PDA

View Full Version : The I Love Gatti Thread

Pages : [1] 2

JKDChick
2/25/2005 7:51pm,
Quite simply there are not enough threads about why he rocks so much. So here is a catch all.

Older reason:

-- The Gatti/Ward fights are the best boxing matches EVER

New Reason:

-- He makes me want to be a pure boxer

Other reasons added later.

JKDChick
2/25/2005 7:51pm,
Oh, and he's from CANADA.

JKDChick
2/25/2005 8:04pm,
I also love Phrost 'cause he moved this to the right forum.

Carbon
2/25/2005 8:23pm,
Yeah Gatti was real great when De la Hoya WHOOPED HIS ARSE!

Ward and Gatti were good fights, but I would disagree that they were the best ever. As for him being from Canada? Well I don't like Canadians but I like good boxers.

We will see where he goes with his career.

nasty_totoro
2/25/2005 8:37pm,
ali ali ali ali ...

PizDoff
2/25/2005 9:28pm,
I LUV GATTI!!!
I just got back more into watching boxing because of him (and injuries)

I'm missing WArd/Gatti 1, if anyone has that I'll send you the other two Ward/Gatti's or whatever else you want. :D

I also love Phrost 'cause he moved this to the right forum.

Too hard to do it yourself eh? :D

Carbon
2/25/2005 10:01pm,
Let's have a discussion here. Not how much you can kiss JKDChick's ass.

antman
2/27/2005 3:40pm,
Those were heart and sould fights but lacked technical defense.

Traditional Tom
2/27/2005 5:26pm,
My coaches coach (whose coaching us) helped coach the olympic team that Gatti was in a long, long time ago. Naturally that makes me and ol' Thunder practically brothers!

punchingdummy
2/27/2005 6:32pm,
My coaches coach (whose coaching us) helped coach the olympic team that Gatti was in a long, long time ago. Naturally that makes me and ol' Thunder practically brothers!

What was his name?

punchingdummy
2/27/2005 7:10pm,
Oh, and he's from CANADA.

...and since moved to New Joooyzee.

JKDChick
3/01/2005 2:47pm,
Those were heart and sould fights but lacked technical defense.

What, Gatti/Ward?

Yeah.

That's what makes Gatti so special, he turned himself from a PUNCHER to a BOXER who can punch.

Like, Gatti/Leija (I know that's spelled wrong) was absolutely TEXTBOOK excellent boxing, things like "almost land right cross twice, shake right hand, pop the jab" distractions to the BEEEYOOOOOTIIFUL first knockdown of "jab, jab, lay jab hand in his face, here comes the CROSS".

Then, when he had him scared and hurt, Gatti BROUGHT IT ON, like old times. Flurry, flurry, flurry HULK SMASH kinda boxing.

It was AWESOME.

And I'm on record saying that I don't actually like seeing people get hit and I hate the inherent violence in boxing. It was the perfection of tactic and technique that inspired me.

Ronin
3/01/2005 3:04pm,
I'd probably like him more if he talked less.

Traditional Tom
3/01/2005 3:25pm,
What was his name?

Peter. Haven't asked him his last name yet.

ojgsxr6
3/01/2005 3:31pm,
Gatti's good but he's no Bernard Hopkins. Bernard Hopkins, is probably the best pound for pound fighter right now. Constantly changing his style/training for his opponent. He's in better shape than most in his weight class, he could probably go for 20 - 30 rounds. (That's just hearsay, one of the people at the gym where I train, claimed to have watched Bernard Hopkins train, and said that he went 20 rounds sparring with multiple guys in rotation.) Gatti changed his style because he got too old to keep up the style that got him where he is. That's not a bad thing, If Roy Jones Jr. did that he'd still be the Light Heavyweight champion. But what I love about Gatti is that he's a smart fighter, he dropped Dorin ,in the 2nd round I think, with a beautifully setup body shot. He threw a flurry of punches to the head to get him to raise his hands then pow left to the body, down goes Dorin. So basically I wanted to reaffirm that Gatti's great but Bernard Hopkins is better, and profess my love of smart fighters.

Ronin
3/01/2005 3:42pm,
I've never cared much for fighters who hype too much, talk too much.

And yes, Hopkins is something to behold.