PDA

View Full Version : We dnot need no stniknig selpl chceekr!!

Leodom
3/02/2005 4:22pm,
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

WingChun Lawyer
3/02/2005 4:25pm,
Haerd aoubt it, it is vrey itresntnig.

Thaiboxerken
3/02/2005 4:29pm,
References please.

Meex
3/02/2005 4:30pm,
y'all ever seen that page where every word in incorrect, but is a correctly spelled word - just not the right word?

You can't read it, but it passes spell check!

`~/

Leodom
3/02/2005 4:34pm,
References please.

Sorry, I don't take the "Cambridge Study" thing seriously. I just find it interesting that I had no trouble reading it even though every word had the letters jumbled.

As for the mis-spelled words which pass the spell checker, I think this poem may be what you're talking about.

Owed to a Spell In Chequer
I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks eye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
You'll bee reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud.
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

And now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know faults with in my cite.
Of none eye am a wear.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed to be a joule.
The checker poured oar every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

That's why aye brake in two averse
By righting wants two pleas.
Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear for pea seas!.

(Arthur knot noun)

chaosexmachina
3/02/2005 4:47pm,
Soemtmies yuo dno't eavn ntoice thye're sepleld wnorg!

Poop Loops
3/02/2005 5:11pm,
This is SO old.

PL

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3/02/2005 5:36pm,
I've always wondered how that method compensates for words like internet and inherent, which have the same amount of letters and the same first and last letter.

chaosexmachina
3/02/2005 5:39pm,
There's no H in internet, so no confusion. It would be more likely that you would confuse two words that had the same amount of letters, as well as the same letters, just in different order (hence two different words).

Shuma-Gorath
3/02/2005 6:07pm,
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

you're no gravedigger

PizDoff
3/02/2005 9:04pm,
This is SO old.

PL

Actually, months ago I was looking for the thread on this 'topic' in the old 'Off-Topic' forum. Failed. And now look what happens. :sad3: :angry7:

feedback
3/02/2005 9:07pm,
you're no gravedigger

I THINK THIS IS EXPLAINABLE; TERRORISTS HAVE KIDNAPPED LEODOM'S FAMILY AND HAS THREATENED TO KILL THEM SHOULD HE MAKE AN INTERESTING POST ON A FORUM. HERE'S HOPING FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF HIS FAMILY :911flag: