PDA

View Full Version : THE LA Shooting....sigh...s tupid cops!

JackHanma
5/11/2005 10:56pm,
I'm surprised that no one has posted about but this (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/la-me-chase11may11,1,2604416.story)
this is ridiculous. Who ever trained these officers should be shot. Seriously, who is teaching these guys how to shoot? Wild Billz Pollice Akademy?

It has now been proven that LA cops are the most trigger happy cops in the world. Compton+LA Sheriffs or Iraq+Occupation? Which is more explosive?

Wounded Ronin
5/12/2005 1:46pm,
It's so sad.

Nid
5/12/2005 4:54pm,
While I do not have all the facts in this case, from what information I do have, the officers were initially responding to a shooting call involving a vehicle matching this description. When they attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver refused to yield and a pursuit ensued.

Lets remember that a vehicle is without a doubt a deadly weapon. More people are killed by cars then by guns. The officers also may have had reason to believe the driver was not only operating one of the most deadly weapons in the world (a motor vehicle) but he may have been armed with a firearm. It is always easy to sit at our keyboards and second guess the tactics that were used, or to express disbelief at the number of rounds fired along with the number of rounds that failed to strike their intended target. Critical incidents are very dynamic, high stress events that do not always cooperate with the intentions and desires of the parties involved. I am certain that every officer would have preferred to have been behind a position of cover and concealment and have had every round they fired strike the intended target. I am even more certain that all of the officers involved would have preferred for the driver to have simply stopped the vehicle so an investigation could have taken place without all the problems.

Scrapper
5/12/2005 5:00pm,
Beat me to it Kein!

It seems logical to assume that the information you have been given is accurate. These cops thought they were pursuing an armed criminal. They had been informned that shots had already been fired. Said criminal resists arrest, and someone starts shooting. "contagious shooting" ensues.

Bad situation based on bad info.

Let's get the cops GOOD info so they can make GOOD decisions. Then this **** won't happen. (as often)

Janissary
5/12/2005 5:13pm,
Fucking idiots.

Breathtakingly deep comment.

Janissary
5/13/2005 5:47am,
More importantly, accurate.

Yeah, based on your extensive knowledge of the law and tactics :icon_thum . Sure.

JackHanma
5/13/2005 11:57pm,
While I do not have all the facts in this case, from what information I do have, the officers were initially responding to a shooting call involving a vehicle matching this description. When they attempted to stop the vehicle, the driver refused to yield and a pursuit ensued.

Lets remember that a vehicle is without a doubt a deadly weapon. More people are killed by cars then by guns. The officers also may have had reason to believe the driver was not only operating one of the most deadly weapons in the world (a motor vehicle) but he may have been armed with a firearm. It is always easy to sit at our keyboards and second guess the tactics that were used, or to express disbelief at the number of rounds fired along with the number of rounds that failed to strike their intended target. Critical incidents are very dynamic, high stress events that do not always cooperate with the intentions and desires of the parties involved. I am certain that every officer would have preferred to have been behind a position of cover and concealment and have had every round they fired strike the intended target. I am even more certain that all of the officers involved would have preferred for the driver to have simply stopped the vehicle so an investigation could have taken place without all the problems.

Dude, they even shot two officers. That is NOT how you apprehend ANY SUSPECT. Here's the video (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-sheriffshootout-051005-wmv,0,6408958.wmvfile?coll=la-home-headlines)

Please explain how that is the least bit compent?

inde
5/14/2005 12:10am,
I'm gonna have to say stupid suspect. Fucking pull over and be a law abiding citizen and you won't have a hundred bullets fired at you.

Janissary
5/14/2005 6:10am,
Jannisarry, they shot their own guys. That is fucking idiotic.

So, do you also say "fucking stupid soldiers" when they have a friendly fire incident?

Things like that happen when bullets start flying. It's not always picture-perfect like they show on television. Maybe someday you'll be in a position to see that, and then you'll have a clue of what you're talking about.

Nid
5/14/2005 6:36am,
Yes, he probably does. Osiris has baggage.