PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Xing Yi

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

XVampireX
3/02/2005 10:53pm,
Well, i just wanna be a xing yi teacher in the future and i would like to know any advices as for how to teach with aliveness with such a system as xing yi, since its main emphasis is on being calm mostly (Calm, but aware).

What im planning is, full contact sparring each class for at least 30 minutes each with no protections gear everything is allowed except for groin kicks, but groin checks allowed (I.E: To say that - You're open, if you dont guard your groin than you're gonna get it). Well, Since Xing Yi has "forms" as its curriculum and there's no way to remove them then i guess ill just teach forms faster and let students practice the forms at home (For the power generation) and applications to the forms will be done in classes.

What do you think? Anything to add?

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 11:00pm,
**** YOU.

feedback
YE-E-E-E-E-SSSSS

Aesopian
Why don't you just drop the bullshit and teach them to fight?

XVampireX
3/02/2005 11:05pm,
Go to sleep. That's what i've been saying all along...

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 11:06pm,
Well, i just wanna be a xing yi teacher in the future and i would like to know any advices as for how to teach with aliveness with such a system as xing yi, since its main emphasis is on being calm mostly (Calm, but aware).
Oh, I don't know, why don't you actually learn xing yi for at least twice as long as you've been alive? Or better yet, learn a better system.

What im planning is, full contact sparring each class for at least 30 minutes each with no protections gear everything is allowed except for groin kicks, but groin checks allowed (I.E: To say that - You're open, if you dont guard your groin than you're gonna get it).
I think you should just hit each other in the balls with melon hammers.

Well, Since Xing Yi has "forms" as its curriculum and there's no way to remove them then i guess ill just teach forms faster and let students practice the forms at home (For the power generation) and applications to the forms will be done in classes.
Yeah, I can see people falling all over themselves to pay you to tell them to learn forms from a book at home.

What do you think? Anything to add?
Stop living in fantasy land.

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 11:09pm,
Martial Arts Experience:
XingYiQuan/BaguaZhang, I own you...

You're a 15-year old kid who does xing yi. You own no one.

P.S. ALLAH HU ACKBAR

Aesopian
3/02/2005 11:10pm,
What are your qualifications for teaching besides being a straight edge undead who feasts upon the living?

XVampireX
3/02/2005 11:15pm,
I hope you die

Aesopian
3/02/2005 11:17pm,
You'll need to take more than Xing Yi and Bagua if you want that dream to become a reality.

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 11:18pm,
Does Xing Yi encompass shooting kids with rubber bullets? Because I think you would be at the mercy of Undead Arafat's pubestache.

feedback
3/02/2005 11:24pm,
Why teach xing yi when in a real streetfight you can run over their house and family with a bulldozer like the filthy inhuman vermin they are?

antonanton
3/02/2005 11:27pm,
why do you want to teach? Having your students Fight full contact without any protective gear is just going to get you a pile of law suits. Why not wear protective gear and go full contact- that would make a whole lot more sense- I wouldn't want to fight anyone without at least a mouth piece and gloves.

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 11:28pm,
why do you want to teach? Having your students Fight full contact without any protective gear is just going to get you a pile of law suits. Why not wear protective gear and go full contact- that would make a whole lot more sense- I wouldn't want to fight anyone without at least a mouth piece and gloves.

What gear is going to protect them from the righteous wrath of my, no, ALLAH'S rockets?!

antonanton
3/02/2005 11:43pm,
http://www.swordsandarmor.com/images/AR008_Torso.JPG

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 11:46pm,
http://www.swordsandarmor.com/images/AR008_Torso.JPG
That **** didn't work during your filthy english crusades. What makes you think it will work now?