PDA

View Full Version : Yi Quan Techniques

XVampireX
4/28/2005 3:54pm,
Originally called Yi Quan - Mind Boxing/Style, Also called Da Cheng Quan, Or the Great Achievement style. Just found this nice link with some nice techniques step by step explanation, especially for russians, but even if you're not russian you could still understand it because it has illustrations.

So here it goes: http://kempo.ru/lib/22/115_1.php

Pretty good techniques actually.. Even though most of them dont deal with actually dealing damage but rather throw someone back. It could still be used to cause damage, and pretty good damage :)

So, enjoy.

PureJihad: You sent me a PM, but you fucking set yourself so you cant accept PM's back. This is stupid. So i just tell you - Yes, i practice TMAs, was it so hard to ask in my pao quan thread or something?

Jekyll
4/28/2005 6:36pm,
Originally called Yi Quan - Mind Boxing/Style, Also called Da Cheng Quan, Or the Great Achievement style. Just found this nice link with some nice techniques step by step explanation, especially for russians, but even if you're not russian you could still understand it because it has illustrations.

So here it goes: http://kempo.ru/lib/22/115_1.php

Pretty good techniques actually.. Even though most of them dont deal with actually dealing damage but rather throw someone back. It could still be used to cause damage, and pretty good damage :)

So, enjoy.

PureJihad: You sent me a PM, but you fucking set yourself so you cant accept PM's back. This is stupid. So i just tell you - Yes, i practice TMAs, was it so hard to ask in my pao quan thread or something?
I don't speak russian but isn't that chen style tai chi(something I've never trained)?

Some of those applications look like happy retards dancing in the street.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4/28/2005 6:38pm,
Even though most of them dont deal with actually dealing damage

The ****?

XVampireX
4/28/2005 6:53pm,
No, these are Yi Quan/Da Cheng Quan techniques alright. You can see that from the shili and fali exercises if you've ever done yi quan. Yi Quan is basically a non-style thing, doesnt have fixed forms and has influence from different martial arts. The japanese yi quan (Tai Ki Ken) master (Kenichi Sawai) was defeated by Wang Xiang Zhai the founder of Yi Quan, prior to him training in yi quan, while he was still a 5th dan judo, 4th in kendo and iaido respectively. Yi Quan was called the Great Achievement art because it got china many wins.

Yi Quan's training method is mostly Zhan Zhuang (Standing Meditation) but also has many other methods of generating power such as san shou (Actual sparring both with weapons and without) and pushing hands and Staff work for generating power. Also bag and pad work.

Yi Quan has influence from different martial arts such as Western Boxing (The footwork) and Xing Yi for its 5 elements and hitting with the whole body (This is what you mostly see in the techniques i posted above!).

Pretty good art actually. If you're into internal, that is. There's especially a good teacher in finland who teaches step by step Yi Quan, each step (or unit) you have to do a test and progress further, so its only as much as you put in your training is as much as you'll be profficient in the art. I'd suggest you research this art, for those who dont like the way Xing Yi is taught or for whatever other reasons you might find).

Also, Kenichi Sawai later trained with the famous Mas Oyama, founder of Karate Kyokushin!

Jeice
4/28/2005 8:41pm,
I don't quite understand the illutrations, could you make a video demonstrating the techniques?? It would be a great help.

pauli
4/29/2005 5:32am,
i think jekyll is right - dance instructions. especially the ones without a partner. chinese breakdancing? you can tell it's not brazilian derived breakdancing, cause there's no groundwork.

A.D.D
4/29/2005 9:22am,
Yi Quan has influence from different martial arts such as Western Boxing (The footwork) and Xing Yi for its 5 elements and hitting with the whole body (This is what you mostly see in the techniques i posted above!).

Ah.. Uh..

I also have a request for more videos produced by yourself.

Emphasis added.