PDA

View Full Version : Crap my own cousin is doing bullshido.

meowrsx
2/26/2005 3:47pm,
Everyone in my family calls what I do karate or kung fu, and I just laugh because I don't feel like arguing with my elders about the combat effectiveness of martial arts during holidays.

So anyways, I guess my cousin thought what I do is pretty cool, so he joined this kung fu school because his friend from school goes there. It's some place in Flushing, NY where the chinese teacher only speaks chinese and it's all chinese kids. And my cousin doesn't even know the name of the kung fu he's learning. He said there's like different schools in that school, and each one teaches something different. This immediately made me think of the mystical chambers of shaolin where one grandmaster teaches the secret punching techniques and another teaches the kicking and the other the chi blasting etc. He also hasn't had to buy any gear at all, so I assume there is little to no contact so far.

I would talk to him about it, except I think I'd come off as either being jealous that someone else in the family is doing "kung fu" or that his school is better than mine. Also, he doesn't have that many friends, and if he gets to hang out with his friend there and he enjoys it I don't want to ruin that. ****. I should challenge his grandmaster to a deathmatch shouldn't I.

Jay Zarella
2/26/2005 4:15pm,
Whats the name of the school? Try to find out with very little to go on how can you know its bullshido.......

Ming Loyalist
2/26/2005 4:51pm,
there are some excellent teachers in flushing. don't be so quick to call bullshido without more info.

also, are you going to come to the nyc throwdown on march 20th? if so invite him to come along as well, even if just to watch. i'll be happy to talk to him about CMA and the telltale signs of bullshido.

feedback
2/26/2005 6:24pm,
If the students are mostly chinese, not white, then the school probably isn't that bad.

Epigram
2/26/2005 6:28pm,
white people = Bullshido? first they are kicked out of basketball now Kung Fu.

It is Fake
2/26/2005 6:44pm,
white people = Bullshido? first they are kicked out of basketball now Kung Fu.

Basketball please they all moved up the ladders and got the minorities doing the sweaty work just like the old days.:)

Isn't the cost of gyms getting so expensive that many different styles teach out of the same building. So, you get Crapped mixed in with good MA. Don't think because they share a building your cousin is doing Bullshido.

Poop Loops
2/26/2005 7:29pm,
How about just talking to him about it? I can't imagine saying "so, I hear you started martial arts, too. What style? What do you do in class?" and sounding like an ass.

PL

Epigram
2/26/2005 7:32pm,
"I hear youre the only white guy. They must be doing something right."

Macistani
2/26/2005 7:34pm,
How about just talking to him about it? I can't imagine saying "so, I hear you started martial arts, too. What style? What do you do in class?" and sounding like an ass.

PL

If you can't imagine it, you're not saying it right.

So, I heard yo gimp ass is starting martial arts? What lame-ass little stylist tricks are you trying to learn? What cheesy, chi-powered bs do you do in class? Do you even spar or just meditate on each others' bannannas?

Poop Loops
2/26/2005 8:17pm,
I meant saying what I said verbatim and sounding like an ass.

PL

feedback
2/26/2005 8:19pm,
"I hear youre the only white guy. They must be doing something right."

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Jay Zarella
2/26/2005 8:23pm,
If you can't imagine it, you're not saying it right.

So, I heard yo gimp ass is starting martial arts? What lame-ass little stylist tricks are you trying to learn? What cheesy, chi-powered bs do you do in class? Do you even spar or just meditate on each others' bannannas?

Jesus fucking christ!!! Im waiting on the edge of my seat(not really) from Pete Puket about the reality of Satori martial arts deliberating a throwdown because he threatened a 17 year old! and you guys are squabbling ????

this section of the forum is dedicated to debunking not infighting

get lost!!!!

PoleFighter
2/26/2005 8:43pm,
Sounds like you're drawing hasty conclusions. It's not bullshido just because it's kung fu. Also, a lot of schools have gear that they lend to beginners. It's also possible that they just haven't started sparring yet.

meowrsx
2/26/2005 11:28pm,
Hmm, now that I think about it and look back at what I wrote, I'm probably (hopefully) making stupid assumptions. Maybe I'll go and check it out next weekend.

At any rate, I don't think I'm gonna make the throwdown, I have some stuff to do. I'll ask my cousin if he's up for going though.

celticdragon03
2/27/2005 1:32am,
From what you said about the school it really doesn't sound bad. He probably hasn't started sparring yet if he just started. Just like someone else said, kung-fu is not a bad style, it's the school that makes it bullshido. Just like there ARE good karate and tae kwon do schools. See if the school hs a website and post it on here, then maybe we can be better judges.

Greese
2/27/2005 3:10pm,
Yeah, you know most schools aren't going to have the kids fighting the first day.