PDA

View Full Version : "Machado's cant submit me"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gumby
3/06/2005 4:05am,
Sorry to make another thread about the same topic of Karate forums, but I think this one deserved it own personal attention. This guy here (who's a Japanes Ju Jitsu practitioner) insists that his instructor trained with the Machado brothers and could make himself unsubmittable to them when he so desired.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18299

Posted by Treebranch:

"If he plays your game he will lose. He lost in his mind before he even started. You can teach technique to people, but you can't teach cunning. He was probably from a bad school that is too caught up in Tradition and his art was not alive. That's one example. Do you draw conclusion about people based on one persons actions? If you do, you still have alot to learn, don't you think? Also my teacher has rolled with the Machado Brothers and he made it impossible for them to get submissions, because he didn't play by their rules. Every time he got out of something they said he was cheating, or you can't do that. So should I judge BJJ based on that one account?"

His instructor should fight in Abu Dhabi and claim the $50,000 prize- oh wait, he must have too much "honor" and doesnt train MA for $$$. :dark1:

JKDChick
3/06/2005 4:54am,
*sigh*

Thanks alot. Now I have to go over there again.

feedback
3/06/2005 5:06am,
http://oregonstate.edu/~blackd/american.gif
MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMIT ME MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMIT ME MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMIT ME MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMIT ME MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMIT ME MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMIT ME MACHADO'S CAN'T SUBMI

MrMcFu
3/06/2005 5:47am,
Wing Chung/Ninja/Chi arguement: No Machado has ever submitted me, therefore there exists no proof they can. I do what works for me and it is not designed for competition.

Mr.Miyagi
3/06/2005 7:35am,
Jeez, you dont ALWAYS have to pick on Wing Chun...you do realised its a JJ practioner..pick on them :p.

Jesus couldnt submit me.

Yamabushi
3/06/2005 8:25am,
Jesus couldnt submit me.

Jesus is dead/never existed/ascended to a higher plane/sitting at the right hand of God/living under my bed (delete according to belief) - it's an unfair comparison.

MrMcFu
3/06/2005 8:32am,
TBK can submit jesus.

Jekyll
3/06/2005 8:44am,
Only because he lacks proper endurance.
TBK thinks nothing of a three week religious deathmatch.

El Tejon
3/06/2005 11:27am,
I submitted Jesus once--Jesus Gonzalez from Chicago. However, he had just started.

He's talking about the Machado guy in Dallas? If so, the man is experiencing delusions. :5paperbag

Poop Loops
3/06/2005 4:40pm,
What probably happened was that they decided to play by BJJ rules, but then he kicked and punched anyway, so they had to let him go.

PL

antman
3/06/2005 4:53pm,
He didn't submit 'cause he was choked out.

Antohter point I might have missed. He didn't submit them

SifuAbel
3/06/2005 9:56pm,
What probably happened was that they decided to play by BJJ rules, but then he kicked and punched anyway, so they had to let him go.

PL

Why would one play by someone else's rules?

feedback
3/06/2005 10:01pm,

I bet you go to work complete naked with a prince albert and tell your boss to **** off. Way to never play by somebody else's rules, man. Woooo.

Thaiboxerken
3/06/2005 10:14pm,
I nailed jesus 3 times and stuck him. He submitted after the third day.

Poop Loops
3/07/2005 2:09am,

I dunno, to LEARN something maybe? You won't learn much grappling if you decide to only fall back on your striking abilities.

***I'm the best boxer in the world! I beat Lennox Louis. He couldn't knock me out at all! Never mind the fact that I took him down and started to headbutt him in a boxing rules match. I don't play by those rules.***

PL

Mr.Miyagi
3/07/2005 2:17am,
I nailed jesus 3 times and stuck him. He submitted after the third day.
Haha. ****. :5eek:

Watch out, he is ready to roll again in 3. :angel1: