PDA

View Full Version : Dim Mak! teh d34d1y!

Pages : [1] 2

The Mad Hatter
5/04/2005 9:57pm,
Anyone watching Ripley's on the Sci Fi channel and catching Tom Cameron demonstrate Dim Mak? Nothing like watching super contrived bullshit soft techniques delivered by a martial arts fat body.

Isn't he the same dude that was debunked by a local news channel when they had some martial artists from outside his school have the techniques demonstrated on them and they didn't flinch? Wasn't that clip on here at one time or another???

relytjj
5/04/2005 10:18pm,
I caught it flipping around. Ridiculous... My favorite part was the astonished EMT and "Doctor" talking about how dangerous it was and the possibility of permanent damage.

I did a googled the fatbody, Tom Cameron, and here is some text from the first link I found on him.

Even though we were able to record anomalies in the energy environment at the time of bio-energy work by Cameron and his students (as aforementioned), we were never able to measure these anomalies on a consistent, repeatable basis necessary to meet the standards of scientific proof. We were therefore unable to prove that any anomalies measured were definitely caused by the actions of Cameron or his students.

Based upon our experiences, the "touchless knockdown" has no direct, practical applications for self-defense purposes at the time of an actual attack. In order for the "touchless" to work, it seems to require some level of cooperation on the part of the individual(s) receiving the knockdown, as shown by Cameron's students, our researchers, and various laypersons who have experienced the technique and were able to resist succumbing. We have the same opinion of similar techniques when Cameron's hands are placed lightly on a subject (without applying pressure) in order to transfer energy for a knockout. The nature of the cooperation on the part of the receiving subject is currently unclear, but may have to do with the expectations of Cameron and observers that influences the receiving subject to comply and submit.

Even the freaks that believe in paranormal b.s. from that site weren't convinced of the ancient Chinese deadly art of Dim Mak!

BaguaMonk
5/06/2005 2:22am,
The sad part is the media gets the dudes who are "out there," constantly on internet forums, or on the news or whatever, advertising etc. I saw one program in which they interviewed some dude from supposedly the "most deadly martial art in the world" because of their hard chi gong, which allowed them to take strikes to the balls (yes, i know probably fake), throat etc. It was some self invented karate, with even the whole backstory supposedly behind it (you know, learned from some Japanese master). The chi gong methods were straight out of chinese gong fu.

Cassius
5/06/2005 3:48am,
The sad part is the media gets the dudes who are "out there," constantly on internet forums, or on the news or whatever, advertising etc. I saw one program in which they interviewed some dude from supposedly the "most deadly martial art in the world" because of their hard chi gong, which allowed them to take strikes to the balls (yes, i know probably fake), throat etc. It was some self invented karate, with even the whole backstory supposedly behind it (you know, learned from some Japanese master). The chi gong methods were straight out of chinese gong fu.

That reminds me of the Iron Ki bullshit I saw on Discovery Channel awhile back. The show description said it would explore various new age martial arts, such as shootfighting. While I was weary of the "new age" tag, I figured I'd give it a watch.

First I see a tubby karate nerd* sparring with his master (who actually appeared to be a legitimate good fighter within their sparring rules), then the guys that like to break boards with their fingers, then the Iron Ki people, then Ninpo experts. These were grown men dressing up like Ninja and running around their training camp in Japan. WOW.

Unfortunately, I decided to combat this bullshido with whisky, so I can't really say what happened after the 45 minute mark of the show.

*Not disrespecting Karate here, just the poor physical conditioning of the man that represented the art best, according to Discovery Channel.

Andrew WA
5/06/2005 10:24am,
Why is it that most practitioners of internal martial arts are almost always fat?

I think i saw that discover channel thing along time ago. Wasnt there some kind of ki karate where a girl can get punched by like 6 guys in the throat and she breaths heavy and it doesnt hurt her?

Ninjas are cool and I would buy a ninja suit and run around in it in the woods if I had one! So whatever!

Ronin
5/06/2005 10:40am,
Why is it that most practitioners of internal martial arts are almost always fat?

I think i saw that discover channel thing along time ago. Wasnt there some kind of ki karate where a girl can get punched by like 6 guys in the throat and she breaths heavy and it doesnt hurt her?

Ninjas are cool and I would buy a ninja suit and run around in it in the woods if I had one! So whatever!

Huge build ups of chi are commonly mistaked for fat by the uneducated.
:bootyshak

Rubberduck
5/06/2005 11:09am,

Ah, young grasshopper, itīs the massive amount of chi they have in their tan tien. Where I took Tai chi lessons for a while, had few instructors who obviously had massive amount of it. :listen:

Cassius
5/06/2005 11:25am,
In other news, twinkies have been renamed "Chi."

Rubberduck
5/06/2005 12:17pm,
In other news, twinkies have been renamed "Chi."

Or some prefer it in liquid form. :5obsessed

TekkaMaki
5/06/2005 12:38pm,

Combat ki. Smells like bullshido to me... but whether you can or cannot withstand a shot to the neck on six angles, doesn't it seem like a dangerous and stupid thing to practice? If you do it wrong they'd better have an ambulance standing by. Or, of course, after many years of getting punched in the throat, a person could develop some serious debilitating injury, even if they didn't feel the pain at the time of impact.

And also, who the hell is going to wait for you to 'muster up your ki' in a fight? they're not going to ask you if you're 'ready' before they start wailing on you!

TekkaMaki
5/06/2005 12:46pm,
These were grown men dressing up like Ninja and running around their training camp in Japan. WOW.

That's not a "training camp" it's soke's house.

And I know it seems silly to most, but if you're training in ninjutsu, shouldn't you train like a ninja? I mean, you don't see two guys fighting at a bjj school and say 'these are grown men dressed up like they're in the ufc running around an octagon! WOW."

Cassius
5/06/2005 2:31pm,

And I know it seems silly to most, but if you're training in ninjutsu, shouldn't you train like a ninja? I mean, you don't see two guys fighting at a bjj school and say 'these are grown men dressed up like they're in the ufc running around an octagon! WOW."

I'll respect your right to practice being a ninja if you respect my right to think it's kind of silly. That's the great thing about living in a free country.

TekkaMaki
5/24/2005 11:13am,
I'm down with that.

Bizzaro Root
5/24/2005 11:27am,

your a dumbass, now goto the corner and shut up.

Locu5
5/24/2005 11:43am,

At least you would see them actually fighting?

TekkaMaki
5/24/2005 11:46am,
your a dumbass, now goto the corner and shut up.

Hey look everyone! A shithead! :wrestlerb