PDA

View Full Version : Three Years of Fighting BS in the Martial Arts!

Phrost
5/28/2005 10:33am,
KCMO, From the Desk of Phrost

Three years ago, a few mean sons of bitches over on the now pointless Abu Dhabi Combat Club forums came together to get the word out about Martial Arts BS. 2 Lawsuits, 30 death threats, and one failed break-in attempt later, we're stronger than ever!

I've seen this community grow from 30 members to almost 10,000. We've gone from ranting about stupidity, to full scale investigations. We've put the nail in the coffin on some of the most prominent frauds and hucksters, and are on track to nail a few more in the coming months.

It's been a hell of a ride.

First, I want to thank the members, especially the Supporting Members who make all of this possible. Not only do you guys contribute to the site's upkeep, but you're the ones who volunteer your time and resources to fight for better and more realistic standards in Martial Arts. And I couldn't forget to thank the Staff, current and former, who have committed ridiculous amounts of time to keeping things running.

Now it's time to take things to the next level. If you're not a Supporting Member, check out the link on the right (or left if you're in the forums reading this). And if you are, keep checking to see how you can help out with upcoming projects. We have another Mega Throwdown to plan, and we'd like to see you there!

And if you're not a Bullshido "Bully", just one of the lurkers who reads the forums but never participates, sign up today! We've managed to get just about every major Martial Art properly represented here, but your opinions and views are just as important. Why play point sparring "pattycake" with your views and opinions on other forums, when you can kick them around full-contact here on Bullshido?

No BS Martial Arts!

PizDoff
5/28/2005 10:43am,
This is only the beginning.

Wounded Ronin
5/28/2005 11:47am,
Failed break in? It was a ninja, wasn't it?

Namrepus221
5/29/2005 12:32am,
Does anyone know the number of acctualy frauds that bullshido has exposed that fully ended the career of the fraud?

And wounded ronin already asked...What "failed break-in?"

Pandinha
5/29/2005 12:52am,
Congratulations!

Here's to many more!

:)

Phrost
5/29/2005 12:56pm,
Does anyone know the number of acctualy frauds that bullshido has exposed that fully ended the career of the fraud?

Someone tried to break in to my house 2 years ago; they shattered the sliding glass door on my deck. Since nothing was stolen, I guess the alarm system scared them off.

I have absolutely no evidence to suggest http://www.bullshido.net/forums/images/icons/ninjas.gif, and just added that in for color.

Locu5
5/29/2005 3:59pm,
Grats! Two middle fingers to all.

Edge
5/29/2005 5:26pm,
Happy Birthday Bullshido!!! :fist:

Sam Browning
5/29/2005 8:16pm,

Since we don't have police powers we cannot "Fully" end a persons career because that would imply that we were able to stop every action they carried out. If the question was who have you exposed in a manner which substantially interfered with their ability to make money the short list would be.

Drew Howe
David Bannon (we've damaged his ability to publish new articles by exposing his BS to at least one publishing company.

People who wish that we did not have threads on them which expose their short comings.

John Perkins. (he had his minions challange our site and had to back out)
Chris Gherity (sp) we have reprinted articles on him that have then circulated in his hometown.
West Wind Kempo School (at least one student walked after reading our work on them)

We've also featured some of the stupidity of Dan Webre and Phil Elmore.

poidog
5/29/2005 9:14pm,
Sweetness. Good job, all involved. Mahalo for the laughs.

Namrepus221
5/29/2005 9:31pm,
[quote]Since we don't have police powers we cannot "Fully" end a persons career because that would imply that we were able to stop every action they carried out.... quote]

I didn't mean it like that.

I ment more along the lines of them being explosed for the world to see and losing any and all credibility they might have had.

I guess I should've worded it better.

Thank oyu for the short list and all. I wonder how many people have been "saved" (Didn't join a McDojo, or leaving one as a result of an article you guys wrote) by you guys.

Deadchef
5/30/2005 11:10am,
If it wasn't for this place, I would be working on developing my chi instead of learning and practicing something real.

Thank you Bullshido. I'm going to become a supporting member this week. Happy Birthday!!

blankslate
5/30/2005 11:27am,
Well done Phrost!

Bullshido has changed my life!

Feryk
5/30/2005 12:42pm,
Well done Phrost!

Bullshido has changed my life!

He means he has one now.

Ronin
5/30/2005 2:04pm,
When I found this site and after much abuse ( yes I loved it you bitches), I found myself staying longer and longer.
It was quite refreshing compared to other sites, though at times a tad trying.
It reknewed my intrest in the grappling I had been neglecting.
It opened my eyes to usefullness of abusive writing and intenet intolerance.
Sure I still hate "keyboard warriors", but I know understand how their penis evny drives them to say stupid things.

To have a minor roll on this site, is an honour.

* raises a beer*

3 years down, 30 to go !!

Rashomon
6/01/2005 12:17am,
What are the chances of someone putting together some sort of "greatest hits" list... or "greatest shits" list... something like that? I'm thinking of a list of "accomplishments" you can be proud of, complete with a very brief background / summary and links to the relevant threads.

Food for thought.