PDA

View Full Version : 'Combat Survival,' "the most devastating Israeli martial system?"

Pages : [1] 2

Kungfoolss
2/11/2005 2:04am,
Spiffy website, but is the system effective or just more of the same Israeli mcdojoism?

http://www.combatsurvival.com/website.html

Poofist
2/11/2005 2:07am,
The whole thing loses 50 points right of the bat for having a FUCKING ANNOYING website.

Kungfoolss
2/11/2005 2:10am,
The whole thing loses 50 points right of the bat for having a FUCKING ANNOYING website.

That macromedia flash is pretty neat with online animations.

Wounded Ronin
2/11/2005 2:15am,
Just reading their site they seem to simply be repeating the tired RBSD McDojo crap...

Poofist
2/11/2005 2:15am,
WHOOOOSH WHOOOSH CHUNG CHIUNG
WHOOSH ALARM ALARM

BRIGHT THINGS MOVING FAST

WHOOSH CHUNG CHUNG

BEEP BEEP BEEP

BAD FLASH WORSE JAVA

ACCESS GRANTED

BRAPAPATA BRAPAPATA WHOOSH

CHIUNG CHUING CHIUNG CHUING

HEADACHE HEADACHE HEADACHE

WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH

There. I have paraphrased the website for you all.

lifetime
2/11/2005 2:24am,
Thank God I'm not epileptic.

Poop Loops
2/11/2005 2:26am,
Hmmm, I'd say the website was done pretty nicely.

Yeah, definite BS though.

PL

LolodesBois
2/11/2005 5:01am,
Well it seems he did produce fighters that won competitions so I wouldn't rule him out...

But this site does have all the typical RBSD bull you always see : simple movement that can defeat anyone etc...

The videos are total BS they look like trailers for the next action movie.

The pictures of technique have techniques that will get you killed against someone resisting or out to kill you.

I can understand having these types of techniques for 'no hope' , "I'm going to die anyway so let's try something" situations but why do RBSD people always show these as the ultimate techniques ?

Knightmare
2/11/2005 5:05am,
Anyone else get an access denied?

Gezere
2/11/2005 5:53am,
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

I've always wondered WHY in demos pple beat up one person then face the next opponent with a GUN. The GUN weilder then lets the guy get close just after watching him beat up his mate. Realistic? NOT!

Lampa
2/11/2005 9:42am,
When they said that they are the most deadly Israeli martial arts system do they mean that they are just more deadly than Krav Maga? Because if that's the case they might actually not be lying.

LolodesBois
2/11/2005 9:53am,
I think they are more deadly in that their students die a lot while trying this stuff for real...

MaverickZ
2/11/2005 9:57am,
anyone else notice that in the second video clip, during a knife disarm in the first 1/3 of it the guy cuts himself with the knife? i mean, he twists it and pulls the arm and teh blade of the knife goes right against his forearm.

marcdscott
2/11/2005 9:59am,
The guy in the website is Moni Azik, he was Carlos Newton's first trainer and a pretty bad man. His judo is good and he can teach people how to fight very effictively as for this system I think it is like Krav only less reliant on the cardio kickboxing approach, realfighting.com did a big story on him last issue (still online as of now).

Marc

bodar
2/11/2005 10:13am,
I think the low warbling hum on that website is meant to hypnotize you... or something... eh, off to buy their DVD's now, see you lat- HEY! :eusa_doh:

Gezere
2/11/2005 10:22am,
The guy in the website is Moni Azik, he was Carlos Newton's first trainer and a pretty bad man. His judo is good and he can teach people how to fight very effictively as for this system I think it is like Krav only less reliant on the cardio kickboxing approach, realfighting.com did a big story on him last issue (still online as of now).

Marc

Do you remember the name of the article?

The excessive use of sound effects on the site is annoying as hell!!!!