PDA

View Full Version : get me up to speed, anything new happened with KCD?

Pages : [1] 2

Rob Kahn
2/25/2005 1:53pm,
all that challenge stuff. has anyone heard anything from those guys recently?

Shuma-Gorath
2/25/2005 4:42pm,
Their message board is still broken, as it has been since the first incident.

Vargas
2/25/2005 5:43pm,
Yeah, but they still have their 'Greatest Hits' archive from the old bulletin board (and it's about what you would expect i.e. a bunch of KCD students kissing John Perkin's ass). They also have a pretty cheesy endorsement quote from Sgt Major Haney, which I'm sure he probably regrets making by now.

Funny you mention KCD, I was browsing the Border's bookstore in Reno the other night and wouldn't you guess it, right there in the Martial Arts section is a copy of "Attackproof". Seriously, I almost bought it just to get it out of circulation before that **** gets someone killed.

Shuma-Gorath
2/25/2005 5:45pm,
I need a jury of my peers so I can start shoplifting all the Ashida Kim books at the local Indigo.

Vargas
2/25/2005 10:14pm,
Amen, broter, then when you get all the ninja books, maybe you can grab all those goddamn Dillman pressure-point fighting books as well. . .

Rob Kahn
2/25/2005 11:11pm,
while your taking books off the shelf, please remove all Gene Simco books but for the love of god dont but them. thanks

Aesopian
2/25/2005 11:15pm,
while your taking books off the shelf, please remove all Gene Simco books but for the love of god dont but them. thanksI was looking at his latest book that is written for the ultra-noob to BJJ. It's like the published form of "If you are having to learn it here, you must not be training in the first place".

Rob Kahn
2/26/2005 1:15pm,
Simco is BJJ's version of Matt Fury. the reality of their skills and the marketing of them are WAAAAY different

Vargas
2/26/2005 3:24pm,
Well, I did my good deed of the day. I had some time to kill after Judo class, so I went by the Barnes and Noble in Pensacola. In the Martial Arts section, they had a Gene Simco book, two Ashida Kim Ninjutsu books and a "Developing your Chi" book by William Cheung. I hid the Gene Simco book in the New Age section and stashed the Chi book and the two Ashida Kim volumes in the Gay and Lesbian section. They didn't have any copies of "Attackproof" or I would have hidden those worthless things in the Weight Loss section.

Just doing my small bit to stamp out Bullshido. . .

Rob Kahn
2/26/2005 5:06pm,
good man Vargas

Wounded Ronin
2/26/2005 5:22pm,
Well, I did my good deed of the day. I had some time to kill after Judo class, so I went by the Barnes and Noble in Pensacola. In the Martial Arts section, they had a Gene Simco book, two Ashida Kim Ninjutsu books and a "Developing your Chi" book by William Cheung. I hid the Gene Simco book in the New Age section and stashed the Chi book and the two Ashida Kim volumes in the Gay and Lesbian section. They didn't have any copies of "Attackproof" or I would have hidden those worthless things in the Weight Loss section.

Just doing my small bit to stamp out Bullshido. . .

Hah, you made me laugh.

In a Borders I once saw Cheung's book on "Developing your Chi", so I showed the book to my dad who was in the store while talking very loudly about how I saw Cheung get grappled on video and how, "HE WAS COMPLETELY HELPLESS, DAD! IT WAS HILARIOUS! I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD BUY THIS BOOK."

I managed to get a couple people to stare at me.

Jay Zarella
2/26/2005 5:36pm,
Hah, you made me laugh.

In a Borders I once saw Cheung's book on "Developing your Chi", so I showed the book to my dad who was in the store while talking very loudly about how I saw Cheung get grappled on video and how, "HE WAS COMPLETELY HELPLESS, DAD! IT WAS HILARIOUS! I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD BUY THIS BOOK."

I managed to get a couple people to stare at me.

Man your dad must have been laughing his ass off, as for the bystanders at least they know the guys a fraud.........

To be honest gang I have been so wrapped-up in my own little world I had no idea how much bullshido was going on in the REAL world. It boggles ones mind!!

It would be nice if whenever someone uses the search header "Martial Arts" Bullshido comes up as the most likely search match.

Im almost thinking about writing a book "Bullshido" this site would be a damn good resource

alex
2/26/2005 6:37pm,
did you just say gang? have we been teleported to an 80s education movie for teens about the dangers of drugs or something?

Jay Zarella
2/26/2005 6:41pm,
did you just say gang? have we been teleported to an 80s education movie for teens about the dangers of drugs or something?

Is "group" better or "people"

Jay Zarella
2/26/2005 6:43pm,
Is "group" better or "people"

there certainly is a danger as far as 'Bullshidoism' or mcdojos are concerned the reasons are obvious.

Deadpan Scientist
2/26/2005 7:08pm,
Im almost thinking about writing a book "Bullshido" this site would be a damn good resource

You might want to run that by the guy that owns the site.