PDA

View Full Version : Most Patches

Pages : [1] 2

strats36
2/26/2003 10:25am,
Is there a Bullshido award for most patches? I think there should be. I nominate this guy!

http://utenti.lycos.it/kayten/hpbimg/rankin.jpg

Can anyone top that?

SamHarber
2/26/2003 10:59am,
Oooohh.. Red belt with at least 8 black tabs!
Is he a Grand Master?

patfromlogan
2/26/2003 12:41pm,
Supreme Grandmaster

Hanshi William A. Rankin

United States Martial Artist Association Director

Supreme Grandmaster Bill Rankin is a 10th Degree Black Belt of the Uchuno Shorin-ryu Karate Style. April 1, 2001 International Matsumura Seito Society Senior Advisor Lifetime member. 2001 International Matsumura Seito Society Grasshopper Award Supreme Grandmaster of the Year. World Head of Family Sokeship Council 2000 International Martial Artist Hall of Fame "Founder's Award". Member of the World Head of Family Sokeship Council as of September 2000. 1998 World Karate Union Hall of Fame Inductee as Grand Master of the Year. 1988 World Karate Grand Champion. Began training in hand to hand combat 1965, jungle warfare 1967, and studied Shito-ryu, Jujitsu, Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do, Escrima, Tai Chi, Kenpo, Kempo, Iaido, Judo, Aikido and several styles of Kung Fu. Trainer of several police officers in Maryland, North Dakota, California, New Mexico, Texas and Florida. Click on the photo for additional information about Supreme Grandmaster William Rankin.

Service Medals and Ribbons

Military Duty November 1, 1965 - September 1, 1988

Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air force Commendation

w/1 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Joint Services

Achievement Medal

Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award Air force Outstanding Unit Award Army Meritorious Unit Commendation
Air Force Good Conduct Medal w/4 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters Army Good conduct Medal National Defense Service Medal Air Force Overseas Short Tour Ribbon
Air Force Overseas Long Tour Ribbon Army Overseas Service Ribbon Air force Longevity Service Ribbon Profession Military Education Graduate Ribbon
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon Air Force Training Ribbon Army Service Ribbon Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross w/Device
Republic of Vietnam Service Ribbon

with 1 Silver Star
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Ribbon
Senior Enlisted Medical Badge Combat Infantry Badge

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama

patfromlogan
2/26/2003 12:47pm,
I'm an old **** like Rankin, and I'd love to take all the patches I've got from dif schools and put them on one uniform. I was wearing my old Kajukenbo gi top once and a Kajukenbo BB saw me and asked what did I think I was doing wearing his school's patch. Told him I'd payed dues to Varga (not the Vargas-a Kajukenbo master) and he let me go - but it could be dangerous.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama

patfromlogan
2/26/2003 1:04pm,
Here's more info on Rankin-sounds like a master to me.

I began training in the martial arts in South Vietnam as a member of the United States Army in 1967 with Groups of the Republic of South Korea Army Corps. Joined the U.S. Air Force in 1971 and in 1975, was fortunate to be assigned military duty in Okinawa. During this period, was introduced to Supreme Master Yuichi Kuda of the Shorin-ryu Kobukan Karate System. Master Kuda was a great man and a great teacher. He taught me how to utilize my combat skills in the Shorin-ryu system and become a better person in the social world. I received my 1st Degree Black Belt March 3, 1977. Master Kuda promoted me to 2nd Degree Black Belt August 2, 1977. In 1979 was promoted to 3rd Degree Black Belt in Dallas Texas and in 1981 to 4th Degree Black Belt in New York City. In 1984 received my 5th Degree Black Belt promotion with the Title of Shihan. In 1986, received the rank of 6th Degree Black Belt. 1989 received, concurrently, the 7th Degree and the 8th Degree Black Belt promotions. In 1996 was promoted to 9th Degree Black Belt with the Title of "Hanshi" and with the blessing of Master Kuda, was allowed to separate from the Kobukan family to form Uchuno Shorin-ryu. This system became the 5th major Shorn-ryu family in the world. On March 1, 1999, the American Okinawan Karate-do Kobujitsu Association promoted me to 10th Degree Black Belt.

Throughout my years of training, I have been awarded 1st Degree Black Belts in Shito-ryu, Jujitsu, Aikido, Kenpo, Kempo, Escrima, Iaido, Judo, Tai Chi, Tae Kwon Do and Tang Soo Do. I have trained in numerous other styles as well, such as Hand to Hand Combat, Jungle Warfare and Kung fu . However, my true love is for Shorin-ryu.

Some other significant accomplishments:1998 World Karate Union, Hall of Fame Inductee as, "Grand Master of the Year." 1988 World Karate Grand Champion. Began training several police officers in Maryland and included Swat Teams from North Dakota, California, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.

I have competed all over the United States as well as in Asia. My tournament wins have been 1st and 2nd place. Though I had my share of losses, I'm proud to have participated and learned much in each case. My greatest win was in the World Karate Championships where I took 1st place in forms and Specialty and received the Grand Champion Trophy in the same field.

strats36
2/26/2003 1:56pm,
I'm a Supreme Grandmaster +1 :)

I'm not making any judgements about his credentials. I'm just saying that guy's got a lot of friggin' patches! I challenge anyone to find a picture with someone wearing more! I think it would be a fun game. Take a picture of your gi with all the patches and post it, patfromlogan. You just may win the grandprize of a free lesson from the numchuck guy!

PizDoff
2/26/2003 2:05pm,
he's a boy scout leader

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.

Hiji kime
2/26/2003 2:05pm,
btw, not that I'm implying anything, but why do the BJJ guys have all those patches on their gis? Sponsors?

PizDoff
2/26/2003 2:55pm,
patches for good deeds, or maybe tourism

--

Sweep The Leg, Johnny
2/26/2003 3:09pm,
Ever seen wallid ismail's gi? :)

JKDChick
2/26/2003 3:37pm,
Sweep the Leg, you have the best user name EVER. And I've seen guys with more patches but sadly had no camera. But it would be a fun contest.

(board breaks with a kick)
"Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"

Berserk411
2/26/2003 4:58pm,
btw, not that I'm implying anything, but why do the BJJ guys have all those patches on their gis? Sponsors?

There mainly sponsers or the team they are on. Not every school they've ever trained at.

FingerorMoon?
2/26/2003 5:50pm,
I have no patches. I feel so...naked.

--------
What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
--------

PizDoff
2/26/2003 6:14pm,
there are other things to wear

--

Ken Oh
2/26/2003 6:36pm,
hah, i've forgotten about patches, we dont' get any in my art, just cooler looking pants ;p

Blad3
2/26/2003 9:05pm,
impressive patfromlogan :O

"Ever seen wallid ismail's gi? :)" lol yes: have you seen Vitor Belforts (I think...)?