PDA

View Full Version : Fairtex School

Pages : [1] 2

Ainttappin
4/30/2005 8:03pm,
Hey guys. I'm looking to going to Thailand sometime to spend two weeks at the fairtex school. I've thought about going to the one in San Fransico but decided it would be cooler to go to Thailand. So, anyone want to go? I really don't want to go to Thailand by myself.

Yrkoon9
4/30/2005 8:28pm,
The owner of our gym took a 16 year old kid there to train MT. The owner came back after a few weeks and left the 16 year old to train there for a few months.

If a 16 year old can fuckin hang there alone....

BTW, he said the training was exceptionally brutal. Like 2 sessions per day of 3 hours. Tons of conditioning. Don't take a training sabatical to thailand lightly.

Ainttappin
4/30/2005 9:02pm,
The owner of our gym took a 16 year old kid there to train MT. The owner came back after a few weeks and left the 16 year old to train there for a few months.

If a 16 year old can fuckin hang there alone....

BTW, he said the training was exceptionally brutal. Like 2 sessions per day of 3 hours. Tons of conditioning. Don't take a training sabatical to thailand lightly.

No, I'm not taking it lightly I'm looking to build up before going. I've never been out of the country before..but that's true if a 16 year old can make it...I bet he's pretty awesome now!

j416to
4/30/2005 10:37pm,
You're going to train at the Fairtex camp? Don't worry. If Jack Osborne can train there for a month, and win his first fight, anyone can make through that place.

Just watch out for the twice a day colon irrigations.

Stick
4/30/2005 10:39pm,
I think Osbourne got the special "I have millions of dollars" treatment.

Heh, I love new age; what else can charge the filthy rich a steaming pile for the sort of treatment the poor can get for free in prison?

Ainttappin
4/30/2005 11:39pm,
I think Osbourne got the special "I have millions of dollars" treatment.

Heh, I love new age; what else can charge the filthy rich a steaming pile for the sort of treatment the poor can get for free in prison?

I know they get some old guy and say hey you want $3K let this kid "knock" you out. Seriously (not kidding) I think my grandmother could kick his ass. (I'm being serious). I'm positive my mom could.

Ming Loyalist
4/30/2005 11:51pm,
unless you already booked the time with fairtex, consider the WMC camp on koh samui. i spent 2 weeks there, and in addition to top notch training, it's on a resort island with amazing beaches. once you are in bangkok, it's about a $100 plane ticket to samui (do not take the bus and ferry option, it is worth it to fly.)

http://www.wmcmuaythaicamp.com/

there is no MMA training at the camp (not sure about the fairtex camp) but really, you should be in thailand to work on your muay thai skills anyway.

ChrisJKD
5/01/2005 12:39am,
Fairtex is a good place to train but its very expensive compared to what else is around. I wouldnt go to any of the Gyms in Phuket and koh Samui if you want real training. I made that mistake for a few months untill i settled down at the gym im at now in Chiang Mai. If you go to a gym thats geared towards foreigners you simply wont get the best training. From my experience its all about hiting a real gym that is loaded down with real thai boxers and little foreigners. That way almost anyone in the gym can teach you as they are all so good. And Thai gyms share the same techniques so you learn them faster, Where as a foreigner gym has people doing alot of there own thing.

Around Bangkok area and Chiang Mai have alot of very good gyms. Currently im at Siam Number One and i will be here for a long time. www.siamnumberone.com if your interested.

Oh yah and definatly dont be scared about chilling in Thailand alone, its the best way to meet cool people : ) Thailand is the land of smiles everyone is very helpfull and nice usally !

Stick
5/01/2005 12:44am,
Word to the wise; do not entertain any offers to buy or traffic jewels and gem stones.

Very common scam.

JohnnyCache
5/01/2005 3:19am,
How much thai would one need to speak for a trip like this?

ChrisJKD
5/01/2005 4:22am,
You can get by on knowing no Thai in Thailand. Its not like other Asian countries like China where hardly anyone speaks a word of english. Especially if your in Phuket. Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The more Thai you know the better you will understand all the trainers for closer explaination of the techniques. Some of the trainers do not speak english where i train, but they can saw random words and usally physically move you to demonstarte the technique. But there is no denying that if you understand Thai language you will understand much more as they can tell you very specific details, and muay thai technique is so intricate that it would help alot. God i didnt know how difficult muay thai technique truely was untill i did it in thailand. Nothing like the watered down techniques ive learned with JKD.

antman
5/01/2005 4:40am,
You better be prepped for the weather its like 87 with so percent humidity right now.

JohnnyCache
5/01/2005 5:07am,
You can get by on knowing no Thai in Thailand. Its not like other Asian countries like China where hardly anyone speaks a word of english. Especially if your in Phuket. Bangkok and Chiang Mai. The more Thai you know the better you will understand all the trainers for closer explaination of the techniques. Some of the trainers do not speak english where i train, but they can saw random words and usally physically move you to demonstarte the technique. But there is no denying that if you understand Thai language you will understand much more as they can tell you very specific details, and muay thai technique is so intricate that it would help alot. God i didnt know how difficult muay thai technique truely was untill i did it in thailand. Nothing like the watered down techniques ive learned with JKD.

How hard is thai to learn by immersion?

BryanORourke
5/01/2005 8:27am,
Hey guys. I'm looking to going to Thailand sometime to spend two weeks at the fairtex school. I've thought about going to the one in San Fransico but decided it would be cooler to go to Thailand. So, anyone want to go? I really don't want to go to Thailand by myself.

There are better places to go in Thailand than Fairtex - BUT - if you go and do go to Fairtex, just let them know that you prefer to train Thai style realistically - let them know that although your money is green, you want to learn and you want to fight. If you make that clear, you'll have a great experience and come back from Thailand with stories to tell all your friends...

Same thing goes with a couple of camps in Holland... they'll give you everything you can take my man - just be man enough to challenge yourself, ask them to give you their worst, and do your best...

You'll come back better for it.

Ming Loyalist
5/01/2005 10:11am,
How hard is thai to learn by immersion?

depends how total your immersion. if you spend all your time with other farang (westerners,) you won't learn much thai... if you choose to spend all your free time with a thai girl and she wants you to learn some thai, you will.

do NOT fall in love with her. i repeat... do NOT under any circumstances fall for said thai girl. i cannot overemphasise that point.

antman
5/01/2005 1:56pm,
do NOT fall in love with her. i repeat... do NOT under any circumstances fall for said thai girl. i cannot overemphasise that point.

Whats wrong with Thai women?