PDA

View Full Version : What is the damn deal...

Pages : [1] 2

Mr.Pickles
2/18/2005 6:09pm,
with all this Xing Yi crap?

Oh and by the way. Hello. I'm Mr. Pickles. I curse alot so you'll have to forgive me.

Anyway, I mull around on this forum alot. I just decided to join today. I've seen alot of Xing Yi questions. "Oh please, someone help me! I want to learn, but I'm a poor bum" or "Help me find some online stuff cause im lazy lolx0rz" or "Let me give you advice on Xing Yi, because I've had three online lessons for free."

What is the damn deal with Xing Yi that makes people go crazy. Why Xing Yi? Why do these people always want things for free?

Poop Loops
2/18/2005 6:17pm,
I don't. I want to pay as much money as possible for whatever I get in return.

PL

Mr.Pickles
2/18/2005 6:22pm,
Well not you. But people like The_Fan. Or Bagelgod.

Deadpan Scientist
2/18/2005 6:25pm,
Xing yi is a disease that destroys rational thought?

badandy
2/18/2005 6:47pm,
Huh. I thought that was mostly Wing Chun.

Dochter
2/18/2005 6:52pm,
Where are these comments?
Must have missed them.

Mr.Pickles
2/18/2005 9:05pm,
Well, I'd find the specific posts, but I'm lazy. They aren't the only fools either. There are other idiots. Specifically ones that I call my friends. I practice MT and BJJ, and these fools are always screwing with me. I mean, don't get me wrong, martial arts are fun, and learning interested arts are cool, blah blah blah. It might be just me, but everybody wants to learn Xing Yi. Whats worse than these people, are the ones that actually do learn it. They end up practicing their crap on me, and I always end up bitch slapping them. After they use some useless technique and I slap them in the face (literally. I do this to prove a point that they never learn. Even after I slap them alot) and then I always here, every damn time, "Oh, well you may have slapped me there, but I would've hit you alot harder." While both of their hands are no where near me. So then I always say go full power, atleast tap me so I know. They do it, I slap them. Then I always hear "Oh, well, but I would've used this technique. Here, do that again." Then I do something different just to screw with them. Anyway, whats the deal. Am I just tasting this for the first time? Why Xing Yi!?

citrus538
2/18/2005 9:52pm,
Xing Yi can be applied faster than most other Chinese martial arts. Your friends, however, are idiots to think that learning a few techniques is equivalent to knowing how to fight.

eyebeams
2/18/2005 10:35pm,
Xingyi looks easy, so I have a feeling that folks try and self-teach it more than, say, Northern Shaolin.

Of course, it isn' really that easy. Wood Fist (for instance) is an excellent technique, but you need the corrections that an instructor can provide corrections because it's difficult t get it rom simple observation. This is true for a lot of techniques in a lot of arts, but Xingyi's five fists look pretty simple, so I suppose people feel like they can give 'em a shot.

antonanton
2/18/2005 11:14pm,
Thats funny- It seems like lots of people DONT want to learn xing yi to me-
I agree with what is said above. Xing yi has five basic strikes, so I'm sure many people learn them really quickly and think they can fight. Xing yi, just like any other art, takes time and dedication to learn. And also like any other art, what you learn needs to be applied in live training and sparring.

Te(V)plar
2/19/2005 4:15pm,
Sounds like crap to me.

Mr.Pickles
2/20/2005 12:53am,
What sounds like crap?

The fact that people contemplate using something remotely connected to Tai Chi in a fight?

The fact that such people exist?

Or do you question the validity of me and/or my post?

citrus538
2/20/2005 11:18am,
The fact that people contemplate using something remotely connected to Tai Chi in a fight?If you consider Xing Yi to be remotely connected to Tai Chi, then so must every other Chinese martial art.

Meex
2/20/2005 12:25pm,
I don't. I want to pay as much money as possible for whatever I get in return.
As much money as possible? (Hmm. . .that could be a lot. )
Hey, have I got an OnLine program for you!
YOu send me $$, I'll send you a lesson.
The more $$ you send, the better the lesson!!
This program is 100% guaranteed!!

:headbang:

Omega Supreme
2/20/2005 12:46pm,
with all this Xing Yi crap?

Oh and by the way. Hello. I'm Mr. Pickles. I curse alot so you'll have to forgive me.

Anyway, I mull around on this forum alot. I just decided to join today. I've seen alot of Xing Yi questions. "Oh please, someone help me! I want to learn, but I'm a poor bum" or "Help me find some online stuff cause im lazy lolx0rz" or "Let me give you advice on Xing Yi, because I've had three online lessons for free."

What is the damn deal with Xing Yi that makes people go crazy. Why Xing Yi? Why do these people always want things for free?

*slaps Mr. Pickles in face:

Sit down bitch, grab a pencil, let me espane to yuse;

an actual shing yee (for the pin yin illiterate), expert can hit you really hard. So all these fucked up wannabe short cut fuckers come along and say ew, if I learn that I can hit somebody real hard and nobody will **** with me. So they learn some basic fucked up skill and think they're all that except they do no sparring so they don't know what it's like to get hit (beginners that is), they don't know what it is to get hit so they don't block, move or have any reaction skill what so ever.

On the other side of it I've encountered (three times so far ) in my life beginning kickboxing and bjj **** wads that scoff at so and so art. I tell them I do so and so art they start their pseudo well that's fine but not as good as bjj or kickboxing. I say show me they get their ass kicked. I say btw I've trained in those too.

Fucking newbs...

Welcome to bullshido.

Xango
2/20/2005 1:00pm,
Where do you live, Mr. Pickles?

We can have a slapfest if you want. I'm in Chicago.