PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Millis, Shark Tank

patfromlogan
3/02/2005 9:32pm,
Eddy Millis or the Shark Tank is putting on a grappling/MT seminar Saturday here in Logan. Cost $50 pre paid, $70 at the door.

Is his training for four hours worth the cost? Should I encourage my 16 year old son (limited ground, good standup) to attend. Should I attend? (Actually a moot point, after a partial sep of right shoulder, lesson = "Never clinch with a fucking Judoka," I'm not about to go hard for months....)

Omega Supreme
3/02/2005 9:38pm,
*ahem....

**** Eddie Millis....

You may go on to your normal discussion now.

Vargas
3/02/2005 11:21pm,
Shark Tank is one of the few schools in the Southwest that I never really cared for. They always strutted around Grappler's Quest like they were the Cobra Kai dojo from 'The Karate Kid'. Then they would get beat by all the Cali grapplers and walk around all depressed.

I've never been to a seminar, so I have no idea what's considered a good price. I wouldn't give those guys my money just on general principle, but hey, that's just me.

Red Elvis
3/02/2005 11:29pm,
*ahem....

**** Eddie Millis....

You may go on to your normal discussion now.

I second that!

much love
3/03/2005 10:48am,
I had a funny experience at the shark tank 4-5 years ago. I was traveling to rancho cucamonga on business (doing marketing work for a supplement company). And was looking for a place to spar San Shou. I went to the Shark Tank.
I believe I trained there 3 or 4Xs. I gave some of the fellas concentrated cervine velvet antler (high in growth factors). They experienced higher energy and faster recovery. A few of the fellows offered to sport the logo on their trunks for free product. They said they liked me and just wanted to help out in addition to gaining product. Our target market was anti-aging/old people but I did it anyway. The next thing I know I am getting calls from Eddie who was pissed he wasn't cut in. He then absconded w/ the majority of product and gave his fighters 1 bottle a piece instead of the 4-5 a piece I brought. The fighters were all pretty pissed and they started leaving the shark tank shortly thereafter. Then Bobby Hoffman's 19 year old girl friend started calling me asking me for sponsorship money. Huh?
That was right before his UFC loss and subsequent meth induced freakout that landed him in the slammer. In short, my experience was mixed. I enjoyed the training and company of Marcos Savadra, John Cole and John Alesi quite a bit. Iwas a little concerned about Eddie cause he was so pissed. And Bobby Hofman was very disrespectful to me and I thought he was a big mean bully. The best part was I rolled with Markos a few times and realized I needed to work the ground more. I started training BJJ shortly thereafter.

Respect!

Little Idea
3/03/2005 11:17am,
Pat,

That's about what you will pay for seminar around here.

I don't know much about Eddie Millis, but it seems that people are giving him a personal thumbs down.

Saturday, there is also a Matt Lindland seminar in Ogden.

Does your boy play any sports? He is still in high school, so you might get him into wrestling.

patfromlogan
3/03/2005 1:11pm,
I tried to get him into hs wrestling and he refused. Said that it took too much time and that a lot of jerk jocks were in it. I pointed out that if he joined they probably wouldn't act like jerk jocks. Then at a parent/teacher conference we talked to the coach and sure enough, he acted like a stereotypical jerk jock himself, and one with a big chip on his shoulder. When I mentioned that we were both karate students he launched into putting down karate and how karate people think they are tough. Since our own instructor, Pat Smith loves wrestling and going to the ground, I tried to be polite and gently inform him. He ended up just pissing me off and I felt like kicking him in the teeth. Just like my boss once who said, "Yeah karate, huh, I got something that will win in here." And patted his desk drawer where he kept his gun. I was thinking that come a fight you'll never get anywhere near that gun because I'll break your arms, dope. Fucking egomaniac jock/coach moron, see the same type of dopes in martial arts. I try to avoid them. Sounds like Millis might be the same kind.

Too bad about Millis's reputation, Henry was willing to go to this

Omega Supreme
3/03/2005 4:35pm,
Shark Tank is one of the few schools in the Southwest that I never really cared for. They always strutted around Grappler's Quest like they were the Cobra Kai dojo from 'The Karate Kid'. Then they would get beat by all the Cali grapplers and walk around all depressed.

I've never been to a seminar, so I have no idea what's considered a good price. I wouldn't give those guys my money just on general principle, but hey, that's just me.

Yeah that kinda sums it up for me and I live in the same fucking state so I have to hear that **** all the time. My one question for a while was "is Millis showing up because if he does I won't". He ducked out top grappling coach for about a year before we gave up on it.

En
3/03/2005 6:01pm,
Lalalala, Marcelo Garica taught class on Tuesday, lalalalala.

Omega Supreme
3/03/2005 6:19pm,
****, why don't you just fly me over, I would've done the seminar for cheaper and (don't laugh) less ego.