PDA

View Full Version : Paint the town red ( Your gear too)

Pages : [1] 2

X_plosion
5/20/2005 10:56am,
Here's the real reason why the Soviet Union was so successful in sports competition, why South Korea placed strongly in the World Cup and why the Chinese are always a force to be reckoned with in the Olympics.
:qgreenjum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/05/18/wear.red.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

"Scientists don't precisely known how wearing red might give athletes an advantage. But the color delivers implicit messages of vigor and danger. When people get angry, their faces turn red. It's also a reason why stop signs are red. So are most Ferraris."

:car16: VROOM!!

On the serious side though, they seem to have conducted their research in a logical manner. Thoughts, anyone?

Mr. Mantis
5/20/2005 11:15am,
I saw that.

I also noted someone saying you are more likely to get into a car accident if you are listening to "Ride of the Valkeries" by Wagner.

FHoppy
5/20/2005 11:36am,
I wear a red mouthpiece. Does that make me invincible or just provide a better target to my opponent?

Yrkoon9
5/20/2005 11:38am,
Im going to get a red koral gi, a red belt, and dye my hair red.

Hopefully no one will piss on me trying to put out a fire.

Yrkoon9
5/20/2005 11:43am,
A joke!

This thread needs a joke!

A merchant vessel was travelling along pirate infested waters when his first mate told him that pirates were approaching. Without giving cause for concern the captain tells his mate, "Go down below and bring me my red shirt.". The first mate did what he was told. The pirates attacked. And although casualties were taken the merchant ship sailed on.

The next day 2 pirate ships were spotted. And again the captain tells his first mate,"Go down below and bring me my red shirt." Once again there were casualties when the pirates attacked but they survived. That is when the first mate asked the captain, "Captain, why do you wear a red shirt when the pirates attack?" The captain replied,"So that if I am wounded in battle, the blood will not show and my men will not lose heart and continue to fight!".

The next day the first mate tells the captain, "Sir, there are 10 pirate ships on the horizon and mean to board us!" The captain replied, "Go down below and get me my brown pants."

X_plosion
5/20/2005 9:11pm,
Har, Har, Har!

I wonder what effect brown gear will have on the athlete when competing? :laughing1

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5/20/2005 10:24pm,
It'll make them perform like ****.

pauli
5/21/2005 9:55pm,
i'm... really not sure about the idea of painting my gear red. i can't imagine it would impress the ladies.

Lights Out
5/21/2005 10:41pm,
Then explain the lack of success of the Spanish selection soccer team.

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/deportes/wcup/2002/06/spain_3_061202.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5/21/2005 10:58pm,
Clearly they're using a deep shade of orange.

MEGALEF
5/25/2005 11:59am,
Or maybe their opponents get a similar boost from seeing a lot of red too.
Put on red sunglasses/red contacts. That way only you will get extra powers.

I actually think there might be something to this. Weightlifters sniff ammonia before the lift to get some extra rush.

EDIT - I suck and should learn to read articles thoroughly before commenting on them.

oldman_withers
6/05/2005 11:47am,
Or maybe their opponents get a similar boost from seeing a lot of red too.
Put on red sunglasses/red contacts. That way only you will get extra powers.

I actually think there might be something to this. Weightlifters sniff ammonia before the lift to get some extra rush.

I think I'm missing something here, but I hope I'm not the only one.

Poop Loops
6/05/2005 12:32pm,
Then explain the lack of success of the Spanish selection soccer team.

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/deportes/wcup/2002/06/spain_3_061202.jpg

Blue cancels red, so to their enemies they appear to be naked.

PL

oldman_withers
6/05/2005 8:13pm,
I call shenanigans on the "science" tag.

FHoppy
6/06/2005 10:22am,
Blue cancels red, so to their enemies they appear to be naked.

PL

Only if played as an interrupt....

IzzyDaHedgehog
6/06/2005 11:27am,
Only if played as an interrupt....

Interrupts went out with the 6th edition rules, dude.