. Stylized but pragmatic, Shorthand Empty Hand? could save your life.

A bastardized, hybridized form of martial arts and combatives that anyone can learn relatively quickly, Shorthand Empty Hand? gives the average citizen the power to fight and win when faced with a violent physical attack. No system is the ultimate system and no book can truly teach you what you must do to fight another human being, but Shorthand Empty Hand? gives you the conceptual framework from which to approach fighting with your bare hands.

http://www.booklocker.com/books/1996.html

Kungfoolss
6/08/2005 6:55pm,
phil cracks me up. :evil6:

Mr. Mantis
6/08/2005 6:58pm,
What a wierdo this Phil guy is.

CanucKyokushin
6/08/2005 7:06pm,
Check out the second page,fist paragraph.Hoplophobic?????.Is that a new word?

Kungfoolss
6/08/2005 7:23pm,
What a wierdo this Phil guy is.

I'm sort of curious about the layout of the book. Probably filled with nauseating photographs of phil attempting to appear the fearsome and dangerous warrior he believes himself to be. Apparently, he's living out his fantasy through the publication of this book and his online rag, either that, or he's desperately laying the foundation of a RBSD leader for future purposes. Any way you cut it, phil's a sick puppy.

Kungfoolss
6/08/2005 7:25pm,

A fear of "gun nuts"? According to this site. (http://www.panikon.com/phurba/articles/propose.html)

Kungfoolss
6/08/2005 7:30pm,
A fear of "gun nuts"? According to this site. (http://www.panikon.com/phurba/articles/propose.html)

I would have accused phil of 'Hoplophilia - "Sexual Arousal From Weaponry."instead.

El-Wood
6/08/2005 8:33pm,
You know, when I first found Bullshido I thought Phil was just a nut.

Now I am convinced he is an ubertroll. Quite possibly the single greatest troll the internet has ever seen. I mean let's all be honest, he strikes me as entirely too intelligent and has way too much of a sense of humor to believe his own bullshit.

But what is he doing? HE IS MAKING MONEY OFF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BELIEVE HIS CRAP! They buy his newsletter, they buy his books, they eat his words up. And he gets to satirize them in such a way that they don't even get it. He could jump completely off the deep end and people would eat it up. He gets to make fun of them, make money off them, and be idolized by the people who are too stupid to realize they are being had.

Oh yes, as an added bonus he gets to piss off the Bullshidoists.

All bow down before Phil Elmore - UBERTROLL!!!

Don Gwinn
6/08/2005 9:34pm,
No. It was coined years ago to describe people who have an irrational fear of weapons or armed people. "Hoplo" = "weapons or armaments" in ancient Greek, hence their word "hoplite" for "men at arms."

The earliest reference I've seen was an essay in which Col. Jeff Cooper suggested its use to refer to the irrational anti-gun screechers. Rosie O'Donnell would be a good example of a hoplophobe; someone who knows nothing about weapons but fears them and hates armed people anyway. It's not really all that different than any other phobia (though I don't think it's in the DSM.) ;)

lifetime
6/08/2005 9:39pm,
Phil Elmore's melodrama makes me want to puke.

Don Gwinn
6/08/2005 9:51pm,
Kungfoolss, they weren't accusing him of hoplophobia, he accused others of hoplophobia in his book. Try to keep up.

Also, hoplophile would imply a regard for all weapons, not just guns. That site asks what other word might replace "gun nut" so as to avoid offending gun nuts such as myself. The preferred term among gun enthusiasts is "gun geek." A gun geek treats guns the way computer geeks treat computers; he pays too much for fancy or unusual versions, he customizes beyond all sense, he seeks out reading and training far beyond any professional need . . . .but he has fun doing it.

Thorfinn
6/08/2005 10:20pm,
Rosie O'Donnell would be a good example of a hoplophobe; someone who knows nothing about weapons but fears them and hates armed people anyway. It's not really all that different than any other phobia (though I don't think it's in the DSM.) ;)

Funny how her body guards were armed, huh?...

Kungfoolss
6/08/2005 10:37pm,
Kungfoolss, they weren't accusing him of hoplophobia, he accused others of hoplophobia in his book. Try to keep up.

What the hell did you think I was talking about Gwinn? :sad3:

Poop Loops
6/08/2005 10:44pm,
I heard this is a coloring book.

PL

Phrost
6/08/2005 11:34pm,
I heard this is a coloring book.

PL

How about a Paint-By-Numbers book?

Mr. Mantis
6/08/2005 11:38pm,
A pop up book? And when you open and close the thing, you get to see Phil defending his life! Empty hand/stubby arm?