PDA

View Full Version : a good website has Siu Lim Tao

Pages : [1] 2

PizDoff
3/10/2003 4:06pm,
http://wingchuninteractive.com/

the form is well animated, except i disagree with the way the thumb is held in some parts, imo that hand should be flat with the thumb crooked back a bit

the applications are well done, not much talk about footwork but then again it is only the first form (the second form has footwork)
dude forgot to add "huen sao" (circling hand) to applications

huen sao is one of my favourite moves

--
I attack flurriously!
It smells like teen spirit.

PizDoff
3/10/2003 4:10pm,
sorry, the title should say

"A Good website that includes Siu Lim Tao"
i'm a little daft

--
I attack flurriously!

deus ex machina
3/10/2003 4:14pm,
i'm a little daft

Because you take Wing Chun?

Hehe, sorry, just had to say it.

~
delirious

deus ex machina
3/10/2003 4:16pm,
Is it just me, or do the excessive hand/wrist movements look very faggish?

~
delirious

PizDoff
3/10/2003 4:20pm,
"Hehe, sorry, just had to say it."
*snicker*
those are my type of comments damn you!!

"Is it just me, or do the excessive hand/wrist movements look very faggish?"
just you, personally i think i've been taught to do a small circle huen sao, i do mine without the wrist really moving much, the site seems to exaggerate those a bit

huen sao can be made "wider" to look more flowery but i find it useful and funny to mock people with

if you can do a pak sao quickly and then a huen sao then you can get the inside, and say your other hand pulls the guy towards you, so many options have just opened up now that you have his centreline.....

--
I attack flurriously!

Sick of it all
3/10/2003 6:45pm,
Those animations are horrid! Tons of bad habits. Excessive movement, serial attack/defense, and more. Ugh.

pst
3/10/2003 7:29pm,
I agree PizDoff, huen sau can be versatile.

pst

no fear
3/11/2003 12:13am,
If you use the arm position shown on the site
you will not larst long in chi sau

pst
3/11/2003 12:42am,
There are some definite limitations to the site but some of that may be computer stuff. It may not be easy to duplicate certain things on computer. Some of the stuff is halfway decent elementary info.

pst

ElDuderino
3/11/2003 5:04am,
this sort of thing is only any good to serve as a reminder of how to do the form when first learning it. correct positioning, movement etc requires a good teacher.

Balloonknot
3/11/2003 11:22am,
There are many flaws on that website but it does look nice. I like the animation but not the demonstrations.

"The Money Shot Guru"

PizDoff
3/11/2003 6:05pm,
yeap......
guy at school says he does it differently......differnet lineage, oh well

--
I attack flurriously!

ElDuderino
3/12/2003 4:03am,
in Wong Shun Leung's VT we have an extra little bit in third section. and that bong sau is really crap, it's way to high.

PizDoff
3/12/2003 12:42pm,
i agree, the site says that it should be above the shoulder, sorry the elbow should be above the shoulder horizonatally, that is ridiculous as it can just get folded in by a push, we have it lower

--
I attack flurriously!

pst
3/12/2003 8:55pm,
I have also been told that the elbow is supposed to be lower. You have no structure the other way.

pst

Blad3
3/12/2003 11:05pm,
it's very detailed, I like the animations.
Seems I can only get the animations to work, no live videos...