PDA

View Full Version : Te No Kage!'s latest Judo demo

Pages : [1] 2

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:09pm,
just got these pics onto my computer, did this demo for Earth Day yesterday, kind of a fly by the seat of my pants for a crowd. I did about 10 different throws then showed some ne waza techniques, then J (the other guy) and I did a little bit of rolling with me tapping him with a shoulder choke. What's funny is that I accidentally got knee'd in the cheek, which resulted in a shiner on my left eye and one of my front teeth got chipped. I thought I wouldn't need a mouthguard just for a demo.

EDIT: We really need a Judo icon

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:11pm,
showing backmount

BSDaemon
4/24/2005 1:16pm,
get your hooks in man!!

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:17pm,
backmount 2

BSDaemon
4/24/2005 1:18pm,
OK thats more like it :biggrin:

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:18pm,
collar choke, you got to love the look on his face

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:19pm,
Omoplata, the move whitebelts dare not try

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:20pm,
triangle

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:21pm,
when we were rolling, got mount to set up the shoulder choke, this is right after I got knee'd in the face, probably can see my left cheek a little swollen

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:22pm,
finish the shoulder choke

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:23pm,
ude garami

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 1:29pm,
setting up the ude garami

kind of wish my wife could have gotten more pictures of me throwing J as he was getting a lot of air, but her camera was too slow so there was just a bunch of pictures of me standing over J while he was on the mat

AFS
4/24/2005 7:48pm,
Nice pictures.
Where are you practicing?
Are these tiles on the wall?
Are you in an empty pool or something?
What is 'Earth Day"?

To get good photos of throws, you not only need a fast camera. The best judo photographers such as Bob Willingham or DavidFinch play judo themself or have been round long enough to "read " a fight and anticipate the throw.

I have a large collection of judo pictures taken by myself, which bascally show: One guys bum and the other guy lying on the floor.

You will find great judo pictures ( and I still think the old black+white shots are the best) on www.judophotos.com byDavid Finch hiimself. Or on Bob's page www.twoj.org

Wounded Ronin
4/24/2005 7:59pm,
Chipped your teeth!? Damn!

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 8:03pm,
Nice pictures.
Where are you practicing?
Are these tiles on the wall?
Are you in an empty pool or something?
What is 'Earth Day"?

The demo was in an auditorium at a community center. Yes, those are tiles on the wall, we were on a stage which is how my wife was able to get low shots of us.

Earth day is an american holiday to celebrate enviormental conservation. But these days it just seems like an excuse for non-bathing hippie wannabe's to get together and act like they're normal and actual helping society beyond smoking too much weed and eating too many funions.

Te No Kage!
4/24/2005 8:04pm,
Chipped your teeth!? Damn!

only chipped one tooth, and actually it isn't a tooth anymore it's a cap, because I've already broke the front two out before, you can't tell by looking but I can feel it on my tongue.