PDA

View Full Version : Who sparred with SubTerran?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TakeAnother
3/31/2005 7:16pm,
Does anyone remember the real name of the poster who posts as "SubTerran"? Apparently he was at a throwdown.

I'm sure his Canadian Systema instructors would love to know how he's representing (driving business away) Systema on this board.

Phrost
3/31/2005 7:17pm,
Not for the next 6 days he's not.

Transcendent Sunchips
3/31/2005 7:31pm,
I've done some work with SubTerran.

He's a good guy and he's a good grappler based on my knowledge of grappling. I got some good input from him as to my bad habits I have coming from a pure striking art into MMA sparring. He's a good guy to talk to outside the boards although I've only met him twice and that was at the Throwdowns.

SubTerran is not the personification of Systema. He does not represent Systema on this board, just like how I don't represent my art and you don't represent yours. I don't think his instructors really care how he acts on these boards.

TakeAnother
3/31/2005 7:35pm,
I beg to differ.

Systema is a new style met widely with skepticism. Systema instructors are desperately trying to gain acceptance (and new clients) in the MA world. I think they would care very much if a self-appointed Systema representative was spewing anti-semitic remarks on a website people use to judge the validity of MAs. I know I would.

But I have a feeling you're not going to tell me the name.

jubei33
3/31/2005 7:38pm,
Does anyone remember the real name of the poster who posts as "SubTerran"? Apparently he was at a throwdown.

I'm sure his Canadian Systema instructors would love to know how he's representing (driving business away) Systema on this board.

what makes you so sure of that? are you one of his instructors? are you the systema police?

step off his nuts dork

PizDoff
3/31/2005 8:18pm,
*Shrugs*

Come to TO and have a nice discussion with him then.

I don't really see the point of this thread, you represent yourself, that's it.

Transcendent Sunchips
3/31/2005 8:19pm,
I beg to differ.

Systema is a new style met widely with skepticism. Systema instructors are desperately trying to gain acceptance (and new clients) in the MA world. I think they would care very much if a self-appointed Systema representative was spewing anti-semitic remarks on a website people use to judge the validity of MAs. I know I would.

But I have a feeling you're not going to tell me the name.

Firstly, I don't keep up with all the activities on the boards, so all I know is that he's been suspended and that's it. So if he actually announced that he is Systema, I wouldn't know about it.

I think a website is the last place Systema needs to look for acceptance. As good a resource Bullshido is for MAs, an art's validity isn't accepted because Bullshido says so. Nor does it have anything to do with its practitioner's personality. Every art has an asshole student here, but that doesn't take away the credibility of the art.

I can't give you his name because I don't even know it myself. Hell, I didn't even know he was SubTerran until a few days after his last Throwdown. When I see him, I say Hey!. As far as I can remember, it's one of those common russian names.

Omega Supreme
3/31/2005 8:28pm,
All I know is when I show up to Torronto he better be there. I don't like being called a lawyer...I mean liar.

patfromlogan
3/31/2005 8:33pm,
....was spewing anti-semitic remarks.....

Is that right? Anti Jew?

Omega Supreme
3/31/2005 8:36pm,
Is that right? Anti Jew?

No, anti sculpting.

HAPKO3
3/31/2005 8:42pm,
Honestly, I think that reporting him to whatever Systema authorities would be a pretty shitty thing to do. I may not like the kid and may want to kick his ass, but snitching on him is, IMHO, is inappropriate. His bigotry is between him and his aristocratic conscience. There's no reason to take this any further.

Omega Supreme
3/31/2005 8:45pm,
Eh, the only ironic part of this whole thing was how personally he took the whole Canadian Joke thing and then he turns out to be worse than guilty. Ah well, we all know a lot of people will act completely different on the internet than they do in real life.

patfromlogan
3/31/2005 8:52pm,
No, anti sculpting.
So let me get this straight. He's anti systema, anti semetic AND anti sculpting?

Oh, I know I could look at the thread, but it seemed so long.....

pauli
3/31/2005 8:57pm,
how can you be anti sculpting? mrs peel was a sculptress, and damn hot!

patfromlogan
3/31/2005 9:11pm,
Maybe this is the kind of sculpting he's against.

http://www.exrx.net/Store/HKImages/SculptingHerBodyPerfect.jpg

Camus
3/31/2005 9:13pm,
PUSH IT! YEAH!