PDA

View Full Version : Ashida Kim's forum on how to be immune to guard-slam

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Wounded Ronin
2/28/2005 1:59am,
Apparently, on the Ashida Kim's forum, you are immune to the guard slam if you know a simple counter.

Here's a counter to that slam: Prop my feet on their hips and push, to extend their arms promoting less strength in their arms, while I pull their head in, so they must lift with their lower back, and start going for that damn front choke, gouge eyes, get a weapon from my pocket, or a pin from my hair, etc.

The proof that this will make you un-slammable?

First off, I come to my friend's house [where I am now] to use the internet, as I don't have a computer, yet. Her husband is over 200lbs. and is a fireman. He's in his thirties, and has muscles like you wouldn't believe. I just tried the move I suggested against the slam, and it worked. He was unable to keep his balance, and if I pushed hard enough [we did this 10 times to make sure], he was falling back down on his butt, and I sat up, and was able to easily get his eyes, throat, or shove his head away, pass his arms, and get away. This happend more frequently, as I got better at this. I don't weigh much more than 100lbs., but I was able to escape someone who outweighs me by at least 100lbs. and when he stood up within my guard, it behooved him to step forward. So I went for the front choke, that last time. If he steps back, well he falls down when I push on his hips. I can do this from the guard...I don't see why I must keep my legs locked. I had him go as fast as he felt he could, and he still never slammed me once. I was either able to escape or recover.

Second...if you see fit to post that I, as a girl, am inferior to men, just because "you are a girl," then I will see fit to delete your post. I'm sorry, but it's sexist, not fact. I've proven it wrong, and will continue to prove it wrong. Women may not be *as* capable as *some* men, but we still are capable. If this is your opinion, however, please keep it to yourself. Until it is fact, it is useless. And as long as I'm alive...it will never be fact.

See? It is literally impossible to guard slam anyone who knows the counter. And if you disagree, you'll be deleted.

http://p206.ezboard.com/fashidakimmessageboardsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=31 0.topic

Jay Zarella
2/28/2005 2:05am,
That was my post and she didnt do my exercize properly . I tried to convey that in a street fight her head would be smacked on the pavement

as usual I was bannned

Toby Christensen
2/28/2005 2:09am,
What's a guard slam?

chaosexmachina
2/28/2005 2:13am,
This thread makes my head hurt.

Jay Zarella
2/28/2005 2:19am,
What's a guard slam?

I pick her 100 pound ass up in the guard and slam her into the ground.

beka
2/28/2005 2:21am,
That Aikido girl worries me. I think she really overestimates herself a bit, when this is nothing to **** around with. I've known a lot of men who got into a lot of fights. My dad was a champion wrestler in his youth, and he was able to get out of a lot of jams that way. Even later, as a high school teacher, he was able to break up fights by pinning guys. I've had boyfriends who were cops and bouncers and who just generally hung out with scuzzy people. They've all been in fights. I know one guy who got a pint glass smashed into his face (he's a bouncer). Another friend of mine, who is actually a black belt, got slammed in the face with a bat while he was riding his bike-- someone popped out of a bush as he was riding past, broke his jaw, stole his guitar, and ran off.

As much physical pain as these altercations resulted in, as much as they just plain sucked to be involved with, they all manged to heal and move on. They don't live every day thinking about that one fight they lost, About that gash, or the broken bones, or the black eye. With a stupid fight like that, it happens, and then it's over. Once the physical healing is done, it's done. Maybe some men are traumatized, but none of the ones I've known have ever had nightmares about a bar room brawl.

It just doesn't work that way for rape. The violation is on such a different level, and I don't think women can approach self defense the same way a man can. The reality of the situation is that it is most likely going to be someone we already know, someone we trusted, who has turned on us. Gaining overconfidence in our A|\|71 G124PP73 is misleading.

I could go on, but I won't. It's depressing this time of night.

Jay Zarella
2/28/2005 2:29am,
she should worry you, thats why I needed to straighten her out again. she lives in fantasy land the problem is other women may decide to use her advice.

she is bullshido.

Fantasy Warrior
2/28/2005 4:05am,
the grappling advice sux superbigtime

MrMcFu
2/28/2005 5:11am,
Any smart grappler would then pin her legs and pass the guard.

Side control and with a 100lb advantage, game, set, match.

Or if you are Omega you can just heel hook her ankle into next teusday.

JohnnyCache
2/28/2005 8:12am,
That counter certainly does rely on quite an assumption set on her part.

AG seems like she's almost washed away by AK's ninja mind control...she's an impassioned debator, it'd be interesting to see what she'd be like if her mind was free...

ArmchairNinja
2/28/2005 8:45am,
A lot of these anti-grapple techniques seem to base on the false assumption that the grappler will just stand there and try to pull off the technique with brute force, even after the opponent starts using his/her leet ninja tricks. I wonder if this is because of the inherently wrong method of practice in tma's, where the opponent performs an attack and then freezes with an extended arm for you to work your techniques on.

Jay Zarella
2/28/2005 9:57am,
Once again she didnt do the exercize right. She did a prepositioned exercize! that wasnt what I told her to do and if she tried to "push-off" as she says easily passed into a side mount and smacked hard. Keep in mind that this Fireman wasnt reigning blows down on her. She does however interest me as all Japanese hentai charachters do......

no matter ill just proxy my way back in besides their is a whole section with regards to her advancement. this 'exercize' will continue

still you have to award her something for practising I just wish she would shut her trap about being "mrs ashida kim badass" and telling people what to do in situations........this kid isnt qualified..........

if she wasnt such a dumb bitch I have an old Dell 486 in the basement somewhere that I would have sent her so she could communicate instead of using her friends computer all the time.

Damn I need to see a shrink about this "hentai affliction" im suffering from

AG seems like she's almost washed away by AK's ninja mind control...she's an impassioned debator, it'd be interesting to see what she'd be like if her mind was free... Thanks John as always you add a voice of reason to the discussion

Jekyll
2/28/2005 10:30am,
I can pull them down into the guard, which I'm just now learning how to do, as I've been practicing BJJ with my boyfriend/training partner for 6 months now. Not the whole system, but the absolutely essencial stuff first:
http://p206.ezboard.com/fashidakimmessageboardsfrm2.showMessageRange?topic ID=301.topic&start=1&stop=20

Well that explains it. She's not realy learning BJJ.

Jay Zarella
2/28/2005 10:47am,
Man someone just posted Arona being slammed off the canvas had to be a bullshidoist?

Regardless, I rest my case.

ArmchairNinja
2/28/2005 12:13pm,
That Aikido girl belongs to the worst imaginable risk group of martial artists. She has obviously no clue about the realities of combat, she believes her aikido makes her omnipotent, and worst of all she refuses to acknowledge that the average woman is physically significantly weaker than the average man. I can imagine her doing "bjj drills" with her sissy boyfriend, who's keeping his mouth shut about the real state of things in fear of being labeled a sexist bastard.

ArmchairNinja
2/28/2005 12:16pm,
Btw jayz, tune down a bit on the sarcasm. You're being too obvious :)