PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Boxing Lessons?

Pages : [1] 2

GhostFace4Ever
2/27/2003 9:47pm,
If anyone here is taking boxing lessons I want to know how much your paying for you lessons. There is only one boxing gym in my city and they are charging $60 an hour. Is this too much? Here is his email reply:
"Iím a USA certified boxing coach and have been
boxing/coaching for about 12 years. I fought in the
golden gloves and now I take students to amateur
bouts. In addition, Iím currently training three
professional fighters. I have a private gym located
at my residence (attached is a picture of the gym). I
charge $60 a hour for private boxing lessons, however,
I also sell blocks of lessons as follows: 10 lessons
for $500 or 5 lessons for $250. If you are interested
please let me know.

Randy"
KO Boxing Club

jkd_fighter
2/27/2003 9:59pm,
thats fukking outrageous.

Sheol
2/27/2003 10:10pm,
Go to your local YMCA or PAL (Police Athletic League) and inquire about their boxing programs. Many of their coaches are also USA Boxing certified... they have to be in order to corner for a fighter in USA Boxing.

Regarding the coach you corresponded with. There's no telling how good he is without talking to his fighters, watching them fight, and comparing his fighters' records. Either way, it appears to me that the guy is targeting those that are interested in the professional ring.

What city are you in? Are you looking just to learn boxing or actually looking to compete? If you just want to learn boxing, the YMCA and PALs can help you. If you want to compete, you'll also need to join USA Boxing. Their website is: http://www.usaboxing.org

If you need assistance, post a message for me or send a PM.

Edited by - Sheol on February 27 2003 21:19:41

FingerorMoon?
2/28/2003 12:21am,
From your very short description he sounds like an instructor for an advanced fighter.

Are you looking to refine your already high level of skills?

If your looking for basic instruction for beginner level then I wouldn't pay that much.

--------
Make friends with them until they beg for mercy.
--------

Blad3
2/28/2003 12:31am,
private lessons are worth that much...

PizDoff
2/28/2003 6:08pm,
http://www.fightauthority.com/cmm/viewtopic.php?t=2412

lol, why use two different nicknames?

--
I attack flurriously!
Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.

GhostFace4Ever
3/01/2003 12:24am,
Go to your local YMCA or PAL (Police Athletic League) and inquire about their boxing programs. Many of their coaches are also USA Boxing certified... they have to be in order to corner for a fighter in USA Boxing.

Regarding the coach you corresponded with. There's no telling how good he is without talking to his fighters, watching them fight, and comparing his fighters' records. Either way, it appears to me that the guy is targeting those that are interested in the professional ring.

What city are you in? Are you looking just to learn boxing or actually looking to compete? If you just want to learn boxing, the YMCA and PALs can help you. If you want to compete, you'll also need to join USA Boxing. Their website is: http://www.usaboxing.org

If you need assistance, post a message for me or send a PM.

Edited by - Sheol on February 27 2003 21:19:41

I want to learn boxing and mabey compete. I am also doing wrestling right now so I want to be able to combine both these fine arts.

GhostFace4Ever
3/01/2003 12:27am,
http://www.fightauthority.com/cmm/viewtopic.php?t=2412

lol, why use two different nicknames?

--
I attack flurriously!

Cause I got bored thats why

GhostFace4Ever
3/01/2003 12:31am,
Oh by the way I live in Thousand Oaks, C.A.

PizDoff
3/01/2003 2:22pm,
uh.......huh

--
I attack flurriously!

GhostFace4Ever
3/02/2003 5:30pm,
uh.......huh

--
I attack flurriously!

Can I ask you a question? Why do you have so many posts under your name on so many different postboards?

Sweep The Leg, Johnny
3/02/2003 9:26pm,
My gym is $200/month for 10 lessons, with pretty much unlimited use of the gym. That's the rate for competive fighters who actually need the private training. I'm pretty satisfied with that price, considering the quality of instruction.

kranite
3/02/2003 9:56pm,
$60/hour doesn't seem like all that much to me for private (not semi-private) lessons. Odd that he's doing it out of his house, though. Do you really need private lessons, though? A block of semi-private lessons and a full-time gym membership can probably be had for $250/month in most cities.

kranite
3/02/2003 9:59pm,
My gym is $200/month for 10 lessons, with pretty much unlimited use of the gym. That's the rate for competive fighters who actually need the private training. I'm pretty satisfied with that price, considering the quality of instruction.

-------------------------------
A little pain never hurt anyone.

You get 10 totally private lessons for that? That's amazing.

Sweep The Leg, Johnny
3/02/2003 10:14pm,
no most of the time its a couple guys, and usually its just us sparring

Sweep The Leg, Johnny
3/02/2003 10:15pm,
i think completely private training is like $20 a session