PDA

View Full Version : The best time to gather chi

Pages : [1] 2

PizDoff
3/07/2005 12:02pm,
"is between 11pm and 1am, and 5am and 7am"

Okay, new lesson learned, stop asking people about what they do in martial arts.
Has anyone heard this? I can kinda understand the morning one, like......sun rising or something?

I am still shaking my head and it's been over a week since I heard this....

inde
3/07/2005 1:11pm,
I don't know about the time of day, but you do need a cool coastal area with surrounding mountians or hills and lots of negative ions...

Thax And His Ax
3/07/2005 2:05pm,
I don't know about the time of day, but you do need a cool coastal area with surrounding mountians or hills and lots of negative ions...

wow chi, I dont beleive in this chi that you speak of. its a superstition. and superstitions dont win fights.

:XXspam: :XXspam: :XXspam: :XXspam: :XXspam: :XXspam: :XXspam:

this thread has been spamed :eusa_danc

Zing!
3/07/2005 2:40pm,
I've heard that there are time frames like that used in acupuncture. I actually asked my old Xing Yi teacher about that. He said that the time considerations when talking about chi are related to the way that blood flows during different times of the day. For example, when you have just woken up, your blood will flow differently than it does after you've been walking around for a while. Your blood flow when you've just eaten a large meal is different than your blood flow during a hard day's work.

Poop Loops
3/07/2005 4:01pm,
"is between 11pm and 1am, and 5am and 7am"

Okay, new lesson learned, stop asking people about what they do in martial arts.
Has anyone heard this? I can kinda understand the morning one, like......sun rising or something?

I am still shaking my head and it's been over a week since I heard this....

What if you are an astronaught on say, Mars, or hell, deep space, no view of Earth. Then what?

PL

Method2Madness
3/07/2005 4:44pm,
i read in a book that most believe its best to cultivate in the morning when you wake up and the evening before bed. Since i dont believe in chi i havent really researched anything about it. i think the book i read that info in was " Shaunting Black Tiger" or somthing like that.

inde
3/07/2005 5:23pm,
If you substitute meditate in place of cultivate chi, it becomes much more sensible. Meditate in the morning and at night, reduce your stress level and become more healthy.

EternalRage
3/07/2005 11:11pm,
the one for between 5AM and 7AM.... its cuz ur waking up early in the morning and u will have an even bigger hardon when u wake up. so before all the chi and blood rushes to ur penis u have to catch it in ur dan jun - don't strain too hard tho or else u might fart real loud and **** ur pants.

Te(V)plar
3/08/2005 2:31am,
If you want to collect chi, you must send the hottest big titty bitch you can after me. Her quest will ultimately lead her to my loins. It is there where she must collect this sweet ambrosia of power (using no hands).

PizDoff
3/08/2005 3:30am,
Some of the worst attempts at jokes I have heard in while.

Shadowdh
3/08/2005 4:57am,
I've heard that there are time frames like that used in acupuncture. I actually asked my old Xing Yi teacher about that. He said that the time considerations when talking about chi are related to the way that blood flows during different times of the day. For example, when you have just woken up, your blood will flow differently than it does after you've been walking around for a while. Your blood flow when you've just eaten a large meal is different than your blood flow during a hard day's work.

In other words it has to do with biorythyms... is that it...?? personally I like take out chi... its ready anytime... :5yeah:

Omar
3/08/2005 5:06am,
The specific hours are actually technically wrong.

Change "11pm to 1 am" into "midnight" and 5-7 really means "from before dawn to just after sunrise."

I don't know about the midnight part but the pre-dawn thing means the air is cleanest, your mind tends to be the emptiest, your biorythmn is on an upward slope (you are waking up) and in most places the entire city is the quiest.

citrus538
3/08/2005 5:21pm,
the one for between 5AM and 7AM.... its cuz ur waking up early in the morning and u will have an even bigger hardon when u wake up. so before all the chi and blood rushes to ur penis u have to catch it in ur dan jun - don't strain too hard tho or else u might fart real loud and **** ur pants.
I might have laughed if I could understand what this guy was saying.

PizDoff
3/08/2005 8:39pm,
I do believe it was a reference to the fact that you have more testosterone in the morning.

jkdbuck76
3/08/2005 9:42pm,
Best time to gather chi?

Answer: Late September or early October, right when the chis are dried out and ready to be taken out of the fields.

perdido88
3/09/2005 12:05am,
this is the b.s. about chi or gathering chi. its always so many rules that its impossible to do this. and there are people wasting their lives trying to achieve this.

first, its nothing mystical. there are no superpowers to achieve from gathering chi

second, i agree with the guy about circulation. its different at times, but doing chi exercises are not gonna make you an invincible human being.

third, yes there are better times to train. a muay thai teacher told me its better to train early in the morning or evening. he said there's less traffic in those hours and the air is not so polluted. but then again, if you live in L.A. (where there's smog 24 hrs. a day), its bad for chi?

i am for chinese martial arts, but there's just too much superstition passed as truth. everytime you think you're achieving something, there's always some rule to make it harder and unachievable (is this a proper English word?)