PDA

View Full Version : Does this look like Bullshido to you?

Hiji kime
2/24/2003 12:55pm,
http://www.uscra.info/home.htm

It does to me ..:)

Omen Stone
2/24/2003 12:59pm,
lol there way too much effort in that site! Flashing text! Amry dudes don't akido! Training video of the untouchable master! All they need is "Would you like TKD with that?"

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Edited by - Omen Stone on February 24 2003 12:00:03

patfromlogan
2/24/2003 4:06pm,
OK, so the diet isn't going all that well!

They look ok to me, but what do I know?

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama

Blad3
2/24/2003 4:55pm,
well it looks like he or some1 likes MMA...

FingerorMoon?
2/24/2003 6:32pm,
Where is the fat instructor ?

--------
What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
--------

Kensai
2/25/2003 8:27am,
REAL Aikido huh??

I guess this Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido I study is the UNREAL version........ lol.

The guy in the blue kedogi and Hakama is not doing the Ikkyo Undo very well.......

I also cant see any linage to O Sensei, which is not very good for an Aikido dojo.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba

SamHarber
2/25/2003 9:29am,
I suppose it varies from country to country how well documented the lineage is. In the UK, its pretty clear cut for the Aikikai and the other mainstream organisations, its just organisations like the Aikido Union England that have very tenuous links to Hombu (Pat Stratford claims 8th Dan for gods sake)
See http://www.aikido-union.fsnet.co.uk/index.html for a fine McAikido

Fighty McGee
2/25/2003 10:40am,
Now that's just sad.

gong sau
2/25/2003 12:56pm,
Very. Did you see the "About AUE" page? It starts like this, and I quote, "The Aikido Union was formed in PUT_DATE_HERE by Master Pat Stratford. Master Stratford had trained under Master Tanaka at the PUT_DOJO_HERE in Japan and wanted to start an organisation which would follow the traditional path the Japanese themselves wished to follow."

What's with the "PUT_DATE_HERE" and "PUT_DOJO_HERE" crap? He doesn't remember the name of his dojo? That's messed.

Fighty McGee
2/25/2003 1:11pm,
The Hassan-Chop Aikijujutsu Alliance was founded by Fighty McGee, after a long association with many inscrutable asian types and an apprenticeship with the mountain hermit, Oh-Solo-Me-O (tm). It was during the psychic transmission of the total art in INSERT DATE HERE that Grandmaster Soke Professor McGee was instantly added to the roster of training partners for the Tokyo Riot Police, the U.S. Navy Seals, and the Special Olympics Judo Team. G.S.P. McGee holds the one true martial legacy in Hassan-Chop Aikijujutsu, and will gladly help those people of true warrior spirit to establish franchises. G.S.P. McGee holds the highest honor in all the martial arts, the Candy-Stripe Sash and 33rd Degree Mason Sun-visor.

SamHarber
2/26/2003 5:36am,
I'm actually prepared to let the INSERT_PROBLEM_HERE on the website slide, as they're just placeholders for information that will probably never be filled in. What I object to, is the 8th Dan grade he claims (seeing as the highest Hombu grade is 6th Dan in the UK, and in Europe its only 7th Dan (Christian Letissier).
Also, the "special ceremony" at the Japanese embassy was a typical meet and greet affair, with him being picked as a representative of the aikido community and thus doing something to help spread Japanese culture. I suspect he did quite a lot of lobbying to be included in the first place.
I'm appalled at his self promotion.

Kensai
2/26/2003 5:41am,
Sam do you know who the highest Dan grade was to come out of "The Hut"?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba

SamHarber
2/26/2003 7:54am,
Best of my knowledge its Bill Smith at 6th Dan

patfromlogan
2/26/2003 8:50am,
Fighty McGee The Hassan-Chop Aikijujutsu Alliance was founded by Fighty McGee, after a long association with many inscrutable asian types and an apprenticeship with the mountain hermit, Oh-Solo-Me-O (tm). It was during the psychic transmission of the total art in INSERT DATE HERE that Grandmaster Soke Professor McGee was instantly added to the roster of training partners for the Tokyo Riot Police, the U.S. Navy Seals, and the Special Olympics Judo Team. G.S.P. McGee holds the one true martial legacy in Hassan-Chop Aikijujutsu, and will gladly help those people of true warrior spirit to establish franchises. G.S.P. McGee holds the highest honor in all the martial arts, the Candy-Stripe Sash and 33rd Degree Mason Sun-visor.

HA HA HA LMAO! Did you help out Special Olympic Judo Team just so you could do some fondling?

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama

Stipe
2/26/2003 8:50am,
>> The guy in the blue kedogi and Hakama is not doing the Ikkyo Undo very well...

What a wanker, is he not?

- Stipe -

Fighty McGee
2/26/2003 10:50am,
Pat,
It's all about the huggin!