PDA

View Full Version : PS3 info

Pages : [1] 2 3

Transcendent Sunchips
5/17/2005 4:35pm,
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140590

Don't care much about the specs, but the companies lining up and the games coming out on launch date are looking pretty sweet. I've read on other message boards that Square/Enix plan to remake Final Fantasy 7 for the PS3.

Things are looking good, but it looks like Sony is trying to compete with Microsoft for the shittiest looking controller.

Feryk
5/17/2005 4:56pm,
Okay, the controller looks like a bizarre sex toy, but other than that, it looks interesting.

PoleFighter
5/17/2005 5:02pm,
Isch. the old PS2 controller was the most comfortable controller ever, and now they've fucked it up in order to make it look futuristic. I hope there will be a classic version for geeks.

Mr. Mantis
5/17/2005 5:04pm,
The controller shouldn't be fucked with, it's perfect the way it is.

Bluetooth?
Hey isn't there some industry standard change or something coming up in the near future? I tech friend mentioned something, but the details have been squeezed from my brain.

I read (EGM ~ maybe quarterman) that many developers pulled their Xbox2 titles and shifted to PS3.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5/17/2005 5:36pm,
It doesn't look like it'll have any more functionality than the Dualshock 2 anyway, so you might as well just use the ones from your PS2.

Judah Maccabee
5/17/2005 5:39pm,
It doesn't look like it'll have any more functionality than the Dualshock 2 anyway, so you might as well just use the ones from your PS2.

Unless I'm wrong, I didn't see any controller ports.

Plus:

The oddly-shaped wireless controllers will connect to the system via Bluetooth.

Doesn't look like that will be possible.

Jaguar Wong
5/17/2005 6:21pm,
sweet, wireless bluetooth controllers. No more unplugging the controller accidentally when pwning friends in DefJam (if/when EA releases a version for the PS3).

Looks nice and sleek, but I'm afraid all new tech gadgets are ahead of the clothing in the "quasi-futuristic" department. Someone will have to release a silver turtleneck and slacks so I can dress appropriately to play the XBox360 and PS3.

The Nintendo Revolution looks much more "present-day" (it looks like a giant memory card). so my vintage Nintendo gear should work fine for that.

Also,
I love the PS2 controller, but we haven't even held one of these bad-boys in our paws, so how do we know it won't feel comfortable? I mean we've been gaiming with joysticks, sharp rectangular control pads, that monster of a brick for the original X-Box, and even every weird button/stick configuration Nintendo could throw at us. I think we're all capable of adjusting to this as well.

'nother edit...
I noticed in the specs it lists a "wired" version of the controller using USB2.0
Plus I'm sure there will be a third-party version of the classic style, but it won't be anywhere near as rugged and unbreakable as the original PS2 controllers. Those things just don't die.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5/17/2005 6:33pm,
Plus I'm sure there will be a third-party version of the classic style, but it won't be anywhere near as rugged and unbreakable as the original PS2 controllers. Those things just don't die.

I had one first party controller **** up pretty quickly. However, I still have my original controller in perfect condition, from five years ago.

Transcendent Sunchips
5/18/2005 8:29am,
People who I think are pleased with this new controller: Aussies

_Mick_
5/18/2005 12:21pm,
the boomerang controller does look pretty stupid, but you really have to hold it, to see if it feels good.
the system is ridiculously powerful, and the games are just damn pretty. it also has a next generation dvd player. with all of that crap under the hood, this thing is going to be pretty damn expensive, i would guess.

Dochter
5/18/2005 12:26pm,
I heard the initial msrp is going to be 650.

Mr. Mantis
5/18/2005 12:47pm,
I heard the initial msrp is going to be 650.

Did I mention I won't buy a system at launch. I'll wait 6 months for the big price drop that always happens.

Or I may never get one, I hardly ever play games anymore.

Dochter
5/18/2005 12:49pm,
Yeah, that's a little pricey. Though as good as the games look...

relytjj
5/18/2005 1:13pm,
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html

Apparently Sony officials said that it would cost less than $465. So that means it will probably cost $464.99. I am a big nerd, but not a big enough nerd to drop that kind of money on a gaming system. Hopefully the competition between xbox360 and ps3 brings the price of both units down.

Dochter
5/18/2005 1:54pm,
I heard that the bluetooth portion was bumping that up significantly.

Ktulu
5/18/2005 3:00pm,
I hate to see what the second controller is going to cost. :5headache